Sponsored

A question for eco owners only

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I have a 15 eco vert, which I am Extremely happy with, But, I would love to have it sound like it has a little more muscle. I am interested in hearing from eco owners only.
I have been on this forum for a year now, so I have pretty much heard all the disrespect from the 5.0 owners regarding the eco's. Please don't respond to this post. (although I know some will).
I am 62 years old. So I am not interested in trying to fool people into thinking I have a "super muscle car" when I know I don't. I just would like to make it sound a little better.
So. What I would like to know is. What exhaust mod would all of you eco owners recommend? I don't want it to to be extreme. Just a little more aggressive sounding. I also understand that it will Never sound like a 5.0.
I welcome all replies,. it will be most helpful to me.
BTW. I previously owned a Lincoln MarkVIII, with an 8 Cyl, 32 valve Intech engine, that only pushed 290 HP, (compared to the eco stang, that pushes 310 HP,320 Ft. Lbs of tourqe at 3000 RPM.) SO....Possibly, even my eco Stan
g could be considered a Muscle car).
Please... I don't want to be bothered with all you 5.0 Guys giving me any shit. It is old, and it has all been heard before. Please just ignore this post and go bother someone else........
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
You should check out the Magnaflow Competition catback. It's louder than the street series and has a decent burble to it.

The MAPerformance non resonated catback has a smooth deep tone and gets aggressive when you get on it.

A catback, from what I've been reading, on these motors is all sound. There really isn't any power gains to be had (someone correct me if I'm wrong) all the power is in the downpipe. Some owners have changed both the downpipe and the catback and have made some really good gains as well as a nice aggressive tone. Of course it'll never sound like a 5.0 but if all you want is an aggressive sounding turbo four then a catback is right for you. I highly recommend you research different brands first before settling on one, as sound is subjective to other people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Or you could also do a muffler delete. Some guys have taken their cars to an exhaust shop and have them remove the mufflers and weld in a new pipe in place. Some of them sound really awesome. Or you can remove the resonator in the middle and weld a new y pipe in place and you'll have a decent tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Oh Ahh guess you will be able to stand for another EcoBosst Owner Give ya some then ... well ya got a shovel and that all to familiar pitch fork ..
Forget about yer idea of getting a better sound out of a 4 cylinder turboed Mustang ..

Seriously rethink your ideas of accomplishing that all to more powerful exhaust tone of a V8 ..

IMHO the stock tone is just fine .

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Well.. I don't know if it's much help but I'll just offer my opinion of what I would do.

If I wanted to change the exhaust, I would just do muffler deletes with 4'' tips.. to me that seems to be a good way to go in terms of sound and expense.

On the other hand, I'm loving this MMR Intake.. it makes the car sound so mean at WOT and I love the BOV noise. That being said, I don't think that's the effect you're going for.. heh.

Sponsored

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
I did a muffler delete with small glasspack resonators, and tips. Turned out fine, saved me a ton of money, sounds good and isn't insanely loud.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Screw getting an exhaust sound.... Get an aftermarket intake and enjoy that sweet turbo sound :)

sent from my Oneplus One via tapatalk

Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Oh Ahh guess you will be able to stand for another EcoBosst Owner Give ya some then ... well ya got a shovel and that all to familiar pitch fork ..
Forget about yer idea of getting a better sound out of a 4 cylinder turboed Mustang ..

Seriously rethink your ideas of accomplishing that all to more powerful exhaust tone of a V8 ..

IMHO the stock tone is just fine .
Not sure what advice you are trying to give, the 2.3L can sound amazing if you do the proper mods and the stock tone sounds like garbage.

I have a intake, Mag comp series catback and the car sounds 10x better than stock. The stock sound is a joke.

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
that MBRP catback sounds pretty good darn good!

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Ford racing sport catback. The sound is amazing on my current setup. Stock exhaust is really embarrassingly quiet. Ppl who say they can't sound good are either basing it off of crappy videos or they just don't want to spend the money themselves

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Ford racing sport catback. The sound is amazing on my current setup. Stock exhaust is really embarrassingly quiet. Ppl who say they can't sound good are either basing it off of crappy videos or they just don't want to spend the money themselves
Agree 100%

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Yeah the stock exhaust just doesn't do the car justice. Will it sound like a V8, no but that doesn't mean it will sound bad either. i heard the FR Axlebacks at the european meeting and it was nice, but still a bit too mellow, I am doing the MAP catless DP and Resonated catback and will try to get some decent recording equipment to catch the sound.
Sponsored