Sponsored

AC Compressor died 2016 7600 miles!

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
No no it's how people react when something goes wrong they go way overboard. One thing goes wrong now whole car a piece of junk like there whole life is coming to a end. Like there car is no longer perfect must get rid of it NOW. Then someone else reads this thread and goes I'm worried about my car now like it's going to do the same. Sad thing people are not perfect so why act like this?
Glad someone else can see the obvious. This kid needs to grow up and get a grip; funny how it's okay for him to blame everyone else for his problems, and when he gets called out, everyone is a "troll" :lol:
Sponsored

OP
OP

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Glad someone else can see the obvious. This kid needs to grow up and get a grip; funny how it's okay for him to blame everyone else for his problems, and when he gets called out, everyone is a "troll" :lol:
Wait, what did I get called out on? And I'm a kid that needs to grow up? I'm pretty sure I'm a grown man (one who served his country and has pics with President Bush from 2003, but keep calling me a kid), who vented about a part on my new car breaking after 4 months, my first new car at that (but 3rd Mustang, others being a 95 GT and 02 GT), as I am not one to randomly drop 25k on something (my 1st house for example cost 26k, I have 2 rental properties now plus my primary home but I'm still cheap or fiscally responsible as I like to call it). The Ford technicians still haven't fixed my car after a day of work and replacing the compressor, but I'm letting them work their magic. And I already said I'm keeping the car. I'm not sure how people aren't "allowed" to get frustrated, without having trolls like you rip me apart. Are you like that in person? People on the internet seem to be so rude and then in person they are so nice. I'd say hopefully you aren't a phony but I really do hope you are nice in person. Don't be a keyboard warrior.

If you are referring to the scratched windows, I'm not sure how I caused that. The dealership replaced my windows as their contractor scratched them. The bumper breaking? McDonalds is covering the damages. What else ya got? By the way, you are the ONLY rude person I've seen on this forum who likes to troll and shame people. You must think very highly of yourself with all your wisdom. And I didn't say everyone is a troll. You are the only person I called a troll. I'm not the only person to think so apparently:

You continually troll this section of the forum trying to place blame for the problems people are having with their Mustangs and say it was driver error.

I take it by your screen name you are a ford technician... Does that make you feel superior on these forums? As if your profession is better than everyone elses? I work for the DoD for example. That doesn't mean I should go troll the military forums.

I have nothing against you, so why don't you try to be civil?

Last edited:

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Wait, what did I get called out on? And I'm a kid that needs to grow up? I'm pretty sure I'm a grown man (one who served his country and has pics with President Bush from 2003, but keep calling me a kid), who vented about a part on my new car breaking after 4 months, my first new car at that (but 3rd Mustang, others being a 95 GT and 02 GT), as I am not one to randomly drop 25k on something (my 1st house for example cost 26k, I have 2 rental properties now plus my primary home but I'm still cheap or fiscally responsible as I like to call it). The Ford technicians still haven't fixed my car after a day of work and replacing the compressor, but I'm letting them work their magic. And I already said I'm keeping the car. I'm not sure how people aren't "allowed" to get frustrated, without having trolls like you rip me apart. Are you like that in person? People on the internet seem to be so rude and then in person they are so nice. I'd say hopefully you aren't a phony but I really do hope you are nice in person. Don't be a keyboard warrior.

If you are referring to the scratched windows, I'm not sure how I caused that. The dealership replaced my windows as their contractor scratched them. The bumper breaking? McDonalds is covering the damages. What else ya got? By the way, you are the ONLY rude person I've seen on this forum who likes to troll and shame people. You must think very highly of yourself with all your wisdom. And I didn't say everyone is a troll. You are the only person I called a troll. I'm not the only person to think so apparently:
The only "keyboard warrior" here is you, who takes to the internet to blame the vehicle manufacturer for your own problems. Scratched windows, dents, and damage from parking lots are YOUR problem, not a manufacturing issue. Statements like that make you appear to be a troll, and certainly not a reasonable person. You have no room to call anyone names when you come on here talking nonsense.

The fact that you would trade a Mustang for a Civic proves that you are not an enthusiast, nor do you have any concept of what makes a vehicle "reliable". You are a troll who jumps to conclusions based on unfounded claims. Once again, a Civic or Corolla is basic, cheap, ugly, poor performing transportation for people who don't know what a real car is.

