Sponsored

91 Octane vs 93?

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
:cheers:
If you want to be lazy and not even try to find the answer go ahead and make a new thread. If you try and fail that's a completely different story. I'm not the only one that finds it annoying, I'm just the one that said something this time.

And I would absolutely make people use the search function if I was a moderator on this board. :tsk:
only then you would be posting complaints about why do people keep bringing up old threads. Life is just rough huh? Hope tomorrow is a better one

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Higher octane doesn’t necessarily mean more power. It will, however, give you a larger margin of error against detonation. Only you can be the judge as to what’s best for you, but if you choose to run the cheap stuff keep a keen ear out for the nasty clacking sound—detonation.
You must know more than all the companies including the one who designed and built the car, silly me....I am out, you win.:doh:

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
The gas quality in Oklahoma is very poor worse than Texas' 91. You will loose about 2 degrees of timing from what I have seen and can cost close to 20 hp.

Hope this helps.

Brad
unless you buy that overpriced 93 octane in nichols hill seems like its the only place to sell it.... no thanks lol :tsk:

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
hi have a manual eco boost 2015 mustang. live in west texas near the border and only see 91 octane premium fuel. was wondering have much power and torque I lose will running 91
but it in all honesty use the search tool, you dont want to be known as the forrest gump of the forum right?
Sponsored