Sponsored

Updated 3/27/2021 & 5/5/2022 - A look at the 2020 GT500 and exhaust system valves

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'd watch them closely as they cycle.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
That’s what I had feared. Going to double check the connectors and if all looks good, service appointment it is.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You know that in certain drive modes (like reverse) mode selection is not available, right? At least thats the way it is on the GT350

Sponsored

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
You know that in certain drive modes (like reverse) mode selection is not available, right? At least thats the way it is on the GT350
Yes, familiar with that.

What's happening, is it starts up, it's fine I can switch it, start driving, I can switch it, then randomly while driving, the message pops up on the cluster and I can no longer switch it until the car is turned off and restarted.

It's like a Microsoft Exhaust.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Dear GOD that was funny, Jared!!!! I really, REALLY detest that company but I still shoulder on with Windoze. :=)

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Yes, familiar with that.

What's happening, is it starts up, it's fine I can switch it, start driving, I can switch it, then randomly while driving, the message pops up on the cluster and I can no longer switch it until the car is turned off and restarted.

Did you ever get this issue resolved? My car started doing exactly what you described with about 1k miles on it. Id drive it and then after about 30min or so the dreaded message would pop up and if I let the car sit for a few minutes to cool off it would "reset". I didn't want the dealership touching the car so I paid out of pocket for new set of exhaust actuators. They are not cheap! I replaced the actuator that was supposedly bad after hooking up a code reader and now the car will not let you change modes if you use the push-to-start. However if you remote start it the actuators work fine and I can drive however long with no issues unlike before which is what I do not understand! Do these actuators need to be recalibrated once a new one is installed?

Last edited:

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get this issue resolved? My car started doing exactly what you described with about 1k miles on it. Id drive it and then after about 30min or so the dreaded message would pop up and if I let the car sit for a few minutes to cool off it would "reset". I didn't want the dealership touching the car so I paid out of pocket for new set of exhaust actuators. They are not cheap! I replaced the actuator that was supposedly bad after hooking up a code reader and now the car will not let you change modes if you use the push-to-start. However if you remote start it the actuators work fine and I can drive however long with no issues unlike before which is what I do not understand! Do these actuators need to be recalibrated once a new one is installed?
I haven’t driven it much since this experience so it’s hard to say. It started happening on a 2 hour drive. The short drives I have had since it’s worked fine. Haven’t brought it up to the dealer yet but if it continues I will.

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I haven’t driven it much since this experience so it’s hard to say. It started happening on a 2 hour drive. The short drives I have had since it’s worked fine. Haven’t brought it up to the dealer yet but if it continues I will.
I had my exhaust replaced under warranty since they already replaced both actuators which didn’t work and all new wiring which didnt work its still had a few issues even with the new exhaust ford also re flashed the ecu which i think its in the logic in the programming

Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I have mine scheduled to go in next Monday so we will see what it is Ill post an update when I know.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
I have mine scheduled to go in next Monday so we will see what it is Ill post an update when I know.
Got some more drive cycles in, and still experiencing the issue. Car will spend 7-10 days for PPF, tint, ceramic, etc... and then get an appointment at the dealer. Let us know what they say on yours!

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
Hope it's an easy (and available) fix, Jared. But 7-10 days seems like a long time, even for that much being done. Shop must be busy.
They are a very busy shop. Part of the process is going to be remove and re-stripe the vinyl stripes. I tried to cancel them from my order but it was too late after seeing some in person. If I am going to encase them in PPF I want it to be perfect. The PPF is going to be full car and 100% custom cut. No templates. I am happy to have them take their time. They were on an almost 30 day backlog when scheduling my appointment.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
Any update?

I get the message on every drive cycle now. Sometimes it’s on at startup. Going to make an appointment now that I have the car back from PPF and ceramic.
Sponsored