2020 Mustang GT, Land Rover Discovery 5

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
I have the blue one. It fits perfectly. I'd say Royal Steering wheels are higher quality, but I got this so I could put the car back to standard if I ever wanted to.

It's easy to swap over the hardware between the two, the ford screws are like chocolate though so go gently.

OP
OP
OllyMidd

OllyMidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olly
Vehicle(s)
I have the blue one. It fits perfectly. I'd say Royal Steering wheels are higher quality, but I got this so I could put the car back to standard if I ever wanted to.

It's easy to swap over the hardware between the two, the ford screws are like chocolate though so go gently.
OK Cool, do you have a link to the one you note?

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
I have one but I got it through dynaperformance. I didnt want to chance having any flaws/fit issues that I would be reminded of daily. Everything transferred fine.

I don’t see the little black airbag clips that you see here in my OE wheel. They came preinstalled in the new one. Since they hold your airbag on, I would double check because they would not be easy to remove while keeping their rigidity to hold the bag on.

C3017653-8163-4416-A179-0F810E2A95C4.jpeg

OP
OP
OllyMidd

OllyMidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olly
Vehicle(s)
I have one but I got it through dynaperformance. I didnt want to chance having any flaws/fit issues that I would be reminded of daily. Everything transferred fine.

I don’t see the little black airbag clips that you see here in my OE wheel. They came preinstalled in the new one. Since they hold your airbag on, I would double check because they would not be easy to remove while keeping their rigidity to hold the bag on.

C3017653-8163-4416-A179-0F810E2A95C4.jpeg
Noted. I noticed that too and just assumed I’d need to remove the pins from the original to the new one but is that not possible?

Sponsored

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
At first glance I though not but it comes out, you just really have to pinch it together to slide out the bottom. By doing so, it might not be as tight a fit going on the new one. I’m sure you’ll be fine, just a heads up.

Regardless, you will not be disappointed with the look and feel.

If I could redo it, I would’ve had a plan to dip or wrap the aluminum bits of the wheel before putting it back on. They just don’t go well with the Carbon imo.

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Those pins are not supposed to be removed. They are pushed inwards to remove the steering wheel.

Noted. I noticed that too and just assumed I’d need to remove the pins from the original to the new one but is that not possible?
Sponsored