22 S550 Tracking Thread

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
You can send your order code along with the dealer code to Ford performance, they will let you know the status of scheduling. The codes will be on your order form.
Example: If you are unscheduled-clean, you should get a VIN soon.

Anthony at Ford is great and quick to reply: [email protected]

Good luck
Thanks. You were right. He is responsive. But could only offer that I’m unscheduled. Browsing the forums here seems no one is scheduled yet for 23.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Thanks. You were right. He is responsive. But could only offer that I’m unscheduled. Browsing the forums here seems no one is scheduled yet for 23.
Glad he was able to help, I didn't realize you are a 23 order. Depending on when they are going to start 23 production, it could be next month when you get scheduled.

The process is slow, and has no rhyme or reason on who gets a scheduled date and VIN. Keep checking with Anthony every few weeks, or when you see others getting their VIN's.

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
no one has been scheduled for 23 yet because Ford missed the 10/20 first scheduling date because of “extended dressing week”, whatever in the heck that means. Hopefully 4 scheduled weeks will show tomorrow and email notifications will go out Thursday. There’s a good chance you will be in the first batch provided they have all the parts necessary and you didn’t order something like a vert or a special package like a cs, etc. Those types of orders seem to be batched together and take longer to get scheduled.

Last edited:

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
no one has been scheduled for 23 yet because Ford missed the 10/20 first scheduling date because of “extended dressing week”, whatever in the heck that means. Hopefully 4 scheduled weeks will show tomorrow and email notifications will go out Thursday. There’s a good chance you will be in the first batch provided they have all the parts necessary and you didn’t order something like a vert or a special package like a cs, etc. Those types of orders seem to be batched together and take longer to get scheduled.
Thanks. Was wondering about the date. Ordered a HPP and the cutoff for that is 11/15 per order guide. So wonder if I shouldn’t expect scheduling until after that date.

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Thanks. Was wondering about the date. Ordered a HPP and the cutoff for that is 11/15 per order guide. So wonder if I shouldn’t expect scheduling until after that date.
what should be released tomorrow for scheduling first would normally be the weeks of 11/28, 12/5, 12/12 & 12/19. Factory is closed week of 12/26. Normally would be the operative word in that sentence. With Ford I have found there is no normal. I would think The HPP may fall into the specialized category like the some of the others. Hopefully you will know by Thursday if you get an email. GL

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
A reminder in the scheduling — it is a process that takes about a week. The following has proven to be pretty reliable process in the past.

For the week of scheduling:
Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Regional Scheduler issues a notice informing Dealers of the vehicle specifications available for scheduling for orders not already showing on the AM Preview Report. This provides Dealers with information on what vehicle specifications are available for scheduling should they have orders showing on the AM Preview Report that are not what the Dealer wants.

Ford generates what are called “SIMS Orders” each week which are Ford’s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that don’t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders.

Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month. A Dealer can accept the suggested allocation per vehicle line or change their commitment. Should a Dealer want more allocation than offered for a vehicle line, they can submit a request for supplemental allocation which will be considered based on total allocation available and commitments from other Dealers in their Zone. There are times when Dealers accept less allocation than offered for a vehicle line which makes that allocation available to other Dealers that may be looking for additional inventory. At other times, a Dealer may want more allocation for a vehicle line than Ford has offered. A supplemental allocation request is how Dealers can get allocation for extra inventory.

A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesn’t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they don’t have scheduling allocation, it’s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code “01” which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesn’t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation.

Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings for allocation scheduled on Thursday.

With only a few exceptions (Focus RS, EcoSport, Transit Connect) VIN numbers are generated at the time that an order is “Submitted to Plant” for scheduling. The initial scheduling information will show an order scheduled for a production week. Afterwards, the information will be updated to show production for a particular date. Along the process, the vehicle order status information will be updated along with the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the dealership.

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
End of week update after chatting with FP — my B.B. is still stuck up in South Carolina, about two hours from me at this point:

B0AE3BE4-414F-4C5D-92EA-81D98A33C5DB.jpeg

So she won’t be arriving early but she’s also not technically late just yet! Convoy will be her last leg of the trip to me, hopefully this week. 🤞

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
hopefully we will start getting scheduling emails this Thursday.
Ok, let's get scheduled! Fingers crossed for all of us, especially my non-built 22 friends. They owe us!

Sponsored

TMustang66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang GT, 22 GT/CS Convertible
Today's the day! Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge and experience and hoping for a quick delivery for all those still waiting.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
Hopefully SOON SOON SOON! But, just in time for your best convertible months!!
FP chat (once I figured out how to connect) let me know that the car's last location was somewhere in Illinois yesterday. Still have a delivery date of Nov 11 - 17, but I'm hoping that the car is delivered earlier.

PonyLance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium Convertible
My '22 GT vert was "shipped" a couple days ago. Does anybody know if there is a way to track the train my Mustang is on?

Sking1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2022 Mustang GT/CS
I got my built email today!!!

A166F8CD-F9CE-4D70-A0F6-682D2443969A.jpeg

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Questions. I contacted several dealers about a 23 order. All demonstrated various levels of not really wanting to work with me. I did get one order confirmed. Now 2nd dealer sending me buyers order. No deposit. Do I sign that one also? Not sure if this is a red flag but this dealer sent me a full blown buyers order to sign as if car was on the lot. I don’t think I should sign something that binds me to car unseen.
Sponsored