Actually, housewife blue is a pretty color

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I think FJ grey is avalanche grey. One of my GT350Rs is avalanche grey. I like it. So yes, to each his own, lol
its not but they are close. my cobra was avalanche. it would change based on the light it was under basically. sometimes it looked like white, sometimes shiny primer, sometimes blue. when i wetsanded it (single stage) i noticed it had a lot of brown in it. very strange color.

FJG always looks grey to me.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
its not but they are close. my cobra was avalanche. it would change based on the light it was under basically. sometimes it looked like white, sometimes shiny primer, sometimes blue. when i wetsanded it (single stage) i noticed it had a lot of brown in it. very strange color.

FJG always looks grey to me.
Careful wet sanding these cars. Clear coat is very thin.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Usually wet sanding Is done when the painter knows the car will be sanded and lays down extra clear to compensate for it. It is always best to not cut into the factory paint. The idea of paint correction, particularly in the last 10-15 years, is a direct result of the rise of ceramic coating and PPF guys looking to increase profit margins by telling owners their paint must be ā€œcorrectedā€ before the product can be applied For best results. I have tons of experience in working with paint, including older original finishes with factory applied single stage paints. My philosophy is to never go after a blemish with paper or even aggressive compounding unless you are ok resorting to having the panel painted. Orange peel on the factory paint is actually there for a purpose

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I did the paint on mine. single stage.
1684116138367.png
That is nice. I love single stage paint, especially original paint in dark colors.ā€¦I have owned some nice lower mile Foxbody cars over the years and always loved how they looked after using Megs #7. Why did your shoot it in SS?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think FJ grey is avalanche grey. One of my GT350Rs is avalanche grey. I like it. So yes, to each his own, lol
FJG (Mustang) and Cactus Grey (Bronco) are the same. Avalanche is on its own, but they are very close in color in certain pics/lighting. Iā€™ve yet to see a Brittany car around here, hopefully this summer as I know at least a few were sold locally here. I did see an Eruption Green 500 driving around this week. Thatā€™s a gorgeous color on the 500, have only seen in on a Bronco previously.

FatThigh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Hugh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I hear thisā€¦ you know when you have found the right one!

My wife loves the HE Edition paint, and even enjoys the attention we get when we bring it out... not too many women I have met that are hot and also enjoy cars!

Believe me, even though we met when we were only 19, 33 years later of being together, I still realize I married way up!!!
Likewise on who is smarter. She stuck around this long so how smart can she be. Lol

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I hear thisā€¦ you know when you have found the right one!

My wife loves the HE Edition paint, and even enjoys the attention we get when we bring it out... not too many women I have met that are hot and also enjoy cars!
personally i think that's about the coolest thing a car company's done in a long time. wimbeldon white is pretty dang special.

FatThigh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Hugh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the Wimbledon White GT350 HE was so striking when we saw itā€¦ as you can see in my gallery thatā€™s definitely her car.

She liked the Performance Blue on my GT350R, but for some reason it just doesnā€™t stand out as much as the Wimbledon White HE edition.

Now sheā€™s in love with my GT500 HE almost as much as her 350 HEā€¦ gotta hide the keys from her lol.

personally i think that's about the coolest thing a car company's done in a long time. wimbeldon white is pretty dang special.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, my wife must be really dumb - sheā€™s hot, sheā€™s nine years younger than me, she waited 22 years for me to marry her, I donā€™t get nagged (much lol), I donā€™t have a huge amount of spare money and I only drive a GT ā€¦ :crackup:

Anyhow, back on topic. I got to have a look around a housewife blue 500 when I was in the states and I agree, it is a very nice colour.

I have a bit of a soft spot for it as one of my growing up ā€˜got to own one at some pointā€™ cars came in that colour, but under a different name (moonstone) :sunglasses:

Sadly that ā€˜got to own it at some pointā€™ isnā€™t going to become a reality and I should have committed years ago - 20k new in 1987 is now between 200k and 600k for a good one ā€¦ :shock:

Perhaps I should sell the house ā€˜you canā€™t race your house but you can sleep in your carā€™ :giggle:

WD :like:
Sponsored