• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

400A vs 401A

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Thinking about maybe ordering a 25 GT when order banks open up later this year. Contemplating which trim level is the best for the cost? Is the 401A worth the extra $2900 over the 400A? just adds the B&O stereo, memory seats, accent stitching on the seats, etc. from that list I do not see the extra value for the cost. do like the nicer one piece screen so probably stick with the premium trim over the base. anybody have a 400A and how do you like it? regret not going 401A? thanks!
Sponsored

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
I have a 400A car. I have not seen/been in a 401A mustang, but the features were not worth the money to me. I was not trying to option out the highest mustang GT and the $2,900 went to other options. To me the 400A is a nice interior and I do not regret it one bit. I am more interested in listening the motor/exhaust and not blasting my radio.

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, yeah that is the way I am thinking currently also, have read the B&O is not that big of improvement either and I don't blast my music real loud either.
I have a 400A car. I have not seen/been in a 401A mustang, but the features were not worth the money to me. I was not trying to option out the highest mustang GT and the $2,900 went to other options. To me the 400A is a nice interior and I do not regret it one bit. I am more interested in listening the motor/exhaust and not blasting my radio.

CDNV8S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future owner S650 GT PREM
In Canada you get these features. I think its worth it, I plan on keeping the car long term and the tech is nice. The premier trim with the Red interior is beautiful, with the red stiching in different areas. The door inserts and seats looks great. Mirror turn signals a plus

GT Premium High 401A $3000
  • Includes all GT Features, Plus:
    • B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen®
    • Illuminated Door-sill Scuff Plates
    • Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group
    • Security Package
    • Ford Co-Pilot 360™ Assist+

• Memory Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal Indicators

S650 Mustang 400A vs 401A vehicl

S650 Mustang 400A vs 401A vehicle (1)

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
GT with 401A (purchased off lot; not ordered).

1 piece dash screen :thumbsup:

contrasting stitching :thumbsdown: (white on black; if it'd been red on black I would give it a thumbs up).

B & O system :thumbsdown: (NOT impressed, NO CD player, in this case sub(woofer) stands for ***** under powered [and boomy] bass).

All the rest of it? MEH! Who cares?

Good luck with what ever you choose!

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT with 401A (purchased off lot; not ordered).

1 piece dash screen :thumbsup:

contrasting stitching :thumbsdown: (white on black; if it'd been red on black I would give it a thumbs up).

B & O system :thumbsdown: (NOT impressed, NO CD player, in this case sub(woofer) stands for ***** under powered [and boomy] bass).

All the rest of it? MEH! Who cares?

Good luck with what ever you choose!
thanks, yeah i read the B&O was not great, is there much difference between the quality of the seats in the 400a vs 401a besides the contrast stitching ? some say the center part is real leather in 401a and synthetic leather in 400a , not sure if much difference. yeah the screen does look better than the 2 separate screens

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Went through this same exact scenario last year when ordering. Kept telling myself "I'm buying it for the engine not the cosmetics" Changed my order 4 times, first was a Base, 300A,"Oh I can live with 2 screens and I can change the wheels and add a stereo". Too many upgrades on the Premium so changed order to that, "I can live without the B&O and stitching, Illuminated Sill Plates,

My 26yo son finally grilled me and said "you are trying to justify NOT getting something just means you will regret Not having it" He was right! If money is an issue then you have to build to your budget, this was a one time deal for me, and all within my budget.

Stereo aside, I do appreciate the little details in the 401A now that I have it. Cost was $2700, not really worth it though glad I have it and would add it again without a second thought.

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks, do you know if the seat material is much difference? is it just the center section on the seats that is different? that is what i am not sure of, the stitching color doesn't matter too much, get black seats probably anyways. yeah the $2900 doesn't seem to be worth it just looking at the website list of stuff on the 401A
Went through this same exact scenario last year when ordering. Kept telling myself "I'm buying it for the engine not the cosmetics" Changed my order 4 times, first was a Base, 300A,"Oh I can live with 2 screens and I can change the wheels and add a stereo". Too many upgrades on the Premium so changed order to that, "I can live without the B&O and stitching, Illuminated Sill Plates,

My 26yo son finally grilled me and said "you are trying to justify NOT getting something just means you will regret Not having it" He was right! If money is an issue then you have to build to your budget, this was a one time deal for me, and all within my budget.

