Sponsored

About to pull the trigger

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Matt black looks good on metallic grey (magnetic). Maybe with a red a or white pinstripe down the outside edges too.

Again though, this is down to personal preference.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
I was thinking black with white pinstripe.
I'm guessing I could get a wrapping company to do that for me pretty easily.

Any other mods you guys tend to consider "essential"?

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Any other mods you guys tend to consider "essential"?
Exhaust, suspension, spacers (careful on choice), oil/air filter separator, strut brace, boot and cabin mats, LED DRL's, internal LED's, short shifter, Stanginator, Super Snake Stripe, MPSS tyres, bonnet struts, Diode Dynamic's side markers.

All in, about £3-4K

:lol:

Then there's engine and coil covers, splash guards, re-maps/tunes, Whipple Super Charger, deep pockets.

That should just about cover it :thumbsup:

Edit: about £2k worth of cleaning/polishing/waxing products, not excluding snow foam lance and pressure washer :)

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Thanks guys.

I have driven both and really can't decide which I prefer.
Think I'd rather have a manual but can't seem to find one in a decent colour etc.

Any suggestions for stripe colour on metallic grey?
With these cars its all about the personal choice. The most important thing other than the engine is going to be the colour. If you can't find one you like then either order one or wait until you do. Don't rush into buying one in a colour you don't want.

There are only 3 options and really most cars will have all of them. Anyone who ordered custom pack gets them all included and people who went for the black wheels and trim tended to add the 3 options anyway.

The heated and cooled seats are nice to have. The cooling in the seat is a little crap really but it does enough on a hot day to make a difference.

The Nav is ok and if you want an integrated system then it makes sense. The added subwoofer isn't much to write home about however and I did read somewhere that the speakers in all export cars are the same whether you spec the upgrade or not.

The reversing sensors are an added bonus to the camera. Some can get away with camera only but I like the added side protection and audible alert from the sensors.

When choosing a car make your list of must haves. The mods after can come later and everyone here can help even if most people won't agree on the best ones :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
I've had an email from Karen at Ford saying they have a cancelled order. She's given me the details below, anyone know what the codes mean? I'd like to check the details if possible to see what expected delivery would be, whether it has sync 3 etc.

L3722
CF1G5238950
FASTBACK
MAGNETIC

thanks

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
From that VIN it's a GT fastback but MY 2016 so it doesn't have sync3 which only came in for the MY2017 with a letter H before the 5. Can't tell if its manual or automatic though.

Last edited:

PD66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red Ecoboost
There was a black GT at OMC Ford Oldham that was a cancelled order when I was there last week sorting paperwork for mine......pickup day tomorrow!

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
Thanks SteveyB. I know its an auto from the email she sent. Apparently its currently sat in US docks, so not too sure what that means for an approx delivery time.
I'm sure I was told about a Ford website where you could input the VIN for an update on progress, but not sure what its called. Also...wouldnt a VIN be 17 characters?

PD66, I will give OMC a call tomorrow to get some more info.

As I expected.....this forum is overwhelmingly helpful! Cheers gents

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Don't be put off the auto if that is your preference,I was originally put off purely due to the fact that everyone else on the forums appeared to be buying manuals .
I changed my mind and bought the auto and in my opinion it is so suited to a big heavy car.It changes gear faster than my 996t did and I rarely drive it without the paddles anyway which gives me more than enough 'at one-ness' with the car.
Up to silly speeds it is at least as quick as the manual,and slightly more frugal on fuel.Auto sales have supposedly approached 50 percent apparently,so someone must be buying them.

My ever so 'umble' opinion of course,and others may just possibly disagree:D;)
Not only that, but if you end up going proper power (FI) the auto is itself bulletproof and less likely to break.

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks SteveyB. I know its an auto from the email she sent. Apparently its currently sat in US docks, so not too sure what that means for an approx delivery time.
I'm sure I was told about a Ford website where you could input the VIN for an update on progress, but not sure what its called. Also...wouldnt a VIN be 17 characters?

PD66, I will give OMC a call tomorrow to get some more info.

As I expected.....this forum is overwhelmingly helpful! Cheers gents
What you have is an incomplete VIN but enough to decipher. See sticky thread on detailed order process, first post and VIN decoder and it will make sense. Read further in the thread and you will find links to other sites where the full VIN can be used to track location and shipping.

OP
OP

dansaleh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT - Magnetic
I'm guessing theres no way to track using an incomplete VIN?

From your experience how long does it take the car to land after its at US docks?

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

From your experience how long does it take the car to land after its at US docks?
As I said it's easy from that post to decipher your full VIN, it's as follows. 1fa6p8cf1g5238950.
I've already put it into Fords window sticker site, you'll find it in the above thread, it's the researchmaniac one. Looks like your car has ceramic leather and some options but not full custom pack. Have a read and play about. Then put the VIN into the cargo id field one the wilhelmson shipping site, also linked and you will get a hit when it's assigned a ship.
Happy surfing

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Depends how long it sits at the docks for, but once it sails you're roughly two weeks Atlantic crossing, two to three weeks in Belgium then a day to Southampton. Then it depends on how quickly it gets from southampton to your dealer. Bank on between 5 and 7 weeks from leaving Baltimore to dealer.
You could PM FordService on here for info on when the car will sail but whether they'll tell you when its not yet your car I don't know...
Sponsored