Sponsored

About to pull the trigger

PD66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red Ecoboost
PD66, I will give OMC a call tomorrow to get some more info.
If you do ring them ask for Paul Griffiths who I have been dealing with - good guy.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've had an email from Karen at Ford saying they have a cancelled order. She's given me the details below, anyone know what the codes mean? I'd like to check the details if possible to see what expected delivery would be, whether it has sync 3 etc.

thanks
Hello dansaleh,

My name is Deysha, from Ford Service. I sent you a PM with some info.

Depends how long it sits at the docks for, but once it sails you're roughly two weeks Atlantic crossing, two to three weeks in Belgium then a day to Southampton. Then it depends on how quickly it gets from southampton to your dealer. Bank on between 5 and 7 weeks from leaving Baltimore to dealer.
You could PM FordService on here for info on when the car will sail but whether they'll tell you when its not yet your car I don't know...
Thank you for the mention, SteveS. I do have limited info, but the Britain Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 0845-841-1111 may also help as well.

Deysha

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Thanks guys and thanks a lot Deysha for your message.

On the window sticker it says that it has sync3, although i also noticed it says the standard spec may be wrong for export cars. Any way to check this? I've emailed Karen but no reply.

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT

On the window sticker it says that it has sync3, although i also noticed it says the standard spec may be wrong for export cars. Any way to check this? I've emailed Karen but no reply.
Looking at window sticker (using the VIN SteveyB said) the car was built on 20/10/2015, so:

1 - where has it been for the last year or so?!?
2 - Definitely wont have Sync 3 and will be a MY16. All window stickers have always said Sync 3 i believe

Sponsored

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
Looking at window sticker (using the VIN SteveyB said) the car was built on 20/10/2015, so:

1 - where has it been for the last year or so?!?
2 - Definitely wont have Sync 3 and will be a MY16. All window stickers have always said Sync 3 i believe
100% correct

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
I've just managed to speak with them and apparently this car was a total write off in the factory. What a waste!

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT
lucky escape... knew something wasn't right with it!

feel sorry for the person they will no doubt sell this to none the wiser!

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I've just managed to speak with them and apparently this car was a total write off in the factory. What a waste!
You’re welcome, dansaleh! I’m here if you need me.

Deysha

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Beware of cancelled orders.

They may be legitimate due to change in circumstances of the person who placed the order only to discover 6 months later they have been made redundant, need to do big busines miles, got a kid on the way etc.

However they may be because the original order had something wrong with it which resulted in it being rejected. There are a few crashed or damaged cars floating about that are cancelled orders.
Potential buyers of 1FA6P8CF6H5207114 would be advised to closely inspect the drivers side door and front wing for signs of repair / respray.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nostruss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT Race Red Fastback, A4 B7
Thanks guys.

I have driven both and really can't decide which I prefer.
Think I'd rather have a manual but can't seem to find one in a decent colour etc.

Any suggestions for stripe colour on metallic grey?
Stripes can be added afterwards. I think black looks best on grey - personal choice though - I have white stripes on red - put on after by a local sign company.

If you prefer driving auto and it's going to be a daily driver, I'd get the auto. I have the auto as I'm a lazy driver and can't be bothered in traffic. In sport mode the flappy paddles are responsive enough for me. If you're a keen driver, get the manual - more control (and effort). Great choice of car though :clap2::D:D

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Thanks for all the help and advice guys.

I've done it and my GT will be delivered at the start of December!

I've been reading a bit about the tax changes for next year, but does anyone know how this will effect me with my new, super thirsty and polluting machine?

Roll on December!

Nostruss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT Race Red Fastback, A4 B7
Congratulations! Not too long to wait :) Re road tax. The new VED rules come into force for cars registered after 1st March 2017. Form that date, the road tax is ÂŁ140 on all new cars registered after 1st March 2017 regardless of emissions. For cars registered before then its around ÂŁ550 a year. So basically it's be ÂŁ300 a year cheaper in road tax if you wait...There is also a bigger initial payment due on the new car based on emissions from March 2017. If you can hold off registering the car for a few months, you'll be a bit better off and I would expect that residuals will be a little stronger because of the reduced running costs. The longer you keep the car, the more you'd benefit by delaying registration. More info available here http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14308658.All_you_need_to_know_about_the_changes_to_car_tax_rates/ Easier said than done - it would be hard to leave a car sitting at the dealers for two months though.... I wouldn't have been able to do it....

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Completely agree apart from date, I thought it was after 1st April?