Stereo aside, I do appreciate the little details in the 401A now that I have it. Cost was $2700, not really worth it though glad I have it and would add it again without a second thought.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
thanks, do you know if the seat material is much difference? is it just the center section on the seats that is different? that is what i am not sure of, the stitching color doesn't matter too much, get black seats probably anyways. yeah the $2900 doesn't seem to be worth it just looking at the website list of stuff on the 401A
I got the black interior. I am not sure in comparison with the 400A, though the seats are very nice, feel great and I actually use the memory function more than I thought. Has a nice feature called "Easy Exit" when you turn off the car the seat moves down and back giving more room to climb out/get in. Hit start and seat goes right back to where it was.

The stitching accents actually look great, and does give it a bit more classy feel. The armrest is back pretty far though nice material, the panels next to the knee area are padded and stitched. I have come to appreciate the other little things like the Illuminated sills, turn signals on the mirror caps, security system is a plus, I do use the built in navigation a lot since I don't sync my phone. The sound system could be better, though has to be better than the 9 speaker. It is clear just not a lot of low end. Sounds better at higher volumes, even cranked nothing will drown out the glorious sound of the Coyote.

Like I said, i tried to talk myself out spending on the 401A, now that I have it I would spend it again. Not trying to sell you on it, just sharing my fear of, if I passed on it, waited out the build, and then regret not having it after all that just to save a few $$ I kept imagining seeing someone who had 401A and having instant regret

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the black interior. I am not sure in comparison with the 400A, though the seats are very nice, feel great and I actually use the memory function more than I thought. Has a nice feature called "Easy Exit" when you turn off the car the seat moves down and back giving more room to climb out/get in. Hit start and seat goes right back to where it was.

The stitching accents actually look great, and does give it a bit more classy feel. The armrest is back pretty far though nice material, the panels next to the knee area are padded and stitched. I have come to appreciate the other little things like the Illuminated sills, turn signals on the mirror caps, security system is a plus, I do use the built in navigation a lot since I don't sync my phone. The sound system could be better, though has to be better than the 9 speaker. It is clear just not a lot of low end. Sounds better at higher volumes, even cranked nothing will drown out the glorious sound of the Coyote.

Like I said, i tried to talk myself out spending on the 401A, now that I have it I would spend it again. Not trying to sell you on it, just sharing my fear of, if I passed on it, waited out the build, and then regret not having it after all that just to save a few $$ I kept imagining seeing someone who had 401A and having instant regret
yeah you are right might regret not getting it later, will depend probably on what they will give in the future for trade in, how much want to spend. i have never used those memory seats before, always set them where i wanted and left them there. it is a little difficult getting into and out of those seats sometimes. you should try using carplay if you have iphone, it connects everything automatically when you start the engine, showing navigation, and can use pandora or other music to play what you like,

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
yeah you are right might regret not getting it later, will depend probably on what they will give in the future for trade in, how much want to spend. i have never used those memory seats before, always set them where i wanted and left them there. it is a little difficult getting into and out of those seats sometimes. you should try using carplay if you have iphone, it connects everything automatically when you start the engine, showing navigation, and can use pandora or other music to play what you like,
yeah you don't want regret if you can avoid it. I have android auto, just haven't set it up yet. I have seen it can be glitchy. I like having navigation and I have SiriusXM integrated into the screen. I also have a USB drive with about 10,000 mp3's that I keep plugged in. To be honest though, I just love driving the thing. Took her out a few times yesterday, last night went for a late night back roads drive, for over an hour, windows down and no music.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
In Canada you get these features. I think its worth it, I plan on keeping the car long term and the tech is nice. The premier trim with the Red interior is beautiful, with the red stiching in different areas. The door inserts and seats looks great. Mirror turn signals a plus

GT Premium High 401A $3000
  • Includes all GT Features, Plus:
    • B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen®
    • Illuminated Door-sill Scuff Plates
    • Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group
    • Security Package
    • Ford Co-Pilot 360™ Assist+

• Memory Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal Indicators

vehicle.jpeg

vehicle (1).jpeg
I have the same Carmine interior, and the red accent stitching looks great IMHO.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
This is me but with 301A/400A. My hangups are if I want separate or united screens, and if I want the California Special package or not. I'm also curious what colors will be available for the '25/'26 model years (currently set on Oxford White).

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
This is me but with 301A/400A. My hangups are if I want separate or united screens, and if I want the California Special package or not. I'm also curious what colors will be available for the '25/'26 model years (currently set on Oxford White).
For $4520 extra, you get:
  • 19" wheels with Pirelli tires
  • Leather-trim, climate-controlled seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Premium interior trim with aluminum pedals
  • Unified dual-screen dash
I personally think that's worth it.
Sponsored