Sponsored

4 Years of Ownership

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Really nice to see people holding onto these cars and enjoying them years in. April 2024 will be 3 with my Mach 1 currently at 27K on it...no intention of selling/trading for a long time (knock on wood).
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
thanks I appreciate it. I am also a fan of the Mach 1 as well. I've seen several at my track events and heard nothing but good things. Yes, it would be great to try them all!
Well, suffice to say I donā€™t think there is a single Mach 1 owner that doesnā€™t like the GT350.
Beautiful Shelby.

Whatā€™s the story with the NSX? šŸ‘€
Who cares? LOL. :puke: :cwl:

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Coming up to my first year and I agree 100% with everyone here. Iā€™m still behaving like I just got it. I always find myself yearning to drive it. Cheers!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Monday January 8th marks 4 years of ownership of my Shelby GT350. It's been a great ride both literally and figuratively. I have not owned a wide range of sports cars, so my experience may be skewed a bit, but I have found this to be a most satisfying car in all aspects of ownership. I would love to have the $ and space to experience a Porsche, Ferrari, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Challenger, BMW M series, etc. but I have to say that the feedback from the car community, not just Ford owners, has been very positive and affirming.
Is this car perfect? No, but pretty darn close to perfect for me. The looks are off the charts, never get tired of staring, walking past it, watching my wife pull out of the driveway with it, or looking back after parking it. Interior wise the space, comfort and visibility make it a very livable car for any type of driving. Some say it is a "large" car, especially the hood, but I don't get that sense. My 2016GT with the big hood cowl of the original s550 design did feel a bit large, but this car just seems to shrink around me. I don't get a sense of it being overly massive.
Handling is incredible both on and off the track, plenty of grip and steering response is very good. Maybe I don't push the car to the limit at the track, but it's never felt out of control or at its limit of handling. The brakes are superb and inspire a lot of confidence. The sound is... well.... it's the sound. Hard to describe. The uniqueness of the FPC build created something that may never be duplicated again. Every time I get into the car I have a feeling of nervous excitement and anticipation, almost like I was test driving it for the first time. Pushing the start button and hearing that engine roar to life.... wow... is it spring yet?
It's been a joy to drive in all situations.... errands around town, cruising down a country road with no particular place to go, long road trips down south to Tennessee and Kentucky, or on the track at Road America.

I don't plan on selling this car, but I have learned to say "God willing" in all circumstances as we don't know what life has planned for us.
Right now I am just very grateful to be in a position to own and drive this car.
I also want to thank the Mustang 6g community for your friendship and encouragement during all my seasons of ownership, all the questions, advice, etc.

Remember..
"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby.
DSC_0001 2.jpg
One of the best posts I have seen in my years at 6G. Well put.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
One of the best posts I have seen in my years at 6G. Well put.
Thanks... that is high praise coming from one of the long time members here on 6g!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Former 911 (992CS convertible) owner. There's no way in hell you can say no to that V8 sound. Was the 911 a way better car with better lap times and all that jazz? absolutely! Was it fun and gave you an eargasm every time you touched the gas pedal? Absolutely not šŸ¤£
3y of ownership, 60.000km on the odometer, zero issues so far (knock on wood):

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 10.57.20ā€ÆAM.png
Speaking of "Eargasm's"... 2 minutes 10 seconds into this review..

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
Speaking of "Eargasm's"... 2 minutes 10 seconds into this review..
The high pitched V8 sound is really not to my liking at all. My ears consider it pure garbage. Could just as well be because I've never heard a Shelby in real life and the mic/speaker/headphones doesn't do it justice. I much more prefer the Bullitt low and grunty soundtrack because, to me, it's much more reminiscent of the way the old V8s sounded way back when (think '68 Mustang).

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The high pitched V8 sound is really not to my liking at all. My ears consider it pure garbage. Could just as well be because I've never heard a Shelby in real life and the mic/speaker/headphones doesn't do it justice. I much more prefer the Bullitt low and grunty soundtrack because, to me, it's much more reminiscent of the way the old V8s sounded way back when (think '68 Mustang).
Due to the "altered" FPC engine (firing order changes, single intake plenum, headers, etc) the 350 sounds somewhere between the deep muscle car v8 and an exotic.
I've seen/heard muscle cars, including Mustangs with the high pitched or really loud exhaust and they are not to my liking either. The Bullitt sounds great and has the deep sound, the shelby is a bit more raspy, but still retains the muscle car feel. It's hard to describe unless you've heard it in person.. the videos don't do it justice.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Itā€™s definitely one of those that you have to hear in person, sound clips donā€™t do it justice. To my ear, when driving, itā€™s got an almost NASCAR sound to it. I think itā€™s one of those either you like it or you donā€™t, I donā€™t think too many people are on the fence about how it sounds. All the S550 V8ā€™s sound great to me and they all sound a little different in stock form which I like. Makes them all a little unique (among other features).

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here is a sound clip that I believe does it justice:

That is a really good video that captures the sound well. High quality camera for sure.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here is a sound clip that I believe does it justice:

This one isnā€™t as good sound quality wise, but itā€™s got that NASCAR/race car sound

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Bought my 2016 Tech Pack in 12/19 with 7.5k miles on it. Currently has about 27k miles on it. The car rocks!
Sponsored