Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
on a very happy dyno
My car on the same dyno stock:)
F5_A7_B4_F6-_E2_BE-4_F1_B-818_D-81_C0_C9066_A5_A.jpg

My car on the same dyno with LTH, CAI and Lund tune..:)
IMG_3069.jpg

Either way I still mullered [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] at Avon Park BEFORE the tune:lol::headbang::headbang::thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My car on the same dyno stock:)
F5_A7_B4_F6-_E2_BE-4_F1_B-818_D-81_C0_C9066_A5_A.jpg

My car on the same dyno with LTH, CAI and Lund tune..:)
IMG_3069.jpg

Either way I still mullered [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] at Avon Park BEFORE the tune:lol::headbang::headbang::thumbsup:
in short, LTH+CAI+TUNE = +41bhp/+28lb-ft

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Trouble was, it drove like a bag o shite:D:doh:
I wouldn’t go that far. It’s a bit more peeeky when the power arrives but it’s that bad :)
Sill very deiveable and well behaved.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Hang on. Gibbo was quoting 470bhp for the PMAS with Lund tune...?
not a chance on our cars and our lower starting hp.

i'm just under 450 adjusted and lund tuned with filter + exhaust etc.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn’t go that far. It’s a bit more peeeky when the power arrives but it’s that bad :)
Sill very deiveable and well behaved.
It was bad enough that he re tuned for less power, but improved drivability..:)

I had a similar issue with one of my old TVR’s.... I was determined to get 300 BHP... managed to get 312, but it drove like a dog... changed a few things to improve drivability, and ended up at 288 Bhp, but in the real world the car was faster, because I could use more of it more of the time :D

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It was bad enough that he re tuned for less power, but improved drivability..:)

I had a similar issue with one of my old TVR’s.... I was determined to get 300 BHP... managed to get 312, but it drove like a dog... changed a few things to improve drivability, and ended up at 288 Bhp, but in the real world the car was faster, because I could use more of it more of the time :D
Yeah I think a lot of people go with the stock throttle body to get rid of the tippyness of the gt350 one. To be honest I’m tempted to try that too just to find out if it really makes it nicer in low throttle opening conditions around 2500 rpm with mild acceleration to 3000 rpm which seems to be where the gt350 TB causes a few slight surges.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Arguments aside for different dyno's etc. as not interested in getting involved in all that BS using the same dyno and same quarter mile terminals I had following results:

Dyno: Maha LPS3000
Drag: Pod or Shakey using walk of line method, no LC.

Stock: 410-415HP / 106-107mph
JDM/SCT/DS Tune: 440HP / 110mph
Lund / PMAS CAI Octane 94 tune: 470HP / 113mph
Lund / 350 setup Octane 94 tune: 510HP (490HP) / 115mph

I put in brackets 490HP as the dyno graph spikes due to speed limiter issue of nearly 8000rpm in 5th gear is around 170mph and some kind of speed limiter kicked in causing a spike on the dyno. Mac had same issue at Vmax, limited to around 170mph.

Yes on Lund tune the car drove poor, AED it drove perfect but had huge false knock issues and the car would just be down 50HP on say a hard 3-4 shift.

In the end I gave up, if AED could resolve the false knock it would of been tremendous as even 6th gear pulled well and we all know 6th is generally flat as a pancake.

In the end I went stock but with a true custom tune from Palm Beach on the stock air box and netted 460HP and 113mph terminals with a car that drive like stock.

Needless to say its all in the tuner and a good tune will net you 50HP and a good 6-7mph in terminal across quarter mile.

Terminal speeds is an old favourite for backing up dyno claims and somewhat verifying them. On the 350 kit I gained 8-9mph and the tune was not great certainly had more potential but based on those terminal gains it was obvious the speed limiter caused a dyno spike and in reality it was more around 480-490HP.

If I owned an MY15-17 again I'd simply add an MY18 manifold and get a true custom tune and leave rest of the car stock as your talking around 480HP with no torque loss and the MY18 manifolds were going for $300 or less for those who got one early probably not the case now.

CAI's don't do much on the road, headers work but cost a fortune and are a pain in the ass to install. For bang to buck and ease of install MY18 manifold and a tune, your golden, but a proper good custom tune by someone who knows the cars and has done plenty before, don't be the guinea pig.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there

Arguments aside for different dyno's etc. as not interested in getting involved in all that BS using the same dyno and same quarter mile terminals I had following results:

Dyno: Maha LPS3000
Drag: Pod or Shakey using walk of line method, no LC.

Stock: 410-415HP / 106-107mph
JDM/SCT/DS Tune: 440HP / 110mph
Lund / PMAS CAI Octane 94 tune: 470HP / 113mph
Lund / 350 setup Octane 94 tune: 510HP (490HP) / 115mph

I put in brackets 490HP as the dyno graph spikes due to speed limiter issue of nearly 8000rpm in 5th gear is around 170mph and some kind of speed limiter kicked in causing a spike on the dyno. Mac had same issue at Vmax, limited to around 170mph.

