83 reviews without one V6!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I am firmly in the V6 camp. I just ordered my 15 V6 051A pkg A/T with spoiler delete in Magnetic Grey Metallic. Much of the reason is cost. I can't afford the Eco Premium and to get an Eco base when the V6 sounds better, runs at full HP with 87 pump gas and basically has all the same features of the Eco ( except the power passenger seat I believe) and well it's a no brainer. I don't have to deal with the complexity of turbos either and getting less HP because I cant afford 97 octane fuel on a regular basis.
I don't criticize anyone for getting a Eco or a GT, if you can afford it by all means get one. This combo just works best for me and my situation. I love the look.. I love the sound.. And it's inexpensive where I can make the car the way I want it as my wallet allows. I plan on getting a grill with the Tribar on the side (when available) a CDC spoiler, red leather interior from Katzskin with heat, upgrade the stock speakers and add a sub to the stereo, black twin stripes over the top of the car and that's really about it. If I go nuts I could swap some stuff from a wrecked EB premium should I get the opportunity but it's not something I need to do. I can't wait for my car. 300 HP, 280ft lbs of torque which is far more than my 89 LX 5.0 had even with the headers, mufflers that I had . Will I miss the V8 sound? Yes.. But after hearing the way this V6 sounds.. Well it's love all over again. Plus almost 30mpg hwy to boot!!

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I am firmly in the V6 camp. I just ordered my 15 V6 051A pkg A/T with spoiler delete in Magnetic Grey Metallic. Much of the reason is cost. I can't afford the Eco Premium and to get an Eco base when the V6 sounds better, runs at full HP with 87 pump gas and basically has all the same features of the Eco ( except the power passenger seat I believe) and well it's a no brainer. I don't have to deal with the complexity of turbos either and getting less HP because I cant afford 97 octane fuel on a regular basis.
I don't criticize anyone for getting a Eco or a GT, if you can afford it by all means get one. This combo just works best for me and my situation. I love the look.. I love the sound.. And it's inexpensive where I can make the car the way I want it as my wallet allows. I plan on getting a grill with the Tribar on the side (when available) a CDC spoiler, red leather interior from Katzskin with heat, upgrade the stock speakers and add a sub to the stereo, black twin stripes over the top of the car and that's really about it. If I go nuts I could swap some stuff from a wrecked EB premium should I get the opportunity but it's not something I need to do. I can't wait for my car. 300 HP, 280ft lbs of torque which is far more than my 89 LX 5.0 had even with the headers, mufflers that I had . Will I miss the V8 sound? Yes.. But after hearing the way this V6 sounds.. Well it's love all over again. Plus almost 30mpg hwy to boot!!
Nice man you're not gonna regret it. The difference in power vs the ecoboost isn't noticeable at all, at least from my experience. Stock 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are neck and neck. The ecoboost will pull a little bit better under 2.5k rpm but it completely falls off after 5.5k rpm. With the v6 you have power all the way up to the redline. In my honest opinion if you're getting a base model the v6 is definitely the way to go.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I am firmly in the V6 camp. I just ordered my 15 V6 051A pkg A/T with spoiler delete in Magnetic Grey Metallic.
Welcome to the club :clap2: Been driving mine daily since December 3rd. LOVE IT. I leave for work early so I can drive it and I leave for home early so I can drive it... Enjoy, I know I am.