LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in her responsiveness, honestly. Sport mode was always a little unpredictable at times. Now she moves when I tell her to move and there’s less buck in the downshifts, which feels great! I’m hoping this improves my MPG too but we’ll see. 🤞
I've noticed similar improvements also.... My MPG has leveled off at about 2mpg better than before. Still very happy and even trying to repeat my issue I had before reprogramming there were no problems.
Sponsored

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I can also confirm that after taking B.B. into the dealership for service, this was the same issue causing the random misfire I experienced weeks ago! It’s definitely a known issue with 21-22 Mustangs, as the tech said they’d recently had a few come in with the same problem. All they needed to do was reprogram the PCM which took maybe 30 minutes?

He even provided me with some additional information I thought I’d share here for anyone experiencing random CEL issues or “cylinder misfire” alerts via FordPass:

188C89FF-A2DF-4E5C-A642-DF0216AD0C47.jpeg

I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in her responsiveness, honestly. Sport mode was always a little unpredictable at times. Now she moves when I tell her to move and there’s less buck in the downshifts, which feels great! I’m hoping this improves my MPG too but we’ll see. 🤞
My 21 has a 2k rpm misfire that I can feel on the highway that goes away if I press harder on the pedal. No engine codes.
Should I try to get ford to reprogram?

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
My 21 has a 2k rpm misfire that I can feel on the highway that goes away if I press harder on the pedal. No engine codes.
Should I try to get ford to reprogram?
Late in replying but I don’t think it would hurt to take it in so they can check it out! It was free for me and took maybe an hour? Worst case they may be able to tell you what else could be going on to cause your issues.
Sponsored