Sponsored

About to join the Shelby herd but have some ?

OP
OP
Threebanger

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is it wrong to say this car makes my butt wet?
Sponsored

Huck FInn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2nd Engine
Hey, all y'all, I'm back. Goth the GT350 back two days ago with a new engine. Half of what shook me was the engine puking, the other half was that it puked in a parking lot where the next Minneapolis riot was trying to form up. The long block cost was $27,363 and with labor the total was just under $30K. Imagine the poor schlub who does something stupid and blows the engine 2 miles after the warranty expires! My dealer was wonderful, letting me walk out into the shop anytime I wanted to poke around the failed engine. Got the car back without a nick, scratch, or even a fingerprint on it. I pulled down all the Internet 'for sale' listings and am excited that tomorrow, I'm going to be "On The Road Again" - got an 864 mile trip into central North Dakota. I had a 552 mile trip scheduled yesterday into southern Iowa but some family member of the guy I was going to see up and died so that trip got postponed 'til late in the week. Yesterday I did something I had pondered for weeks - painted the main grills in the rear valance. I felt that there was so much beautiful design detail on the bottom of the back that couldn't be seen because it was one big black hole. While the car was in the shop I had them take the Borla ATAK cat-back off and replace it with the OEM. A cold start with the Borla is an impressive event! But, it scares the hell out of the dogs, and my wife jumped a time or two when she was working in her garden in front of the house. She refused to drive it with the Borla 'cause she's no longer 16, but I still am. The problem with the Borla is that the 'Normal' and 'Sport' settings are about the same, both quite loud. And, while the OEM is reasonably quiet in either setting at 70-75 MPH, there is an unpleasant low growl with the Borla. But, it is quite wonderful from about 3,500 up.
DSCN2440.JPG

OP
OP
Threebanger

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
WB! That Really does make the rear pop!

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I like. Haven’t seen that before.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, all y'all, I'm back. Goth the GT350 back two days ago with a new engine. Half of what shook me was the engine puking, the other half was that it puked in a parking lot where the next Minneapolis riot was trying to form up. The long block cost was $27,363 and with labor the total was just under $30K. Imagine the poor schlub who does something stupid and blows the engine 2 miles after the warranty expires! My dealer was wonderful, letting me walk out into the shop anytime I wanted to poke around the failed engine. Got the car back without a nick, scratch, or even a fingerprint on it. I pulled down all the Internet 'for sale' listings and am excited that tomorrow, I'm going to be "On The Road Again" - got an 864 mile trip into central North Dakota. I had a 552 mile trip scheduled yesterday into southern Iowa but some family member of the guy I was going to see up and died so that trip got postponed 'til late in the week. Yesterday I did something I had pondered for weeks - painted the main grills in the rear valance. I felt that there was so much beautiful design detail on the bottom of the back that couldn't be seen because it was one big black hole. While the car was in the shop I had them take the Borla ATAK cat-back off and replace it with the OEM. A cold start with the Borla is an impressive event! But, it scares the hell out of the dogs, and my wife jumped a time or two when she was working in her garden in front of the house. She refused to drive it with the Borla 'cause she's no longer 16, but I still am. The problem with the Borla is that the 'Normal' and 'Sport' settings are about the same, both quite loud. And, while the OEM is reasonably quiet in either setting at 70-75 MPH, there is an unpleasant low growl with the Borla. But, it is quite wonderful from about 3,500 up.
DSCN2440.JPG
That looks great and it does bring out the grids better instead of hiding it! Good job

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
DSCN2440.JPG
Looks great! Is that just a straight white paint (gloss, satin, matte)? what type of paint did you use?
Sponsored