Yes on Lund tune the car drove poor, AED it drove perfect but had huge false knock issues and the car would just be down 50HP on say a hard 3-4 shift.

In the end I gave up, if AED could resolve the false knock it would of been tremendous as even 6th gear pulled well and we all know 6th is generally flat as a pancake.

In the end I went stock but with a true custom tune from Palm Beach on the stock air box and netted 460HP and 113mph terminals with a car that drive like stock.

Needless to say its all in the tuner and a good tune will net you 50HP and a good 6-7mph in terminal across quarter mile.

Terminal speeds is an old favourite for backing up dyno claims and somewhat verifying them. On the 350 kit I gained 8-9mph and the tune was not great certainly had more potential but based on those terminal gains it was obvious the speed limiter caused a dyno spike and in reality it was more around 480-490HP.

If I owned an MY15-17 again I'd simply add an MY18 manifold and get a true custom tune and leave rest of the car stock as your talking around 480HP with no torque loss and the MY18 manifolds were going for $300 or less for those who got one early probably not the case now.

CAI's don't do much on the road, headers work but cost a fortune and are a pain in the ass to install. For bang to buck and ease of install MY18 manifold and a tune, your golden, but a proper good custom tune by someone who knows the cars and has done plenty before, don't be the guinea pig.
Just to expand on Gibbos post I am booked in to run my car on the same dyno soon. I bought gibbos gt350 parts off him and they are now on my car. I got AED to tune it and fortunately have not experienced the false knock issues that set Gibbo back with aed. I’m not running long tubes yet so it will be interesting to see what it does on the dyno. I suspect it may not give quite as much as the Lund tune as I specifically requested a safe road setup for a daily driver than an all out max power at all cost tune.
The butt dyno and my data logs show it 0.3 seconds quicker between 40-80mph in 3rd gear (based on AED tuned stock manifold,not based on the stock tune). But critically where the stock set requires 4th gear not much past 80mph, the gt350 keeps going stronger and stronger to 98mph just 2.3 seconds later. I’m really looking forward to seeing what power it makes up there because it feels fast and the logs are Stella!

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to expand on Gibbos post I am booked in to run my car on the same dyno soon. I bought gibbos gt350 parts off him and they are now on my car. I got AED to tune it and fortunately have not experienced the false knock issues that set Gibbo back with aed. I’m not running long tubes yet so it will be interesting to see what it does on the dyno. I suspect it may not give quite as much as the Lund tune as I specifically requested a safe road setup for a daily driver than an all out max power at all cost tune.
The butt dyno and my data logs show it 0.3 seconds quicker between 40-80mph in 3rd gear. But critically where the stock set requires 4th gear not much past 80mph, the gt350 keeps going stronger and stronger to 98mph just 2.3 seconds later. I’m really looking forward to seeing what power it makes up there because it feels fast and the logs are Stella!

The gains after 6000rpm are huge, at 6500-7500rpm the 350 manifold is generally 60HP up as the stock IM falls off a cliff around 6500rpm.

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Wow! Some great replies there. I appreciate folk contributing with their hard earned experience.
I'll come back to this thread for reference.

Just to recap and correct me if I get anything wrong.
It seems 18MY cars are capable of reaching circa 500bhp with CAI+Tune?

Anymore info welcome and appreciated
:thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! Some great replies there. I appreciate folk contributing with their hard earned experience.
I'll come back to this thread for reference.

Just to recap and correct me if I get anything wrong.
It seems 18MY cars are capable of reaching circa 500bhp with CAI+Tune?

Anymore info welcome and appreciated
:thumbsup:
You need to forget about CAI's, they really do fuck all on the 5.0, maybe a few ponies on a dyno with the hood up.

On the road, stop start and the true cold air and RAM AIR effect of the stock air box, you will find the stock air box yields as good if not better performance than any CAI, so save your money.

Simply mod the stock air box, remove the carbon trap, fit a panel filter and get a velossa big mouth to improve ram air effect.

A really good custom tune for some good fuel (99) should yield 485-500HP on an MY18, but headers would seal that deal for sure.

The only reason UK/Export make less power is tune changes to meet our markets and of course RHD models have the right side manifold tweaked which cost around 5HP to fit the steering column.

In theory an MY18 with modded air box, full highflow catted headers, 99 fuel and a good tuner would see you around 530HP and about 460lb/ft so would certainly be quite nice indeed and any NA 500+ is very nice.

But saying all this a stock MY18 will drive very nice, they are not quite as lazy as the MY15-17 was as those really need waking up with a tune, whereas as the 18 is better from factory, higher compression and PI/DI helps of course too with response.
Sponsored