Sponsored

Active Valve Exhaust selection unavailable..?

MrFluffyRB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I just installed a set of long tubes and a new mid pipe. I had Borla Ataks with the active cables welded on the mid pipe due to figment issues. Problem I’m having now is my valves don’t work. I checked the wires and they seem fine. I didn’t find any blown fuses. I disconnected the battery for a bit and still no avail. Anyone have any ideas as to what could have happened?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Even though the exterior wire conduit or casing looks fine, usually the issue is the wires broke on the inside. Pull the the black or protective outer casing off and check all the wires inside for any brakes or chafing.

Also check the harness connectors back at the actual valves near the mufflers - some have found that by doing exhaust upgrades the wiring to the connectors was stretched causing damages (again seen of the outer farming is removed).

Check the entire length of the AE harness from front to back for any loose connectors, contact with either exhaust or frame and damages..

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium - PP1, 401a, A10, AE
Your actuators could have went out. There’s a few videos on YouTube on how to replace them and where to buy them from. Teflon5.0 has a video on this

OP
OP
MrFluffyRB

MrFluffyRB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Alright… I feel like a dumbass but here’s the updated conclusion. Upon further inspection of the wires as I have verified none of the fuses were blown. the passenger side harness with the green and purple wire was completely ripped. long story short, my buddy was able to pull the pin and solder the broken wire together with some patch work. Now, I also noticed a lot of corrosion in the plug and around some of the wires thanks to ford’s immaculate engineering. So I would assume at some point down the line I will have to come up with either a new harness plug and take preventative measures or find a way to cover the wires but still leave them accessible should I have to take them out again.
Sponsored