Sponsored

6 pack of beer to whomever guesses correctly. 10r80 issue.

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I read it. My issue is listed. I'll post up what Ford says afterwards

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Dealer called and said Ford authorized them to pull the trans and open it up based on codes.

I'll update as I know more

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Trans is tore down. Parts on order. I don't know what parts they ordered yet.

Whipple18GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I had the same issue, one way clutch destroyed, got it rebuilt with the upgraded clutches also, installed it I'm still having these codes P0752, and P2700. I bought a new valve body put that in had a buddy from ford come over and program the valve body. Same Issue again I'm at a lost. No warranty due to the Whipple. 2018 early build with 5k miles. Once I hit 7th gear it basically goes into limp mode and I have no throttle input, then it shifts to 4th and does it all over again, once I come to a stop is when I get the wrench light.

Sponsored

Dawgvet06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1
Same issue with my 2018 GT pp1 in January - one way clutch went out suddenly with only about 7500 miles on the car. Took the dealership in GA nearly a month to get the parts and get me back on the road. I hope your repairs go more quickly and smoothly.

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Same issue with my 2018 GT pp1 in January - one way clutch went out suddenly with only about 7500 miles on the car. Took the dealership in GA nearly a month to get the parts and get me back on the road. I hope your repairs go more quickly and smoothly.

It's been 3 weeks, so no. It's not going any better. Especially since I have secondary concerns that they can't address until the trans is repaired.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't understand why they have plenty of parts for the line to build new production cars, but don't stock parts for warranty repairs. And it's not like the A10 is brand new, it's been in production basically two years. It's not just Ford, a lot of car companies seem to have this issue of not having spare parts in ready inventory. Is this the effect of "lean management" and "just in time" philosophies that the MBAs are always crowing about? Because it sucks.

(I know COVID-19 is really throwing a wrench into everything, but I think the parts situation was already like this.)

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Well they called today and I picked it up. Seems fine. No complaints.

Here's what the tech wrote
20200401_124517.jpg
20200401_124459.jpg

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
Well they called today and I picked it up. Seems fine. No complaints.

Here's what the tech wrote
20200401_124517.jpg
20200401_124459.jpg
well, thats great news.. hopefully it stays that way this time

so they basically did a rebuild?

be sure to keep us upto date if you start experiencing any more issues..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
well, thats great news.. hopefully it stays that way this time

so they basically did a rebuild?

be sure to keep us upto date if you start experiencing any more issues..
Basically rebuilt. I'm guessing because it's an issue on 18's there are updated parts. I don't anticipate further issues.

Did anyone get it right? Who do I owe beer?

Dawgvet06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1
I don't understand why they have plenty of parts for the line to build new production cars, but don't stock parts for warranty repairs. And it's not like the A10 is brand new, it's been in production basically two years. It's not just Ford, a lot of car companies seem to have this issue of not having spare parts in ready inventory. Is this the effect of "lean management" and "just in time" philosophies that the MBAs are always crowing about? Because it sucks.

(I know COVID-19 is really throwing a wrench into everything, but I think the parts situation was already like this.)
The broken one way clutch and accompanying issues in my car occurred in mid-January. It was a full month before the dealership could get the parts and get my car repaired. COVID-19 wasn't a thing at that time, but I definitely believe it could be a factor now. I asked the service manager at the dealership and the Ford corporate customer service rep I had contacted your exact question - "why can't Ford just send parts or a brand new trans as they are dropping the 10r80 into cars and trucks every day? - the parts shouldn't be hard to find". The answers I got were that A) Ford wouldn't interrupt normal production lines to send the parts and B) the parts needed for my 2018 were different from those being manufactured for the current production year.
Sponsored