Sponsored

(Advice Please) 2017 Mustang GT 90k Miles Priced at 18k

Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forums and looking for advice. This is my first time purchasing a used car and need some insight into whether or not it is a good deal.

The car is a 2017 GT with 17 service records, regularly maintained getting oil and filters changed.

3 previous owners. The first for 4 years second for 2 years and the last for for 1 month.

No accidents or damage reported.

My main question is, Is this a fair price? How many more miles can I expect from this vehicle?

I'm getting a pre purchase inspection done tomorrow, what are some things y'all would look for?

Thank you to everyone in advance.
Sponsored

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
Are you buying from a dealer or private party? That’s a really low price, I’d be a little skeptical.

OP
OP

Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Are you buying from a dealer or private party? That’s a really low price, I’d be a little skeptical.
It is used car dealer down in Florida. 4 star review on google with over 400 reviews.

I am also skeptical on the price.

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
It is used car dealer down in Florida. 4 star review on google with over 400 reviews.

I am also skeptical on the price.
Link? I’m in Fort Myers, I’m well aware of the inflated car prices here lol. The last two s550’s I bought had around the same mileage and were in the upper 20’s. The going price for these cars is well into the 20’s right now.

OP
OP

Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That's very cheap. Friend sold '16 Premium GT PP with ~60k miles (I think) to dealer for ~$26kish. Little suspicious. Look for accident history.

OP
OP

Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
That's very cheap. Friend sold '16 Premium GT PP with ~60k miles (I think) to dealer for ~$26kish. Little suspicious. Look for accident history.
Carfax shows no accidents, not even minor ones. Is it possible it was crashed and the owner fixed it up themselves? Would that show up in a pre purchase inspection?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Carfax shows no accidents, not even minor ones. Is it possible it was crashed and the owner fixed it up themselves? Would that show up in a pre purchase inspection?
Possible, would it show - if well done, may not be easy to spot and it strongly depends on the accident. May be just a good price for some reason but I'd be very cautious with it if I were you. Price seems too good.

OP
OP

Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Possible, would it show - if well done, may not be easy to spot and it strongly depends on the accident. May be just a good price for some reason but I'd be very cautious with it if I were you. Price seems too good.
Unfortunately I agree, this car seems dangerously deep in too good to be true territory.

I'm willing to spend up to 25k on a good s550. Is that goal achievable? what mile range would i be looking at?

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I had a 16 gt for a bit with 4x,xxx miles for about 30k so it’s doable but I agree it’s too good to be true. Especially when you buy cars in Broward and Miami dade. A bunch of sketchy cars over there. I’d still take a look at it but look it over very closely, there’s a reason it’s that cheap. It could’ve been in an accident that wasn’t reported to the state. It could’ve been a flood car too thanks to Ian.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Thank you, I really appreciate the help. I'll have a mechanic giver her an inspection but my expectations are very low. Will definitely keep shopping around.

What should i look out for when buying a good GT?

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The usual really. Make sure the evaporator core and the rear wheel bearing have been replaced. Both are known issues. The coyote is like any other mod motor, they are pretty reliable with regular maintenance. The mt82 is not the best transmission but I’ve had good luck with them.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium Convertible
There is another $2,431 in fees added on top of the listed price in the small print (excluding sales tax, recon fees)
Sponsored