A/C Issues.

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I recently been having issues with my A/C.

It started with the A/C only blowing warm air out of all the vents after the car was warmed up. In the mornings i would be able to run the a/c for a little bit (but then i would turn it off and just drive with the windows down).

A few days later i would no longer be able to get cold air and now when turning on the a/c while the car is in neutral the compressor will start clicking every 10 seconds along with the idles surging from 800 to 500 then back to 800 at the same time the compressor clicks. Also i don't know if this would relate but when driving my car spiritually the cylinder temps reached about 114-120 but the a grinding noise started to occur when i slowed down around 20-15 MPH. I assumed it was the A/C compressor and Clutch because before this happened i noticed that the pulley that the belt sat on for the compressor wasn't spinning but after i slowed down to a complete stop the grinding noise stop. It didn't come back but i haven't tired to recreate the issue due to fear of damaging any other components but i did notice after the grinding noise was over the pully that was connected to the compressor was now spinning.

I've spent hours attempting to figure out what the issue is but i cannot come out with a solid conclusion other than the A/C compressor has failed. I haven't filled or recharged the refrigerant because at the time and atm i would rather save $50.00 and put it towards a compressor (which i ordered with a clutch) but now thinking about it. I probably should attempt to recharge the refrigerant to help diagnose the issue i am currently just short on money.

My question is... what are the chances it is my compressor and my under educated guess is right. Also i am afraid with all these EVAP posts that it could be related to that but seeing some other posts i cannot be sure.

What else could it be?? if not the compressor w/ a compressor leak?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

All of the above as you mentioned. Could be low on refrigerant, bad compressor clutch, bad compressor, evaporator leak possibly.
Its always best to check that its charged before replacing parts though. Good luck.

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
All of the above as you mentioned. Could be low on refrigerant, bad compressor clutch, bad compressor, evaporator leak possibly.
Its always best to check that its charged before replacing parts though. Good luck.
Can I purchase just a charge system to check the pressure ? Also within this process if I over charge it would it create more issues ?

Deleted member 35786

Can I purchase just a charge system to check the pressure ? Also within this process if I over charge it would it create more issues ?
Find a shop or friend that has the proper gauges to check pressure. Most places have a fee for around $100 to check it, even the dealership might be reasonably priced. Also have the tech show you that its low, do not just take there word for it. I would suggest not to throw parts at it until you know what is going on.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I read if A/C blows warm air on older S550s, it's probably the super common evaporator failure defect. Look for a sticky on one of the forums with a million pages. Not sure if your 2015 would still be covered under warranty, but at least look for that thread to know what you're dealing with as far as repairs. Good luck.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
My 2012 had a schrader valve go bad and all my refrigerant leaked out overnight.
Sponsored