Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think it was Topnotch that called a reveal at the Superbowl...........probably a couple of years ago now :)
Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I'm probably talking through my hat here (in fact I know I am) (We need a smilie for that), but I would bet that the automotive press don't take too kindly to reveals that don't cater to them at their special press days at auto shows.

Ad or sneak peak during SuperBowl: Yes
Attendance during 50th: Yes
First full reveal at an auto show: Yes

Fordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Taurus
I think Ford should send me the first when and I will release images to you guys instead. :lol::barf:

OP
OP

StangFX

9/15/13 Video:
Mustang Man: Europe -- Mustang Countdown

For many Mustang owners, Mustang is more than just a car - it's a lifestyle. Ralf Wurm turned the key on his first Mustang 30 years ago and since then Mustang has been part of his life.

Sponsored

OP
OP

StangFX

They posted one from Ford of Europe this week.

He's the Mustang whisperer lol!

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
They posted one from Ford of Europe this week.

He's the Mustang whisperer lol!
If they love the classics as much as this article says... then the sportier S550 should be a huge hit in Europe.

Ford Mustang Tops List of Most Wanted Classic Cars in European Survey

This may come as a surprise to many of you living in the United States, but the Ford Mustang has been voted the most desirable classic car in Europe.
A survey of 75,046 Europeans carried out by used car selling site AutoScout24, revealed that more than one in three enthusiasts on the continent (37 percent) dreams of owning a Mustang. The legendary BMW M1 came second with 20 percent of the votes, while the VW Beetle was third, with 11 percent.

Whether it’s the Mustang’s timeless design, the wish to experience the American dream or simply the desire to own something one can’t have, the pony car topped the list of Europeans’ most wanted classic cars. The Mustang has its biggest fan base in Austria, where 42 percent of respondents opted for the American car, followed by Spain, with 41 percent.

In Germany, 34 percent of respondents chose the Mustang as their dream classic car, which is an impressive result given the variety of German classic cars that are available in the country. For comparison, the VW Beetle and VW Bulli each got a score of 14 percent in Germany. The Bulli was sixth overall in Europe, behind the classic Mini and the Citroën 2CV.

The survey included 75,046 users of the AutoScout24 car sales website throughout Europe, as follows: 5,002 in Belgium, 30,410 in Germany, 15,108 in France, 11,797 in Italy, 3,739 in the Netherlands, 2,745 in Austria and 6,245 in Spain.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/09/ford-mustang-tops-list-of-most-wanted.html

OP
OP

shelby1k

I'm probably talking through my hat here (in fact I know I am) (We need a smilie for that), but I would bet that the automotive press don't take too kindly to reveals that don't cater to them at their special press days at auto shows.

Ad or sneak peak during SuperBowl: Yes
Attendance during 50th: Yes
First full reveal at an auto show: Yes
I doubt a change of venue would change the fact that Ford would give select automotive press advanced notice of something being shown, even if they won't reveal which car. There will be enough regular press there to pick up the slack.

Regardless, I doubt a press day will help them much with this one. The covers will be on until the big lights come on and they show it to everyone... for maximum impact.

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible

This isn't one of the countdown videos but thought I'd throw it in here.

very brief mention of the s550 around 3:15. man they sure are being tight lipped about this car. barely said much of anything except it will be uniquely Mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP

StangFX

Thats pretty much what they been saying all along. It's good they understand that Europe isn't looking for a European Mustang either. At least based on the opinion of some on here :)

Hmmm no countdown video this week................................ Hey Ford, I'll take a teaser instead if you want to brighten up our weekends :D

OP
OP

StangFX

10/9/13 Video:
Motor City: A Rich History - Mustang Countdown

For more than a century, the automobile and the city of Detroit have grown up together, each influencing the other. Throughout the highs and lows, the cars and the community have been chronicled at Detroit Historical Museum which is located in the city's cultural center.

One of the stars of the museum's collection is the 1963 Ford Mustang II concept. The Mustang II debuted 50 years ago at the United States Grand Prix at Watkins Glen, New York. Produced from one of the development prototypes for the upcoming production model, it gave the world its first real preview of what the 1965 Mustang would look like.

The industry and the city that is home to it have been through many difficult periods of the years, but both are currently experiencing a renaissance by refocusing on the fundamentals. The mix of startup businesses like Shinola and classic elements of the city are drawing new residents and entrepreneurs, just as the auto industry is coming back with an emphasis on great products.

OP
OP

StangFX

^^They skipped the video last week but just came out with another countdown vid, a little homage to Detroit.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

OP
OP

HTownStang

Ford Mustang’s Stylish 50th Anniversary Bash

Credit: Tiffany Rose, WireImage

Ford celebrated the 50th anniversary of its iconic Mustang with a haute anniversary bash on Tuesday night.

Though the vehicle technically doesn’t hit its 50th birthday until 2014, Decades LA decided to co-host a fashionable fete in advance of the occasion.

Credit: Tiffany Rose, WireImage

Decades co-owner Christos Garkinos staged a fashion show at The Standard Hotel in Hollywood before joining the Ford Motor Company’s Design Director Joel Piaskowski for a discussion which explored the correlation between fashion and the Mustang’s design and how both were influenced by the changing trends.

The event was attended by notables such as Max Greenfield, Harry Hamlin, Tony Okungbowa, Garcelle Beauvais and Sky Nellor.

http://hauteliving.com/2013/10/ford-mustangs-stylish-50th-anniversary-bash/402243/
One of my buddies out in CA heard about it and tried to crash the event lol. Unsuccessful. :tsk:

We should see some more cool events soon.
Sponsored