OP
OP

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
The only "keyboard warrior" here is you, who takes to the internet to blame the vehicle manufacturer for your own problems. Scratched windows, dents, and damage from parking lots are YOUR problem, not a manufacturing issue. Statements like that make you appear to be a troll, and certainly not a reasonable person. You have no room to call anyone names when you come on here talking nonsense.

The fact that you would trade a Mustang for a Civic proves that you are not an enthusiast, nor do you have any concept of what makes a vehicle "reliable". You are a troll who jumps to conclusions based on unfounded claims. Once again, a Civic or Corolla is basic, cheap, ugly, poor performing transportation for people who don't know what a real car is.
Coming from someone who drives a Ford Edge (which I consider UGLY, just like you consider the redesigned 2016 Civic and redesigned 2014 Corolla UGLY)... You don't even own a S550, on an S550 forum, that means so much. You don't even work for Ford.

And considering that at least 5x people on this forum have repeatedly called you a troll is not surprising. Yet the only person calling me a troll is the person that I called a troll first. You are kind of acting like a 12 year old who gets picked on in school. By the way, the ONLY thing that I blamed as a manufacturing defect for was the AC, you know, the one that went at 7600 miles. But I guess that isn't a manufacturing problem and I probably caused it by using it too much?? You also obviously have a reading comprehension problem... Please point out where I said scratched windows, dents, and damage from parking lots were a manufacturing problem. I'm waiting...

Also, who on earth said I was an enthusiast? Did I self proclaim myself as such? Are enthusiasts the only people welcome to be on this forum? I absolutely LOVE my wife's 2015 Corolla. Completely different from my Mustang but an absolutely fantastic car. Do you know who Wayne Gerdes is? I'm sure you do, being in the auto industry. He's a great guy. Well anyways my current record in the Corolla is 64 MPG across 720 miles. Can you do that with a Mustang? They serve DIFFERENT purposes. It's also super practical for my 2 and 4 year old.

What nonsense did I talk? How am I not reasonable again for getting frustrated with the AC going on my brand new car? I consider myself a very reasonable person. Sorry I'm not perfect like you.

You seem to spin that EVERYTHING is the drivers problem (ie. you can't drive well, my buddy's car with 10k miles doesn't have problems, blah blah blah). It's quite hilarious and if you aren't noticing how much of a troll you are, you should probably acknowledge it now.

This was directed at you by the way, as I've seen PLENTY of posts just like it.. But as I said, troll on...

When you have nothing to offer but insults and belittling you need to stfu!

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Coming from someone who drives a Ford Edge (which I consider UGLY, just like you consider the redesigned 2016 Civic and redesigned 2014 Corolla UGLY)... You don't even own a S550, on an S550 forum, that means so much. You don't even work for Ford.
You are the minority. Civics and Corollas are ugly, cheap, basic transportation. No effort is put into the design, quality, or performance, because cheap people like you will buy them regardless. That's called ignorance, and it's not something to be proud of.

You think that the Edge is ugly? Good for you. Join the zero other people who agree with you, and keep pretending that your opinion matters.

I bet you think the CR-V and RAV4 look awesome too :lol:

And considering that at least 5x people on this forum have repeatedly called you a troll is not surprising. Yet the only person calling me a troll is the person that I called a troll first. You are kind of acting like a 12 year old who gets picked on in school.
Wow, 5 people? LOL, that must be half the internet!! :lol:

Let me guess, it's the same 5 people that keep following you around and "thanking" you for your whiny, complaining, worthless posts? Of course it is. Nice try.

By the way, the ONLY thing that I blamed as a manufacturing defect for was the AC, you know, the one that went at 7600 miles. But I guess that isn't a manufacturing problem and I probably caused it by using it too much?? You also obviously have a reading comprehension problem... Please point out where I said scratched windows, dents, and damage from parking lots were a manufacturing problem. I'm waiting...
Reading comprehension? LOL, no, you are just a chronic complainer and whiner. Here are your EXACT words:

"I'm strongly considering trading it in for a 16 Civic Sedan. If I end up keeping it I'll probably get an ESP warranty, but since I have a 2 and 4 year old, if I don't take a huge hit, I might just change it up and get something that should be reliable. My wife's car is a 15 Corolla and we have no issues with that one. I owe $22,800 on the stang, and it should trade in for around $19k I believe.

