Sponsored

A few questions about my new Roush Stage 1 670 super charger.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Sounds hella good!
Did you remove the battery tray cover and plastic coping that has the lip? You have to remove wiper arms (easy) then put them back after pulling coping.
This made a huge difference for me. The bottle neck to airflow is air getting out.
Pulling coping got me 15-20F when sitting in traffic. I can now run AC and do burnouts in 100 F weather in traffic. Lol.
I removed my battery cover mostly because I got tired of taking it off to hook up my battery tender. (I only drive it on the weekends if it's nice). But wow, I may have to try that coping removal, that sounds like that works pretty well. Thank you.

@DrAnimalSize, I still have the 47lb injectors, but Lund says I'm at the safe top end of the duty cycle for those injectors. If I make any changes, I'm going to have to get bigger injectors. I have the stock phase 1 kit, but with headers, full exhaust and fuel pump booster.
Sponsored

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I removed my battery cover mostly because I got tired of taking it off to hook up my battery tender. (I only drive it on the weekends if it's nice). But wow, I may have to try that coping removal, that sounds like that works pretty well. Thank you.

@DrAnimalSize, I still have the 47lb injectors, but Lund says I'm at the safe top end of the duty cycle for those injectors. If I make any changes, I'm going to have to get bigger injectors. I have the stock phase 1 kit, but with headers, full exhaust and fuel pump booster.
My phase one didn't require a FBP wonder why yours did, are the injectors with the roush kit 47lb, i'm not using headers but if I did jLund said Just swap them over it will be okay.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
My phase one didn't require a FBP wonder why yours did, are the injectors with the roush kit 47lb, i'm not using headers but if I did jLund said Just swap them over it will be okay.
When I got my SC installed, I let the install shop install their own tune. Their tune wasn't bad, but it was a little jittery at lower rpm's. Other than that, it ran . . . . . okay, and I didn't have a fuel pump booster in it at that time. When I contacted Lund to get his tune, he had said to get a fuel pump booster, a "better"? IAT 2 harness and a 170 degree thermostat. Why that is, I don't know. I have no idea how that tuning stuff goes, and I won't pretend to. I did what he said, I did the datalogging, and the car runs very strong, smooth, and cooler.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe how mine runs, so suited to me. I'm not even going to put headers on it as planned, just don't want to change the sound. It's fast enough for me. John did mention that it may need a pump but I said we'll wait and see how the tune turns out. Anyway when we dataloged it never got mentioned, so I guess it must be okay. I decided to forgo on 5he headers and kit out the rear suspension, spoke to Kelly at BMR and he put a bungle together for me.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I can't believe how mine runs, so suited to me. I'm not even going to put headers on it as planned, just don't want to change the sound. It's fast enough for me. John did mention that it may need a pump but I said we'll wait and see how the tune turns out. Anyway when we dataloged it never got mentioned, so I guess it must be okay. I decided to forgo on 5he headers and kit out the rear suspension, spoke to Kelly at BMR and he put a bungle together for me.
Hey man, if it suits you right down to the ground, then that's great. I already had headers before the SC install. And yeah, if he didn't mention to you about getting a fuel pump booster, then I'm sure you're fine. Maybe it's because of the headers? I don't know. I did the suspension stuff also, not a bad idea to firm things up. BMR is well respected on the site.

Sponsored

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Be ready to buy new (wider) tires. Those P zero neros will not even come close to sticking.
I'm running the Phase 1 and 3inch exhaust. 255s on the front and 305s on the back.
Much better.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Be ready to buy new (wider) tires. Those P zero neros will not even come close to sticking.
I'm running the Phase 1 and 3inch exhaust. 255s on the front and 305s on the back.
Much better.
what tires? i have NT05(non R) and they seem like they dont grip well enough

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
what tires? i have NT05(non R) and they seem like they dont grip well enough
Hey Angry50, do you have the Roush tune?