Sponsored

500 bhp

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hi.

I'm relatively new here and while I await delivery of my first Ford Mustang GT (a build date would be nice, Allen Ford). I've been reading the Ford performance parts thread, which made me wonder.

Is there concensus on the best value way to get a 18MY onwards, GT, to 500 bhp?

Note, I'm asking about "value" and not necessarily the "cheapest" approach.

Cheers.
:)
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
500 NA is fairly easy on the new ones i believe simple tune and filter should do it. on the other model little bit more involved.

but 500 is reading from probably a very happy dyno and not a true engine count for example i've just done my today and with a map on it its true hp is only reading 370 which is a nice gain over the base car at 346 ish

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
A tune and headers will get you well north of 500 hp on an MY18

A tune on its own will almost get you there

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Hi.

I'm relatively new here and while I await delivery of my first Ford Mustang GT (a build date would be nice, Allen Ford). I've been reading the Ford performance parts thread, which made me wonder.

Is there concensus on the best value way to get a 18MY onwards, GT, to 500 bhp?

Note, I'm asking about "value" and not necessarily the "cheapest" approach.

Cheers.
:)
When did you place your order for the MY18?

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
500 NA is fairly easy on the new ones i believe simple tune and filter should do it. on the other model little bit more involved.

but 500 is reading from probably a very happy dyno and not a true engine count for example i've just done my today and with a map on it its true hp is only reading 370 which is a nice gain over the base car at 346 ish
Ah. Dynos. I've no direct experince of them, although I'm told no two dynos will produce the say readings, I couldn't tell you why.
Sorry if I've missed it on another thread here, but what tune are you using?
Again, my only experience was an ECU map, uploaded via the OBDII.
Are "tune" and "map" referring to the same level of enhancement?

A tune and headers will get you well north of 500 hp on an MY18

A tune on its own will almost get you there
Replacing the exhaust, the entire system?
I wouldn't be interested in making the exhaust sound louder, nor loosing the active control.

When did you place your order for the MY18?
Dealer was telling me they were trying to enter an order for me, in December, although I believe they were having IT issues then.
However, 10th Jan I completed a vehicle order form, but I revised the spec in late March.
I see from the C2C thread some folk are placing orders into the system for what I assume will be 19s, hopefully arriving September??
When I read those comments, I emailed my dealer this week, asking about my order and if they had any updates fo scheduling, build date, etc.
They haven't replied, so I will likely pop in next week to see them and how things are progressing.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Dealer was telling me they were trying to enter an order for me, in December, although I believe they were having IT issues then.
However, 10th Jan I completed a vehicle order form, but I revised the spec in late March.
I see from the C2C thread some folk are placing orders into the system for what I assume will be 19s, hopefully arriving September??
When I read those comments, I emailed my dealer this week, asking about my order and if they had any updates fo scheduling, build date, etc.
They haven't replied, so I will likely pop in next week to see them and how things are progressing.
I hope it’s already built, as they are coming to the end of the MY18 builds now, what spec did you go for?

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I hope it’s already built, as they are coming to the end of the MY18 builds now, what spec did you go for?
From memory;
GT
Lightning blue
M6
Magneride
CP2
RR spoiler delete

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
From memory;
GT
Lightning blue
M6
Magneride
CP2
RR spoiler delete
Hope it’s been built, but it would not surprise me if it’s been cancelled as Lightning Blue is a discontinued colour now in MY19 along with Magneride playing up some MY18’s, my order for a MY18 was cancelled which was placed in February which also had Magneride and a discontinued MY18 colour of Triple Yellow, need to speak to the dealer to know where you stand as you will have to place a new order for a MY19 because the colour does not exist now, but it could be just sat at the dealers and they have not told you :shrug:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
MY16 GT
Borla cat back exhaust
Kooks headers with high flow cats
GT350 manifold, throttle body and air intake
Lund tune

I'm told, although yet to dyno it that it should be around 530bhp.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
MY16 GT
Borla cat back exhaust
Kooks headers with high flow cats
GT350 manifold, throttle body and air intake
Lund tune

I'm told, although yet to dyno it that it should be around 530bhp.
i'd say you'd be almost spot on 500 there maybe a little under

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Knowing how OCD he is about such things and the dyno he used, I don't think his figures are optimistic.
i'd love to see it but i highly doubt it'll break 500 over an 80 gain from just a manifold, a tiny bit larger throttle body and a hot air intake ? its ford PP 3 think they say it'd get 50 gain.
Sponsored