Sponsored

Acceleration test (poor mans dyno lol) of multiple tunes was interesting.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Interesting info. I've got an SCT X4 coming tomorrow, going to log and send it to Shaun at AED in Cali for some remote tuning. I've been happy with the off the shelf Lund too.
Shaun is great on the platform. Performance has been outstanding as was his service. Though some have had other experiences mine was always great with AED.
Sponsored

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for taking the time to do this. There’s not a ton of data out there like this… super useful for someone tune shopping. Surprised there’s not more action on this thread

OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
@tw557 with help from others, we got surprisingly repeatable torque and hp curves using vcmscanner:

https://www.f150forum.com/f123/nerd-alert-wtq-whp-formula-vcm-scanner-504014/index4/#post6978687
I took a quick look at that thread and love what you guys are doing with the VCMscanner. My experiment was much less of a coordinated effort. I sort of just after the fact though maybe could see some interesting stuff pulling data into Excel. 2 things you mentioned that I did change just lately was to use MPH instead of RPM. I saw fluctuations with the rpm that must have been a little slip at times. Mostly affected the lowest rpms and if that was off it could make the end of the chart off even more. Also I wish I did less PID scanning to get maybe better scanning. But that is really fun how you convert everything into accurate HP then too. Since I don't race anymore and I picked my tune that I will run now, I probably won't do much data logging anymore much and realize that I won't feel any real difference on the street anyway. So much better then back in my racing days of going over to the mountain and go from sign at bottom (40mph) to bump 3/4 way up in the road to see if I could get more speed by the bump. I need to give your thread above a good read tonight and see how much I'll be able to understand it and give it a try too.
Sponsored