Probably jumping the gun but my car has been hexed since day 1 lmfao, with the dealers contractors scratching and thus replacing my rear windows when they installed tint, then I got a dent on the door that needed repair, then I got the bumper partially pulled off from faulty engineering at a McDonalds parking space (which they are covering), and now the compressor. All within a few months of ownership haha."

You imply that you are going to "trade the car in on a Civic" based on a single issue, combined with your apparent lack of driving skills that caused you to damage your vehicle. That's called being foolish.

Also, who on earth said I was an enthusiast? Did I self proclaim myself as such? Are enthusiasts the only people welcome to be on this forum? I absolutely LOVE my wife's 2015 Corolla. Completely different from my Mustang but an absolutely fantastic car. Do you know who Wayne Gerdes is? I'm sure you do, being in the auto industry. He's a great guy. Well anyways my current record in the Corolla is 64 MPG across 720 miles. Can you do that with a Mustang? They serve DIFFERENT purposes. It's also super practical for my 2 and 4 year old.
No Corolla has ever achieved 64 MPG, you are out of your damn mind. If you seriously believe the nonsense you are posting, then you need to seek mental health services.

It's quite obvious by now that you are not the least bit an "enthusiast", anyone who "loves" a Corolla obviously has extremely low expectations out of life. That is just sad and pathetic, I honestly feel bad for you.

What nonsense did I talk? How am I not reasonable again for getting frustrated with the AC going on my brand new car? I consider myself a very reasonable person. Sorry I'm not perfect like you.
See above. You made a blanket statement about the quality of a vehicle based on a single issue combined with your apparent bad luck and/or poor judgement. There is a reason all new vehicles come with a warranty, out of hundreds of thousands of parts, there is a chance something might break.

You seem to spin that EVERYTHING is the drivers problem (ie. you can't drive well, my buddy's car with 10k miles doesn't have problems, blah blah blah). It's quite hilarious and if you aren't noticing how much of a troll you are, you should probably acknowledge it now.

This was directed at you by the way, as I've seen PLENTY of posts just like it.. But as I said, troll on...
The only "troll" here is you; there is a reason I've been thanked 75 times and you've been thanked by a small few, all of which were most likely other complainers/whiners who apparently support your worthless cause. You aren't here to share any positive experiences or to contribute to the community; you're here to COMPLAIN and WHINE like a little cry baby. Keep driving your shitbox Corolla and pretend you're getting "64 MPG" LOL, it's just plain comical :lol:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
No Corolla has ever achieved 64 MPG, you are out of your damn mind.
I've actually got 68 MPG/trip out of the Corolla, just not across a full tank.

44 mph tends to be the sweet spot for this vehicle. You burn about 30% more fuel going 80 vs. 55. Plus I just laugh at those who race to red lights :) Real-time fuel consumption displays makes it very easy for the typical consumer to gauge and alter their driving habits and adjust throttle (although on-board systems seem to be off by 10% or so). One of the big tips is maintaining throttle and varying speed based on environment (so if you approaching a hill and going 60, you would slowly go down a few mph's).. No jack rabbit launches either. I always conserve momentum also. Plus some other techniques. I don't do any of the stupid ones like tailgating a semi, nor do most legit people who hypermile. A lot of people simulate start/stop if stopped >7s but I am always wary of putting wear on my ignition.

I use dashcommand for my real time info. Most use a ScanGauge. Wayne Gerdes (Guiness Record Holder), who I mentioned above, has gotten 73.5 MPG out of an older Corolla, that wasn't as nearly as efficient as these new ones. He got 81 MPG in a TDI across 48 states. Combined EPA rating is 36 MPG. Everyone can double the EPA if they actually wanted to. Just takes a little bit of effort and skill :cheers: The wife can typically get low 50's when she "tries" some of the tips/techniques.

FYI, the Corolla is the best selling car of all time (40 million or so). Also known as the longest lasting and most reliable. I still love my Mustang though. It's a gorgeous looking car, and a blast to drive.

After driving the new Civic, I decided to keep the Mustang. I actually love the exterior looks of the new Civic (not compared to a Mustang, but to the others in it's class), but disliked the interior and wasn't overly impressed with the drive. I actually prefer the Corolla's drive and interior.

Anyways, my Mustang is still in the shop, on day 3, for them trying to fix the AC, and they just called and said they have every single AC related part on order, so hopefully they will resolve Monday. On business travel next week so now there's no rush.

