Sponsored

25mm spacers on PP wheels

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
Matt Did you have to replace or cut wheel studs to run 20mm spacers with pp wheels?
Sponsored

OP
OP
fstenuf

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I was about to buy some the other day but searched on Youtube and watched a few videos of people who had the same issue you're having. Too bad because the PP wheels look good when the offset is flush. Hopefully if all goes well I will be picking up a set of 20" Velgen VMB8's instead, trading off the PP wheels.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Matt Did you have to replace or cut wheel studs to run 20mm spacers with pp wheels?
I want to know this too. The only reason I went with 25mm in the back was not to cut/replace my stock studs

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
To everyone askin if I had to cut...initially I thought NO. I bolted them up, looked like the clearances spots on the back of the wheels would clear the original studs so I bolted the wheels up and went on my merry way. Noticed a slight, and I mean SLIGHT vibration at 80mph and faster. Took a wheel off and saw that the original studs had left marks in the back of the wheels. So it looks like, in my case at least, the 20mm and PP wheels DO NOT clear the stock studs. It wont take much to make them clear and the stock studs are plenty long enough to shave/cut off the needed amount to make them clear without causing issues down the road if you were to go back to stock so Im gonna go that route some time this week.

Matt

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah it's been beaten to death already....the PP wheels CANNOT run 20mm spacers without shaving/cutting the lugs. I cut my rear lugs to install 20mm and then decided it wasn't worth it to do it to the front. Ended up with 25mm fronts and it worked out perfectly.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Yeah it's been beaten to death already....the PP wheels CANNOT run 20mm spacers without shaving/cutting the lugs. I cut my rear lugs to install 20mm and then decided it wasn't worth it to do it to the front. Ended up with 25mm fronts and it worked out perfectly.
Post up a pic with your staggered spacer setup please.

I went ahead and cut mine last night. Was a pain but not impossible. DONT SIT YOUR KNEE DOWN ON THE HOT CUTOFF PIECES ON THE GROUND :lol:

Heres the fruits of my labor :cheers:

The rear is ever so slightly more tucked in than before, which Im happy about but the fronts are close to being too far in which is why Im debating picking up some 25mm for the front to try out. I took it out on the highway last night when I finished up to check for vibration and try to re-bed these squeaky assed brakes and didnt have any issues so all is well again!

Matt

OP
OP
fstenuf

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Damn it! Now I don't know what to do. The 20's do look fine in the back but I wonder if i should lower the car and use that subframe alignment kit w/ the 25's and see what it looks like first.

I did end up buying 4 20mm's...so I could use the 20mm's on the back with the alignment kit and leave the 25's on the front.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
If I had both available Ide mix and match until I was happy. I really wont know till I lower mine but its much better than before as it sits so Ill be happy for the time being!

Matt

Sponsored

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Heres mine Eibach 25mm all around
IMG_0230.jpg

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
25mm all around. Factory springs.
that yellow looks so good. reminds me of my yellow honda s2000. i had same black and yellow theme.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
25mm looks good on both of yalls cars. DAMN AV80R...I wish my factory springs looked that good, Ide mark lowering springs off my list and Ide move on!!!

Matt

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
25mm all the way around. IF I had to do it all over again, I would have worked harder to find 23mm for the rear only. Otherwise, I'm happy overall. I only wish the sidewalls didn't poke as much.

Sponsored