Danao91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seb
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2017 Convertible
Hello guys,

I have replaced all the speakers in my 2017 ecoboost convertible (tweeter, mid, front, rear and subwoofer) and removed the central speaker.
I would like to add an amplifier via a maestro DSR1, I have a question regarding the number of channels :
- Do I need a 12 channels amplifier to manage this 9 channels via the maestro DSR 1 ?
- What are your recommendation for the amplifier ?

Thanks
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hello guys,

I have replaced all the speakers in my 2017 ecoboost convertible (tweeter, mid, front, rear and subwoofer) and removed the central speaker.
I would like to add an amplifier via a maestro DSR1, I have a question regarding the number of channels :
- Do I need a 12 channels amplifier to manage this 9 channels via the maestro DSR 1 ?
- What are your recommendation for the amplifier ?

Thanks
Number of channels depends on how you want to run your system. If you want to be fully active you’ll need one channel per speaker and that usually means at least two amps. If you want to run your system passive then you can get away with a 5 channel amp. But, since you went through all the hassle of replacing the speakers I’d go with at least two amps in either scenario so you can either run them active or bridge two channels for each side of your fronts as well as your rears since a passive crossover will divide the power output.