Sponsored

3D Printed Parts

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I just ordered a 3D printer for my wife's art business, but i had an idea. There are tons of people out there with awesome ideas for new custom car parts. So i out the challenge out to you here at mustang6g. Lets come up with some cool parts that can be printed.

I will only design and print the parts i am interested in, but if you have an idea and you would like to design one and send me the file to be printed, we can work out a deal and i will send you your custom parts. Lets see what you guys have!

One print can be 11"x10"x8". Parts can be glued together after printing, but this will really mess with tolerances.

Let me know what you guys think. My mind goes straight to gauge pods, badges, and various custom interior panels.
Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I'd like to see shallower more modern looking gauge bezels. Not a fan of the chrome, deep, bezels that come factory. They also feel very cheap. Sub'd.

TheColorRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red v6
couple of things

1. You would need a bigger printer for many of the car parts.

2. Did you know that there is a company making 3D printers that prints carbon fiber. Yup...the gun guys are already all over this.

But yeah...we need to start somewhere is this is a great first step.

sndofprogress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT pp
Man, I wish I had my own 3d printer! The hardest part would be getting the parts cadded up. I've got a few things in mind. Once my schedule calms down a bit, I might get in touch with you.

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
couple of things

2. Did you know that there is a company making 3D printers that prints carbon fiber. Yup...the gun guys are already all over this.

But yeah...we need to start somewhere is this is a great first step.
Ya i know for large things like entire dash bezels and hood scoops and stuff you would, but this is one of the largest you can get for less than a few grand.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, I wish I had my own 3d printer! The hardest part would be getting the parts cadded up. I've got a few things in mind. Once my schedule calms down a bit, I might get in touch with you.
Ya just hit me up. Im gonna work with cad and some 3d scanner programs to try to make replicas then modify them.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I would like some mustang running horse badges just big enough to cover the alignment holes left by removing the GT fender emblems.

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can get a 3D file of the horse i can print whatever size you need

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
I think it would really be cool to have a hard case for the fob. You flip it or slide it out of the case when you need it and flip it back in to protect. This way when you put it in your pocket you don't set off the alarm when taking your luggage from the trunk.
Ya, I happen twice to me already.

TheColorRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red v6
I think it would really be cool to have a hard case for the fob. You flip it or slide it out of the case when you need it and flip it back in to protect. This way when you put it in your pocket you don't set off the alarm when taking your luggage from the trunk.
Yeah...the button on the key fob getting easily pressed in the pocket. Poor design? I just let in hang on the outside now.

The key fob is rather thick...wish it was slimmer.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I'd like to see shallower more modern looking gauge bezels. Not a fan of the chrome, deep, bezels that come factory. They also feel very cheap. Sub'd.
I second this.

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
couple of things

You can actually print very large items using a small printer. You just have to print items in pieces and assemble them.

Sometimes this is a smarter way to print items even in a larger printer, it reduces the chances of the printer messing up the print. Also if it does mess up it's on a section that would take an hour to print vs the entire project which would take 6 hours.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
+1 I've embarrassingly set my alarm off more than once. Its annoying.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Do you think you would be able to print custom emblems? Had an idea for one but lack the 3d printer.

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Is it possible to make rocket winglets kind of like the roush one on a 3D printer?
Sponsored