Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
How much were you paying for insurance on the Mustang if you don't mind me asking?

I'm pretty sure Toronto, ON has the highest insurance rates all across North America, so I'm curious what you're paying compared to what I pay.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sounds like someone should have setup a MyKey, with speed limit set to 80 mph. And if that's not enough, load an engine tune with the RPM limit set to 4000. Make the Mustang drive like the 2.5L Altima. It's better to look good than to feel good. :thumbsup:

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Originally I was supposed to pay $700 a month, but my the agency did something that would lower it substantially, but from what I've been told, The way they did it, I wouldn't be covered in a car accident, Which is dumb.
ah, I see - you would only have one-way insurance.

$300-400/mo can be the going rate for insurance here, but yes, $700/mo is quite high.

Sponsored

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Not sure how old you are.. but I see that you do go to the sideshow events on Crenshaw. I sincerely, hope you didn't bring your Mustang.

The crows that attends, participates in these illegal gatherings is usually up to no good. Illegal street racing, doing donuts on public intersection is childish and irresponsible.

I don't want to be that guy.. But there is a REASON why your insurance is that high.

Have fun with the Altima, I'm sure you'll love not being eyeballed from the cops with a lower insurance rate.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
too much traffic in your area for a manual transmission ? If I had to downsize the Mustang, I would look at Honda Accord v4 (4-door) and Mazda 6 in manual transmission.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Originally I was supposed to pay $700 a month, but my the agency did something that would lower it substantially, but from what I've been told, The way they did it, I wouldn't be covered in a car accident, Which is dumb.

I drive speed limit. I only have 2 speeding tickets, Those are old and about to fall off. There's much more to it than speeding lol
Hey man I'm just wondering if you don't mind sharing the full story? Might help some dumb kids lurking out there avoid doing the same silly things you now regret. If not well hey I hope you get back into a mustang soon!

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not to show my age but when I was young the fox body stangs were the fastest street cars within reason. I could afford the car but the insurance was crazy so I got a civic si instead which was probably the smartest way to go because I would've been in some real trouble had I owned the stang. This is how it broke down at the time.

Don't worry dude it will all come around again you'll get a stang again

1994 Honda Civic si $12,280 insurance per year $1,500
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 $12,900 insurance per year $3,200
They were giving the '93 s away in prep for the sn95 which I thought looked like a Celica :)

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I feel ya bro. I've been pulled over twice in recent months for what the cops called a "show of power." I was let go both times, and I have gained enormous respect for the police in my area for being so cool and giving me not one but two second chances. That was my wake up call to slow down and I've been obeying the speed limit ever since. I get it man, it's hard to drive slow in these cars. You just have to find that motivation, for some people it's easier than for others.

Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I feel ya bro. I've been pulled over twice in recent months for what the cops called a "show of power." I was let go both times, and I have gained enormous respect for the police in my area for being so cool and giving me not one but two second chances. That was my wake up call to slow down and I've been obeying the speed limit ever since. I get it man, it's hard to drive slow in these cars. You just have to find that motivation, for some people it's easier than for others.
Once again, what is a show of power? Just some hard pulls or what? I find the laws descriptioms lacking in what it describes as normal speeding, excessive speeding, racing and now a show of power

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I've shared it before and it never ends well. There's been people who claim I will soon "kill my daughter" because of the way "I drive".

What a terrible thing to say to someone who hasn't even driven fast since the day he found out his girl was pregnant, But that's fine, There's lots of negative people out there.

I'm the type of person that prefers to do dumb things when I'm alone, Because I only want to risk my life and not anybody else's, But now with a kid, I don't even risk mine.
well it sounds like you have gotten your act together. Theres not a single person out there who can say they didn't do something stupid when they were younger. Just get past it and get back in a mustang soon my friend!

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Hey man, don't feel too bad. I'll probably be joining you on the 4-banger side soon as well. On the plus side, at least you got a brand new car again! :D

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
I've shared it before and it never ends well. There's been people who claim I will soon "kill my daughter" because of the way "I drive".

What a terrible thing to say to someone who hasn't even driven fast since the day he found out his girl was pregnant, But that's fine, There's lots of negative people out there.

I'm the type of person that prefers to do dumb things when I'm alone, Because I only want to risk my life and not anybody else's, But now with a kid, I don't even risk mine.

I was once pulled over because "We ran your plates and thought you had a warrant". There was no warrant, But the DMV had suspended my license that same week (Without my knowledge) because I needed an SR22 (I got no notice of this whatsoever). I was stranded an hour away from my house, But the cop let me call someone to come pick the car up and drive us home.

Then there was that one time where my friend behind me had an exhaust leak (Seriously. His exhaust made a loud noise but he didn't fix it because "He didn't have time") and at a green light, I took off, no burning rubber, nothing, But the cop chased us down and pulled me over, He gave me a ticket for "Modified exhaust, Unsafe takeoff, Unsafe Speed"

1)My exhaust was stock
2)Unsafe takeoff???
3)Unsafe speed, But the ticket said I was going 35 in a 35?

Needless to say, I fought the ticket and won.

Or how about the time where I made a left turn, My car somehow lost traction and I pulled over to wait for a cop because I saw him coming, But even though I waited for him, They cuffed me because "We thought you were going to run" and when I explained what happened "We need to give you a ticket for something, because he handcuffed you already" so they gave me a tinted windows ticket.

Or what about the time I was heading to work, Yeah I was running late, Yeah I was doing 40 in a 35, Yeah he pulled his gun out to my head over a speeding ticket.

Oh how about the time where I had a roush axle-back, So a sheriff pulls my co-worker and I over, Handcuffs both of us, Throws us in the back of his squad car, because "I need to check both of your legality) Just because we were working in a place where they hire lots of illegals.

Anyways I've been stopped more times than I would love to admit, most of them being my fault, I admit, But sometimes I just don't understand.

Wow!!! But I'm not surprised since you live in South Central LA. Those cops will mess with ANYONE regardless if you are in a 5.0 or Honda Civic that doesn't look stock.

They hate ANY car with an exhaust and the same can be said for San Diego... just worse when u are in the gang Capital of the US. The stereo type is unreal!

Don't do nothing to ur Altima! No tints, rims, and you should be good!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
That's the plan!

The only thing I'm going to do to the Altima is add a small subwoofer, strong enough to make music enjoyable and feel it on the inside of the car, but not enough to shake the trunk or anything outside.

Yes sir! Brand new car! =D

The mustang was already crashed at one point, *OOPS*. I wanted a fresh start.

Plus, I don't know if I said this already, My dream car is not my dream car if I can not have it the way I want to have it.

I don't want to shell out all the $$ on tickets for modifying my own car. This time around I was sticking to the track the most I could, But that doesn't stop me from getting a modified exhaust, modified emissions and no front plate ticket. LOL.
you sound like you are on the right track now, being a father changes you. But i suppose sometimes the past can stay with you for a long time. anyway wish you the best of luck for the future
Sponsored