Sponsored

70 Grand?!!!!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Not getting involved in this.
just want people to be aware that the amount of bullshit he's telling you is insane and they're risking a 15k new engine by letting them tune them either way not my car or my engine so if you guys want to risk it then go right ahead but if it goes pop its all on you you were warned.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
that's MAP's "demo" car......
Erm what the fuck, why's it smoking that much?!

Sucking oil in the intake... from a dyno pull? Surely that engines messed up if it's passing oil into the intake on a dyno pull....

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Erm what the fuck, why's it smoking that much?!

Sucking oil in the intake... from a dyno pull? Surely that engines messed up if it's passing oil into the intake on a dyno pull....
you get blow by from the head breather's via the vacum lines under high boost but you normally vent to atmosphere or via vented catch can to allow pressure to clear if you're getting blow by then you're not venting enough and still on a closed breather (or its valve lift high boost no new valve springs)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
you get blow by from the head breather's via the vacum lines under high boost but you normally vent to atmosphere or via vented catch can to allow pressure to clear if you're getting blow by then you're not venting enough and still on a closed breather (or its valve lift high boost no new valve springs)
No no, you mistake me, i get how the engine works, what i'm saying is >Having that much< is very fucking bad!

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Excuse my ignorance, but was the smoke only coming from one side of the exhaust (offside) so most likely only from one bank of the engine?

Would it not be smoking evenly out from both sides if it was sucking unvented breather in through the inlet which is joint across both banks ?

Sponsored

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Shadow Edition S550
Wow a lot of opinions going on in here...

I've been playing with cars since I passed my test built a lot never mapped any so always spent a lot of time choosing the right tuner(been pretty good at it) and you do learn and pick things up and repair who knows their shit and who don't!

Not sure how someone has "seen" the MAP tunes as generally stuff like that is pretty close kept in my experience

I spent a good bit of time researching UK tuners for Mustangs before I ventured into playing with my car and MAP for me ticked all the boxes(expect the 3+ hour drive ) and especially after spending some time talking to Ben and sorry Ben more importantly Denton!

I've had my car since June 18 new MAP have done the tuning of every variation the car has been through from a intake and cat back to the flame spitter it is now!

Unlike some of the tuned Mustangs out there mine doesn't sit in the garage 300+ days a year it's used every day covering a lot of miles I have just booked in for my 40k service and the car has been MAP tuned for over 35k of those miles without issue or concern and my car has been a development car for them being 1 of the 1st on the 18 manifold(if not1st) and I'm pretty sure the only 1 now running IMRC's the car is better on fuel than Standard (when driven normally) and pulls hard anyone who has been in the car will tell you how fun it is to drive.

Im not a keyboard warrior so you won't drag me into a my tuner is better than yours argument the above is my experience and opinion I won't take my Mustang anywhere other than MAP and I am planning the next version of the engine

I am NA and will always remain that way 800+hp Street car would deffo see me in trouble

Car is making a 460hp at the hubs (for now)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
fortunately not opinion just more knowledge that's all.

OP
OP
Adam83

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Wow a lot of opinions going on in here...

I've been playing with cars since I passed my test built a lot never mapped any so always spent a lot of time choosing the right tuner(been pretty good at it) and you do learn and pick things up and repair who knows their shit and who don't!

Not sure how someone has "seen" the MAP tunes as generally stuff like that is pretty close kept in my experience

I spent a good bit of time researching UK tuners for Mustangs before I ventured into playing with my car and MAP for me ticked all the boxes(expect the 3+ hour drive ) and especially after spending some time talking to Ben and sorry Ben more importantly Denton!

I've had my car since June 18 new MAP have done the tuning of every variation the car has been through from a intake and cat back to the flame spitter it is now!

Unlike some of the tuned Mustangs out there mine doesn't sit in the garage 300+ days a year it's used every day covering a lot of miles I have just booked in for my 40k service and the car has been MAP tuned for over 35k of those miles without issue or concern and my car has been a development car for them being 1 of the 1st on the 18 manifold(if not1st) and I'm pretty sure the only 1 now running IMRC's the car is better on fuel than Standard (when driven normally) and pulls hard anyone who has been in the car will tell you how fun it is to drive.

Im not a keyboard warrior so you won't drag me into a my tuner is better than yours argument the above is my experience and opinion I won't take my Mustang anywhere other than MAP and I am planning the next version of the engine

I am NA and will always remain that way 800+hp Street car would deffo see me in trouble

Car is making a 460hp at the hubs (for now)
Just out of interest how much has it cost you to get to 460bhp?

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Well I get good discount on parts from a mate and MAP have been good to me with some used parts from their old car. Bit mods wise the list is

Long Tube Headers I have kooks
Cat back I have borla s type
CAI I have a Steeda 1
2018 inlet I ran lockouts but now have the vmp loom conversion both cost about it he same
Then a tune

So price those parts up and away you go!

The car has been through a few variations so it's what you wanna spend

The CAI and cat back with a tune is a good price and sees you with 400hp at the wheels from memory

Long tubes change the car lol so if you don't wanna upset the neighbors stay away from them

I also have jlt catch can system

OP
OP
Adam83

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Well I get good discount on parts from a mate and MAP have been good to me with some used parts from their old car. Bit mods wise the list is

Long Tube Headers I have kooks
Cat back I have borla s type
CAI I have a Steeda 1
2018 inlet I ran lockouts but now have the vmp loom conversion both cost about it he same
Then a tune

So price those parts up and away you go!

The car has been through a few variations so it's what you wanna spend

The CAI and cat back with a tune is a good price and sees you with 400hp at the wheels from memory

Long tubes change the car lol so if you don't wanna upset the neighbors stay away from them

I also have jlt catch can system
Christ that’s like £5500 in parts alone at retail prices, Bet it’s fun though :thumbsup:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Christ that’s like £5500 in parts alone at retail prices, Bet it’s fun though :thumbsup:
Does JWRs kit not provide similar gains for a bit less?

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
I have no idea what the retail would be

It is great fun it's really the power the car needs

I'm sure there are cheaper ways of doing it but I've learnt a long time ago cheap isn't the way to go so I only use Quality brands when you see the kooks headers and the hardware they come with you can see where your money is

NA tuning is generally less bang for your buck but also to do a proper supercharger build its crazy money cause it isn't just bolting a blower on and off you go lot of supporting mods I wouldn't want 700-800hp on standard brakes for instance I know people do but I wouldn't

While I have a lot of chassis suspension mods I have done those over time where as they would be needed for a supercharged car straight away etc. Again I know people dont

Budget and desire is kinda how I build things my car is my daily company car so I can't go too extreme with it but I buy quality when I do

I have motorcycles some are no expense spared others are slung together with chewing gum and cable ties

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford did have this as Power Pack 3 in the US but it never really appeared over here, so I bought all the parts separately. Your entire exhaust system from headers to tail pipes and your tune will all be the ground work for higher power later on. The CAI, IM and TB will all get replaced again if you later decided on a supercharger. For me I'd like the peace of mind of upgrading things like wheels, tyres, brakes, clutch, drive shaft, half shafts etc before I went supercharged and that'll be even more money.

OP
OP
Adam83

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Are we seriously saying the 6 pot enormous Brembo Brakes are not good enough?

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Are we seriously saying the 6 pot enormous Brembo Brakes are not good enough?
Not for 800hp+ no

I wanna got GT350r for brake upgrade for mine
Sponsored