Sponsored

AFE Drop In Filter

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Has anyone had experience with the AFE dry drop in filters? Thinking about coupling this filter with a Borla catback and hoping to gain maybe 1 whp :D
Sponsored

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I run one. I like dry filters as opposed to the wet gauze. I run it to eliminate any oil on the maf, easy to clean and still filters well. According to the company's charts it flows better too. I paired it with the Airaid tube. Doubt I gained much if any power but it sounds slightly deeper due to the tube.

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Drove the car with the filter today, the throttle response on normal setting is not normal anymore, it is between normal and sport mode. This is pretty awesome for a filter. Noise level seems to be the same.

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
We are happy you enjoy the filter upgrade :), noise level should not change because the factory sound tube and intake are still intact. Rather you should feel a little bit better throttle response compared to the stock OEM filter for sure.

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
We are happy you enjoy the filter upgrade :), noise level should not change because the factory sound tube and intake are still intact. Rather you should feel a little bit better throttle response compared to the stock OEM filter for sure.
Just wondering, are we talking about the

Magnum FLOW OER Pro DRY S Air Filter; Ford Mustang 2015 I4/V6/V8 31-10255

?

Sponsored

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
You are correct.
Awesome, usually on all my cars I get a dry reusable filter and exhaust, being as my car is brand new the stock filter is still good!

However as soon as I can replace it I will!

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Just wondering, are we talking about the

Magnum FLOW OER Pro DRY S Air Filter; Ford Mustang 2015 I4/V6/V8 31-10255

?
Awesome, usually on all my cars I get a dry reusable filter and exhaust, being as my car is brand new the stock filter is still good!

However as soon as I can replace it I will!
Sounds great, PM me when you are ready or have any questions. And by the way we will be releasing both our momentum GT, and Stage 2 intake kits which will also include either a oiled or dry reusable filters too. Both which will not need to be tuned, if you didn't know :gossip:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I just installed this one and took her for a ride - NICE :): https://www.walmart.com/ip/49348841

Ordered and shipped free to my door in two days. Definately an improvement over the OEM paper filter. Added a little pep to the step. For those hesitant to go tune, i highly recommend it(baby steps). I intend to stay closed box (for now) so as to avoid having pulled timing. Gives me confidence that the factory intake will perform just fine with a tune.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Ruby Red
I run one. If you're expecting an increase in power or "throttle response," you'll likely be disappointed. There are no measurable power gains. If you want slightly better filtration than factory in a filter that is reusable and very well built, then it fits the bill. The dry one, that is. The oiled version probably sucks as much as its overmarketed competitors.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I have always had good luck with the Green Filter. Like others said, don't expect much and look at it as more of a long term cost savings, clean vs replace.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Yeah, it's not about looking for hp or torque with this. the increased airflow is definately noticeable, adding to slightly improved throttle response. money well spent for me.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I have the dry AFe. Pretty happy with it. I like that its reusable and doesn't need to be oiled. I have mine paired with the Mishimoto intake tube and I noticed that this combo provides smoother flow to the engine.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
What's the difference between the Green filter at about $54 and the AFE Power about $66 other than price point?

Both are dry filters from reputable companies.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have the dry filter. Maybe a little snappier throttle but otherwise no real difference as far as I can tell. Got typical dyno numbers for an MT 5.0 as well (no-tune).
Sponsored