Have a good one my friend. It's been nice chatting with you. :)

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Not gonna contribute to the pissing match above, but I will say that at around 12k miles, mine went (Was sitting in traffic at the Lincoln tunnel and actually saw white smoke coming out the passenger side of the hood)

Definitely a major PITA with the hot weather and all, but I'll live, just shocked that it happened regardless.

Never a dull day and I won't be one of those naysayers who will consider trading in the car or whatever cause of this, shit happens and overall she's solid, knock on wood

OP
OP

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
at around 12k miles, mine went (Was sitting in traffic at the Lincoln tunnel and actually saw white smoke coming out the passenger side of the hood
Has it been fixed yet or did it just go out? I will be happy when mine is all fixed up. I had a lot of sounds (screeching, whirring, clunking and burning smell) but no smoke that I saw.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Has it been fixed yet or did it just go out? I will be happy when mine is all fixed up. I had a lot of sounds (screeching, whirring, clunking and burning smell) but no smoke that I saw.
Taking her in monday, haven't heard anything, just saw smoke

Also seriously considering a Mishimoto radiator to be safe and for the lolz

OP
OP

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Taking her in monday, haven't heard anything, just saw smoke

Also seriously considering a Mishimoto radiator to be safe and for the lolz
Haha nice!! Let us know what the shop says. My local dealer has been fantastic so far. They literally have every single AC related part on order (since the original compressor replacement didn't resolve) so I'm glad they are being so thorough in making sure it's 100% fixed correctly. They said this was their 1st repair of the AC for the S550 so it's kind of a learning curve for them haha. Fortunately I'm on travel this coming week so now there is no rush. If they need your car more than a day I'm sure they will hook you up with a rental, as that seems to be the norm.

I haven't done anything to my mustang yet in regards to upgrades, but for some reason the one cosmetic upgrade I really really like is this:

http://www.cervinis.com/2015mustang-lower-side-scoops.html

I know it's just a v6 though and I don't want to come off as someone who just makes it "look" fast lol. Although to be honest I've been very happy with the power. My last Mustangs were 95 (modified) & 02 GT's and this one definitely seems faster than both.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Haha nice!! Let us know what the shop says. My local dealer has been fantastic so far. They literally have every single AC related part on order (since the original compressor replacement didn't resolve) so I'm glad they are being so thorough in making sure it's 100% fixed correctly. They said this was their 1st repair of the AC for the S550 so it's kind of a learning curve for them haha. Fortunately I'm on travel this coming week so now there is no rush. If they need your car more than a day I'm sure they will hook you up with a rental, as that seems to be the norm.

I haven't done anything to my mustang yet in regards to upgrades, but for some reason the one cosmetic upgrade I really really like is this:

http://www.cervinis.com/2015mustang-lower-side-scoops.html

I know it's just a v6 though and I don't want to come off as someone who just makes it "look" fast lol. Although to be honest I've been very happy with the power. My last Mustangs were 95 (modified) & 02 GT's and this one definitely seems faster than both.
Nothing wrong with a V6, woulda got one if they had a premium package with pp as well

Kratos_S550 (think I got his name right) has a Cervinis hood and it looks Pimptastic, definitely should look into that!

Glad to hear your experience is going well. Curious, Air still works but it blows out whatever the temp is outside, is that the refrigerant or the compressor actually?

OP
OP

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Picked my car up tonight! AC works great. They replaced pretty much everything AC related. Compressor, Evap Core, Condenser, Drier, and Low Side Line. Huge parts list break out that they gave me haha. They said the defective replacement caused metal shards or something to go throughout the system thus everything had to be replaced as it was contaminated.

Somehow while they had it (for 10 days), the deflectors had the screws ripped out on both sides, and as a result it damaged the ground effect on one side, so the dealership is going to order a new one and fix. $400 part. They did a temp fix for now. They think either it got damaged on the lift or while one of the guys was driving it on the lot (he mentioned a speed bump as a possibility). Glad to have it back and glad they immediately offered to replace/fix their damage. Had the dealer body shop also fix/replace my bumper/valance/under support and the paint looks good.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When compressor fails sending metal into the system most Evap and condensers are not cleanable. Drier is automatic replace since system was open then why for replacing low side hose who knows for sure.

Stork42

Mustang Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Compressor just pooped out at 33,000. Good timing with the warranty. It would be a record hot week here in Virginia this week. So it goes haha.
Looking forward to seeing the parts list after repairs are done. I'm guessing the clutch mechanism just quit but I've read a few people have had compressors go too. We will see.
Sponsored