A/C Compressor Repair Question

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Thinking i might need to replace my A/C Compressor. Before i purchased the Compressor it self, i was wondering what other parts i might need or should replace while i am doing this work?
Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The receiver drier should always be replaced with the compressor. Other than that you should be good, just need to take it to an A/C shop to evacuate the system and then when you're done, pull vacuum on the system and refill.

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
The receiver drier should always be replaced with the compressor. Other than that you should be good, just need to take it to an A/C shop to evacuate the system and then when you're done, pull vacuum on the system and refill.
Do a/c compressor kits usually come with this part?

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Because they contain a filter and desiccant, and any time the system is opened there's a chance for the desiccant to absorb enough moisture that it's no longer effective. They're inexpensive, consumable items.

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Because they contain a filter and desiccant, and any time the system is opened there's a chance for the desiccant to absorb enough moisture that it's no longer effective. They're inexpensive, consumable items.
Is the actual replacement a pretty easy job ? Besides refilling and emptying the fluid.
Sponsored