22 S550 Tracking Thread

Fedj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 SVO, 1995 Mstng GT, 2020 Edge ST, 22 Mstng GT
Woot! No email yet but my bce posted yesterday and my tracker updated to “built” 10/26 when i checked this morning. No email yet.
4F160621-3833-4C61-B1BD-5D174F0D2840.png
Sponsored

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Anyone get a build date yet for your MY23? Nothing here so far....Hoping to get scheduled today but also know the reality after months of this endless cycle ;o)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyone get a build date yet for your MY23? Nothing here so far....Hoping to get scheduled today but also know the reality after months of this endless cycle ;o)
It’s early yet. Emails should start coming out in the next couple hours if they schedule anything today. Good luck!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
not yet at least. Might be a week behind since they were a week behind in posting the scheduling dates.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
Well tommorow is the beginning of the 1st delivery window. The tracker still says shipped and FP told me the same thing they said on the 19th that it is" shipped by railcar in newboston, mi". So idk whats going to happen... ugg this is the worst part of the whole thing knowing its shipped. The multitude of horror stories in this thread alone on shipping has made me cringe everytime i check the tracker
My car was shipped on the 17th and now seems to be stuck at a junction in Salem, IL where it has been since the 21st. Arrg.

Sponsored

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
7.5 months since my order.

2 months since my blend date.

24 days since my official “Built” email.

Car is fully released for shipping per FP, zero issues at all. Every ETA they give me just passes without fail. Those are totally worthless

United Road tracker now shows “cancelled” when I login to their tracker and search the VIN.

This saga will never end and I’m done posting here because I’m sure everyone is tired of my bitching. I’m convinced my car doesn’t exist. It’s a figment of both my and Ford’s imagination. I’ve twiddled my thumbs for 2/3rds of a year for nothing. Fucking joke. I’d have been fired from my job months ago if I ever displayed this much gross negligence.

Good luck to the rest of you, and I’m sorry you fell into the same trap I did. Hope you all have better results and a smoother process, although I don’t believe either of those things exist when Ford Motor Co is involved.

This car is now just a burden. Couldn’t be less excited. Swallowing 2% worse interest rate because Ford can’t make a car go 7.5 hours in 2 months. Truly unbelievable. I’d have picked it up from Flat Rock myself and pushed it home a month ago if they’d let me.

And the best part? The dealer is just as in the dark as I am!
I'm in the same boat. I ordered my Mustang on March 26th, blend 9/26, shipped 10/17 and now stuck in Salem, IL at the junction between Canadian National and Union Pacific. Dealer is clueless and salesman could care less. I've been told that the dealership will guarantee 0.9% since that was the rate when I placed the order.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Just got my scheduling email at 11:03a. To be built week of 12/12. But the one most important thing I’ve learned from being here is to not hold my on anything Ford says.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Hopefully soon and hopefully you’ll have some great cruising weather! It is snowing at my house at 8,500 feet. I think my top-down cruising days are over for a while!! I know these delays suck, but I think you will love it when it arrives!
My car was shipped on the 17th and now seems to be stuck at a junction in Salem, IL where it has been since the 21st. Arrg.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Just got my scheduling email at 11:03a. To be built week of 12/12. But the one most important thing I’ve learned from being here is to not hold my on anything Ford says.
Congrats! Better than last time for you. I got nothing. I'm about to throw in the towel on this. Hope you actually get built! Fingers crossed. I'm going to start looking for a used GT I think.

ironsides

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Ford fiesta
For anyone who is going to give up on their order, i noticed ourisman ford had like 80 mustangs in stock last week with a lot of discounted ones also

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Better than last time for you. I got nothing. I'm about to throw in the towel on this. Hope you actually get built! Fingers crossed. I'm going to start looking for a used GT I think.
I'm beginning to think it’s how we want them built causing the problems. On my MY22 build I wanted basically the same as my current build but it had the Black accent pkg and the 3.55. On this one I eliminated the 3.55LS and the Nite Pony Pkg and went with a high vol dealer and have been lucky enough to get scheduled, so I’m way ahead of my previous try. I was looking at used GT’s while I was waiting for the initial dates to be release but I couldn‘t bring myself to pull the trigger on a 21 that was almost as much as my 23 is costing me. Had a dealer offer me a 22 at invoice and rave about how good a deal that was for me. Told him I could get a 23 @2.5% back of invoice and he said that was impossible. I just laughed. You may have to consider going with a high vol dealer like Ourisman out of VA. Contact [email protected] One of the better guys for sure.

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
My 23 has the 3.55LS but not the Nite Pony and got the scheduling email today. Maybe that’s something. Maybe just random. Maybe timing.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I’m beginnng to think it’s the Nite Pony/Black Accent pkg causing many of the problems but I will never be able to prove it.. purplehaze and I both had MY22’s orders with those packages and neither one were scheduled. Now I dropped that pkg and have been scheduled and purplehaze kept theirs and didn’t get scheduled. Could be coincidence but who knows? Wasn’t a heavy believer that the 3.55 was causing it but I decided I wasn’t worried about getting from light to light the fastest and this new ride will never see a track so it was just a useless option for me. Hard to nail the variables down as far as ordering goes because not everyone post a signature with their build in it. Now let’s hope there are no more chip or other supply chain shortages in the near term future.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone who is going to give up on their order, i noticed ourisman ford had like 80 mustangs in stock last week with a lot of discounted ones also
and Koons has 90'ish and has resumed marking them down 7% under MSRP (>2% under Invoice). So by all means play them off against each other. I know you'll not get any better service than Jason@Ourisman, but I'm slightly biased. :)

Ted Britt used to write good deals too but it's taking them a while to warm up to having to give discounts again.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Anyone able to tell me if this means it’s just moved to a rail yard near flat rock or it may be at the docks at Baltimore? I will email FP this evening to get an update overnight. I’m going to assume it’s just a rail yard as the car was only build on the 17th with gate release on the 18th.

447350FF-16F8-4E08-8766-EF46BD9A86DE.png

33A5E4EF-FBEE-4974-BA79-2FBF78D0B928.png
Sponsored