Sponsored

400A vs 401A

Did you order the analog or digital dash interior package?

• 400A interior with analog dash

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • 401A interior with digital dash

Votes: 73 69.5%

• Total voters

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Just curious as to how many ordered the digital dash and upgraded interior in their 18 and 19 Mustang. I like the old school analog gauges and they match the performance pack gauges in the center of the dash so I went with 400A.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I have 301A, but would have opted for 400A if I'd wanted leather. I just don't care for the looks of the digital gauges. I definitely prefer the analog.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Stuck with 400a also as I also did not need or want the navigation.

Also wanted the ceramic interior which is 400a only.

The digital dash is nice but I feel a bit gimmicky and overpriced since you cannot get it as a stand alone option.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The UI on the digital dash is crazy easy to read, I was never a fan of the two large gauge tunnels that Mustangs have had since the S197 days. That was the biggest draw for me, being able to change colors is neat, but that's something you do once and forget afterwards.

It also shows pretty useful/QOL information such as detailed turn by turn directions, music, auxillary gauges, etc. I imagine it'll be standard equipment by the next gen, at least on the Premium cars.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
The UI on the digital dash is crazy easy to read, I was never a fan of the two large gauge tunnels that Mustangs have had since the S197 days. That was the biggest draw for me, being able to change colors is neat, but that's something you do once and forget afterwards.

It also shows pretty useful/QOL information such as detailed turn by turn directions, music, auxillary gauges, etc. I imagine it'll be standard equipment by the next gen, at least on the Premium cars.
As progress goes. Gen 7 probably standard in the line in 2021.:cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered

If they make it standard, hopefully they up date the performance pack gauges in the center of the dash to digital so they match. And get rid of the vacuum gauge and put something more useful in like engine oil temp. The only other thing I didn’t care for with the digital dash is the appearance of a dark cavernous hole in the dash when it’s not active.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Same choice on the ecoboost, but 200A vs 201A. I could go either way with the dash but Showstopper Red requires 201A.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

This was my reason for going with 201A on my EB. I never liked the two big dials splayed apart by the cheap auxiliary screen. The Sport+ gauge setting is almost perfect. It puts the sweet spot of the tach right in the center of the display.

With the digital dash able to present whatever gauges you want, the PP gauges in the dash are kind of pointless. They're way out of your line of sight and I rarely even notice them.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I'm debating all the way from 301A to 401A. Huge price difference obviously (about $4 grand). Advantages of 301A - Cheaper. Cloth seats might prove more comfortable in the long run. I like the leather, but I live in a hot place (almost the surface of the sun hot) and I worry a bit about getting in to the leather on hot days, of which there are many. I like the the digital dash, but it's not a must have for me. The overall interior trim in the 401A is noticeably nicer, as is the leather. I feel like the 401A leather will hold up better to the heat, but you can't get ceramic or tan in 401A which I prefer over black. It seems like the heated/cooled seats have mixed reviews. I keep cars for a long time, so in the long run the $4K price difference will not be a big deal, unless I end up wishing I had cloth for comfort. I really kind of wish they had a 302A, with "nicer" cloth for maybe $1K more, or offered the cloth Recaros with anything other than the PP2. In fact I'm considering the PP2 at least in part to get the Recaros. Yes, somewhat disjointed logic. Don't even get me started on colors.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I'm debating all the way from 301A to 401A. Huge price difference obviously (about $4 grand). Advantages of 301A - Cheaper. Cloth seats might prove more comfortable in the long run. I like the leather, but I live in a hot place (almost the surface of the sun hot) and I worry a bit about getting in to the leather on hot days, of which there are many. I like the the digital dash, but it's not a must have for me. The overall interior trim in the 401A is noticeably nicer, as is the leather. I feel like the 401A leather will hold up better to the heat, but you can't get ceramic or tan in 401A which I prefer over black. It seems like the heated/cooled seats have mixed reviews. I keep cars for a long time, so in the long run the $4K price difference will not be a big deal, unless I end up wishing I had cloth for comfort. I really kind of wish they had a 302A, with "nicer" cloth for maybe $1K more, or offered the cloth Recaros with anything other than the PP2. In fact I'm considering the PP2 at least in part to get the Recaros. Yes, somewhat disjointed logic. Don't even get me started on colors.
I wanted the ceramic so had to do 400a. We also get very hot here but figured that was what remote start was for. :)

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I wanted ceramic until I saw it in person.
The 401A imho is worth every penny and after driving multiple cars w & w/o I'd swear the seats feel different in support. The cooling seat function is titties on a day like today at over 95*
Not to mention all the other standard features of the 401A
I am amazed at how quiet the car is just cruising. The front windshield technology is very apparent. I felt the 401A trumped the active exhaust and because I'm not one of the boy racers on the forum I passed on the mag ride option too. The PP1 capability far exceeds my capabilities and the car is just dam amazing w/o.
This is my 5th mustang and I'm very impressed.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I wanted ceramic until I saw it in person.
Curious what you did not like about the ceramic? I thought it was pretty cool.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Just my opinion. I thought it looked better in photos and Ford's configurator. In person it appeared to be an upkeep challenge, the true color wasn't easy on my eyes and the black surround with it made it unappealing to me. And my interior designer wife hated it...lol
If you like...power to ya. Everyone is entitled to like and purchase what they want.

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
I went with the 400A. While 401A is cool and lots of options, my wife & I both agreed it could be too distracting and more prone to problems. If something messed up with it, I'm sure it's not cheap. So we did 400A in black leather. The only other option we picked was the PP1, which to me, that spoiler makes the car. We're about 3 weeks out, can't wait!

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Just my opinion. I thought it looked better in photos and Ford's configurator. In person it appeared to be an upkeep challenge, the true color wasn't easy on my eyes and the black surround with it made it unappealing to me. And my interior designer wife hated it...lol
If you like...power to ya. Everyone is entitled to like and purchase what they want.
I can understand that. I just really was not a fan of any of the 401a interiors.

Being in SC, a lighter interior is nice during the summer.
Sponsored