Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My car is procharged with canned tune, and I normally drive in D when cruising but do sport+ or track mode when driving spirited or on the track.

When I was running Fontanna I noticed I had trouble going past 150 mph on the roval, like I lose power when shifting into 5th. Now upon further inspection, my car skips 5th gear completely.

Is this a transmission issue or a tuning issue? Or something else?

In this video I hit redline in 4 and upshift using paddles, then after the rpm drops twice on it's own (still shows 5th gear), I shift up to 6th and the rpm remains unchanged.

Sponsored

Grhumpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT - Impact Blue -
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I've got the same issue with my 2015 GT, I only have bolt on mods on it. I just wonder if a oil change of the gearbox cuold change anything, it's a bit frustrating when the shift command engage the 6 this way, I have exactly the same two steps shifting.
What I do is I relief the acceleration pedal when passing next gear just enough time to let the fifth gear to engage.

Have you noticed when driving slowly, sometime the rev increase between 4th and 5th like it's slipping somewhere and then you feel a bump when the 5th is engaged ?!

cheers,
Jerome

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My 6r80 is being built right now with stage2 Exedy clutches and a billet input shaft and brand new planetary gear. It will hold 1000 hp when it's done, I'm at 750 whp now. Your trans issue is not a tuning issue, your stock trans can only take so much abuse before it starts showing signs of needing a rebuild. my 3-4 shift was slipping during normal driving and even worse at wot...

Grhumpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So what do you recommend ? Do I need to make a gearbox fluid exchange ... The weird thing is that it only happens between 4 & 5 gears, all the other gears shift correctly (I mean during red line shifting in WOT).

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If your car is boosted you need to upgrade your 6r80 with an exedy stage2 clutch and intermediate shaft to solve your problem. There is no band aide to fix your issue. It only gets worse from where your at now..

Sponsored

Grhumpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've only have bolt on mods (CAI, GT350 TB & IM, LTH and decat) intend to add custom intake cams next year ... so no that much power on the AT 6R80 I'm probably around 480HP only.

But I'm interested in upgrade my 6R80 if it solves this issue !
Where did you buy your parts from ?

Thanks for the help ;-)

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I took my car to my tuner and told him to order those parts. They have a transmission shop they use that builds performance transmissions. He got the Exedy stage 2 kit from Beefcake Racing. He got the new planetary gears from a ford dealership..

Grhumpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the advice !

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
thanks for the advice !
Hi! Any update on your skip shift issues? I am also AED tuned and experience the same thing especially when the trans temps are running hot on the road course. At WOT, it skips from 3rd to 5th.

Grhumpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I have this issue before AED tune, when I shift in WOT it happens that a gear was like missing, most of the time it happens from 4 to 6 (and skip the 5) but once or twice it happens from 3 to 5 (skip 4) when in WOT.
When I release the accelerator when shifting it doesn't happened ...
That's all I can say for now.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tune. It's a problem with the OSS tables
Sponsored