Sponsored

Advertising Fees?

apoptosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
So I just walked away from a heated negotiation where I was willing to pay $500 over invoice for a new 2015 Mustang on the lot. Where negotiations broke down is a $837 Advertising fee that they were claiming was part of invoice.

I was using the spreadsheets that can be found in this forum for Invoice, and wasn't having it.

Was I wrong? Is the $837 Advertising Fee part of invoice? When I Google Advertising Fees I find mix results. Did you guys pay this fee?
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think I paid about $400 for the advertising fee. The Invoice/X-Plan spreadsheet does not reflect the fee.

OP
OP

apoptosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
Problem is I have been having trouble getting them to place an order at invoice, and this was the only one that came close to what I was looking for in the 3 closest states. I live on Long Island, NY which I swear is home to the worst car dealerships I have ever negotiated with.

Sponsored

GT82-15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 4X4, 2011 Explorer, Ordered GT 5.0 Vert
There is a $687 advertising assessment in the dealer invoice column of the vehicle order confirmation. This is right from ford to cover all there adds and there car give a ways, like on amazing race. This number does not show up on the retail column. It is figured in the X-plan pricing.

OP
OP

apoptosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
There is a $687 advertising assessment in the dealer invoice column of the vehicle order confirmation. This is right from ford to cover all there adds and there car give a ways, like on amazing race. This number does not show up on the retail column. It is figured in the X-plan pricing.
Well this is the second different number I have heard here. $400, $687 and I was told $837. So for this being "apart" of invoice it sure is all over the place.

GT82-15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 4X4, 2011 Explorer, Ordered GT 5.0 Vert
I suppose it could vary for different regions. I have a pickup ordered also and it is $722

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
The advertising fee should be already taken into account in the X plan if you are going that route.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

If you are not using X plan the dealer can charge what ever they want.

In other words...Pure profit for the dealer If you are going to order the car right? Once the car gets delivered, the next day they'll give you a call and you pick it up. So they really are not going to advertise it for sale, nor they have to pay to advertise (Pay say cars.com, eBay.com, etc.) Because the car is already sold to you. So again Pure Profit

It's not a profit. Its a charge from Ford that dealer has on the invoice. You pay that fee TO FORD no matter what plan you use A/X/Z/D or invoice. Dealers don't make a dime from it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

apoptosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
I am wishing I had joined MCA.... 2 months ago. I just don't want to wait 60 days now. Also 3 dealers in my area say they won't even do X-Plan if the car isn't on their lot.

OP
OP

apoptosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
Olla, I am confused with you. Also if it was a manufacture fee, what isn't it listed as a line item on MSRP (the window sticker). Delivery a manufacture fee is listed there. I am sure the manufacture charges dealerships for advertising, but its their decision to pass it on as a line item. What other industry would list advertising as a line item? No other.

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Delivery is the only manufacturer governed fee. Everything else is at the option of the dealership.

Why not just pay the $40 and get EAA with Xplan pricing. Then the dealership CANNOT charge any fees except the $100 doc fee and $275 admin fee. Tax and Destination (delivery). That's it period.

Not using Xplan the dealership can honestly charge whatever they want for the car or the fees added on. There's not much you can do about it they have all of the leverage or you can find another dealership.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Here is my DORA. There is an advertising fee. I got x-plan pricing as well.
image.jpg
Sponsored