Sponsored

After your P Zeroes wore out, what tire did you go to?

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Continental DW tires. Have about 8000-9000 on them now and there's very little visible wear. Very quiet tires too. Turn in feel isn't as immediate as the P Zeros' and I'd say lateral grip not quite as good, maybe the softer sidewall. But way better than the Cooper A/S I tried for one week. Had I had the money to get exactly what I wanted, it would have been Michelin Super Sports. The other tire that interested me was the new Firestone. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4WR9FHI5&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes Probably can't beat it for the price, looks like it did great in TireRack's performance testing.
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Continental DW tires. Have about 8000-9000 on them now and there's very little visible wear. Very quiet tires too. Turn in feel isn't as immediate as the P Zeros' and I'd say lateral grip not quite as good, maybe the softer sidewall. But way better than the Cooper A/S I tried for one week. Had I had the money to get exactly what I wanted, it would have been Michelin Super Sports. The other tire that interested me was the new Firestone. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4WR9FHI5&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes Probably can't beat it for the price, looks like it did great in TireRack's performance testing.
Conti tires are good but as you mentioned the sidewall has some play on them compared to the Pirelli tires.

Now the Indy 500 I've gotten some of those in and man their sweet pricing is on point, quality is on point and so far good feedback from clients I've setup on those.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Add the Kumho PS91 as another choice. Can't speak to the longevity of them (my previous experience with Kumho's wasn't good, wore very fast). $196 plus shipping each for 275/40/19's.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm scheduled to get the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S when I head to Jersey for Christmas. I'm not crazy about the side wall, but all of the reviews and tests indicate that they perform equally with the Pzero's in all areas (besides a race track), but are significantly better in the cold and snow.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well of course an all season is going to outperform a summer tire in the snow. And those tires do not outperform Pirelli PZero summer tires in any category a summer tire should outperform an A/S tire (dry grip). They're a great tire, but don't read into hype. Hopefully you're comparing to the Pirelli Nero A/S tires, making my comments moot.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well of course an all season is going to outperform a summer tire in the snow. And those tires do not outperform Pirelli PZero summer tires in any category a summer tire should outperform an A/S tire (dry grip). They're a great tire, but don't read into hype. Hopefully you're comparing to the Pirelli Nero A/S tires, making my comments moot.
No, I was reading the Summer Only tires (I added in the snow/cold part to round it out).

That's what I thought too, but outside of a race track, the performance of the G-Force and the new Michelin tires is equal or even better than the Pirellis we've had. Again, this is only from what I've read.

I'll be sure to post a better review when I get them installed at the end of this month!

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
The stock Pirelli's, now that it's gotten cold, are ridiculous.

We don't get much ice here. We get absolutely zero snow. It was an extremely dry night. No rain for a few days. The car was warm from waiting on Katie to get in the car to go to a christmas party. We go to leave the parking lot and I pretty much slid around with TCS going off. Get to the main highway to leave, and again, it's spin city.

Yea, 440hp and 3.73's with a manual don't help. But I've had more traction in my old cobra with hoosier's on the back than this. Definitely looking forward to a better wheel and tire setup

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)

Mustanggirlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Athena
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
My Pirellis lasted to about 25k miles. I ended up with the BFG's G Force Comp 2 A/S. So far so good. Had them installed on Saturday. Not too crazy about the sidewall look but I will manage somehow.
;)

OP
OP
Sc00ter

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
My Pirellis lasted to about 25k miles. I ended up with the BFG's G Force Comp 2 A/S. So far so good. Had them installed on Saturday. Not too crazy about the sidewall look but I will manage somehow.
;)
My new Michelin's sidewalls aren't as good-looking as the PZeros, either :(

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
My new Michelin's sidewalls aren't as good-looking as the PZeros, either :(
Which Michelin's did you end up going with ?
Sponsored