Ads at bottom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Not sure what’s happened, but the ad that appears at the bottom of my screen is now a permanent thing. It used to be I could press the X and it would be gone. Now, it’s just stuck there covering posts.
Much more annoying than previously I get it, ads pay for the forum etc. But what was wrong with the previous way where I could opt to X out of them so I could actually see posts and the thread?
Anyone else having this issue now or just me?
It also used to be relevant ads that if something caught my eye I might check it out. Now the ads are irrelevant to me.
Sorry for the rant. Just a wee bit disappointed in the change.
Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Nothing new from any other forum I've seen.
Gotta pay the bills somehow.

I do agree it's a pain via telephone as it takes up a good percentage of the little screen.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
The change though is that you used to be able to close the ad. Now it’s permanent. Grr. I get the pay the bills thing, but now it’s much more intrusive.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Any mods want to weigh in on how to change it back so I can see content properly?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Jarstang

I will agree with all of the comments above - all the sudden there is a permanent ad at the very bottom of the forums here via the web browser that is blocking content...

I'm on an iPhone XR w/ latest iOS 15.2 and Safari. This perma-ad appeared prior to any of my updates and will not go away...

This is what I am seeing (logged in or not) and it's only happening on this site (circled In image):
568A4437-73AC-492C-A48A-E6A920A10221.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have wipr Adblock on phone, I also see this blank ad

F16961F2-B3E4-4B05-BCE1-F8C7174817B3.png

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Phew! Glad I’m not the only one seeing this... I asked the mods to weigh in but didn’t get any response so assumed they couldn’t see it and therefore couldn’t respond.

The ads used to be there, but could be minimized and not reappear until next log in. But now, it’s there all the time... I’ve also noticed the ads have become much more irrelevant to me. They used to be something I’ve searched for or something I’ve been interested in. I’d even click on the ones of interest then. Now, they’re just taking up space and are completely out of place.

Either way, I understand bills have to be paid so it is what it is. Not trying to create any wrinkles, but wanted to see if anyone was seeing what I’m seeing and if it was across the board or a setting on my phone that got out of whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.