Sponsored

6r80 on the track

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
Is the automatic any good on the road course? I've never driven one so I'm not aware of the paddles responsiveness.
Sponsored

GuardDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gaurd GTPP
Matt Farah from the smoking tire hated it... but mines manual so I have no first hand experience. My wifes gti dsg would not hold a gear but went left in sport it did alright. Really though get out there and try it. Any track time is better than none. FAST autox is in your area if you wanna try that first.

OP
OP
15gtRob

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I have track time in multiple cars just none of them were automatic. Did hpde in my C6 Grand Sport was awesome done multiple FAST Auto X in the mustang. I donā€™t dare take mistanf to hpde it doesnā€™t handle well enough after being supercharged. Itā€™s too much power for stock suspension. The car teeter totterā€˜s in high speed sweepers I have bmr springs but the PP shocks are not valves correctly for the power the car is making.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I'd imagine the new A10 would be an improvement...hopefully!

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Shift with the paddles and you will be fine. And get an aftermarket cooler. Iā€™ve run 10+ track days with my 6A and had a blast.

Sponsored

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Matt Farah from the smoking tire hated it... but mines manual so I have no first hand experience. My wifes gti dsg would not hold a gear but went left in sport it did alright. Really though get out there and try it. Any track time is better than none. FAST autox is in your area if you wanna try that first.
Matt Farrah hates anything that is not a fully prepped race car.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I do. 2015 6R80 Premium GT.

When I first tracked this car I left it in Sport+ and let the transmission shift. Then once I got used to the characteristics of the car, I started using the paddles. On the street they are fun. On the track, where stuff is occurring much faster, they are a bit slow to respond. You have to plan your entries and exits as far as the shifts go. Hit the paddle slightly earlier so it all times up together for where you are approaching/exiting.

The transmission will get pretty warm so add that to temps to watch as you're having fun. I will invest in a bigger cooler this year:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/c-r-...-cooler-1517-gt-w-automatic-transmission.html

or

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-6r80-automatic-transmission-cooler-1517-gt-ecoboost-v6.html

And perhaps a deep pan:

https://lmr.com/item/PAI-68402/2011-12-Mustang-6R80E-Deep-Aluminum-Transmission-Pan-Kit

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
In a convertible no less! Awesome.

What roll bar did you go with?

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
In a convertible no less! Awesome.

What roll bar did you go with?

No roll bar. I realize that a roll bar would be best practice, but I only track the car a couple times of year (on a short, relatively low speed course) so that's not going to happen. I have looked into it but I decided against it as it would mean the light bar would have to come out and the roll bar isn't really all that attractive.
Sponsored

Last edited: