6 Speed Auto with Burn Out Control

braxus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6, 2019 Mustang GT
All Mustangs from 2013-up to 17 that used the V6 and 6 speed automatic, Im told Ford programmed the tranny so you cannot do a burnout. Is this true for starters? I for the life of me can't break the tires loose (unless its raining out), and no matter what I do, I cannot do a burnout. Will an aftermarket tune like from MPT reprogram the tranny, so you CAN do a burnout? Its surprising a motor with 300- 305 horses can't break the wheels loose. Anyone comment? Anyone do the MPT tune with the 6 speed auto? Im told the 2011-12s dont have this issue. And this is with the car in 1st gear and traction control off.
Sponsored

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
You have a v6 mustang, you shouldn't be doing burnouts to begin with. You are not drag racing and you certainly don't need to heat up the tires for traction... Think of this as your car telling you not to be a monkey.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Your car is protecting the world from you leaving car shows. If you sign a waiver for Ford stating you won't be that guy leaving a car show, they might unlock it for you. :)

Are you turning just traction control off or advance track off? There is a big difference between the two. Hold the traction control button down for ten seconds instead of just pressing it.

I expect you to sign the waiver before you try this.....

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
You have a v6 mustang, you shouldn't be doing burnouts to begin with. You are not drag racing and you certainly don't need to heat up the tires for traction... Think of this as your car telling you not to be a monkey.
^^^^ Ignore this asshat. I guess he doesn’t know that the 2005-2010 GT 4.6 3 valve made as much power as the 3.7 V6 does or he’s just a hater.

Yes a aftermarket tune like MPT will remove the factory safety feature.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
One idiot.

Your car is protecting the world from you leaving car shows. If you sign a waiver for Ford stating you won't be that guy leaving a car show, they might unlock it for you. :)

Are you turning just traction control off or advance track off? There is a big difference between the two. Hold the traction control button down for ten seconds instead of just pressing it.

I expect you to sign the waiver before you try this.....
Two. Okay, not so bad as the first one since you actually answered but usually it's the GTs causing the problems leaving the shows!

^^^^ Ignore this asshat. I guess he doesn’t know that the 2005-2010 GT 4.6 3 valve made as much power as the 3.7 V6 does or he’s just a hater.

Yes a aftermarket tune like MPT will remove the factory safety feature.
Third time's the charm! Now we got some sense in the thread.

As for my answer, yes a MPT tune will help, but you probably won't be able to get that real nice rubber streak without a lot more power. If you enable line lock, you can do it without worrying about damaging the rear brakes at all too. It's fun a couple times at least. I can chirp my tires launching and on the 1-2, sometimes 2-3 shift with 3.73 gears and MPT tune.
Sponsored