5.2L V8 Ford Voodoo Engine Will Not Be Offered As A Crate

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
No they are not. That is a myth. They are only required to cover the warranty period.
After researching further, you are correct about the warranty period per the Magnuson - Moss Act. But reading further, if the vehicle is sold in other countries, by default the manufacturer must comply to that country's replacement part stipulations. In our case, the GT350 was sold in Canada, which I read does have a 10 year replacement part requirement. Hopefully a Canadian member can clarify that. I do not know if that would apply only to Canadian owners, or that in general Ford would keep replacements on hand for 10 years to satisfy the requirement for doing business in Canada.

Thanks for clarifying.
Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
After researching further, you are correct about the warranty period per the Magnuson - Moss Act. But reading further, if the vehicle is sold in other countries, by default the manufacturer must comply to that country's replacement part stipulations. In our case, the GT350 was sold in Canada, which I read does have a 10 year replacement part requirement. Hopefully a Canadian member can clarify that. I do not know if that would apply only to Canadian owners, or that in general Ford would keep replacements on hand for 10 years to satisfy the requirement for doing business in Canada.

Thanks for clarifying.
No problem, I thought the same several years back and had to do research on it. Although I think it is pretty standard practice (10 years), there is no guarantee and no requirement.

You can also throw in there about a Ford ESP. Example, I buy an 8 yr. At the end of my 8 yr before it expires I renew for another 6 yrs. That's 14 years total coverage. What would Ford due with an engine failure 12 yrs in?

I plan to do exactly that so it will be up to Ford to figure it out if it ever comes down to it.