22 S550 Tracking Thread

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Yes, they work the scheduling M-W and normally put out the notifications on Thursday. See process:

Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Regional Scheduler issues a notice informing Dealers of the vehicle specifications available for scheduling for orders not already showing on the AM Preview Report. This provides Dealers with information on what vehicle specifications are available for scheduling should they have orders showing on the AM Preview Report that are not what the Dealer wants.

Ford generates what are called “SIMS Orders” each week which are Ford’s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that don’t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders.

Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month. A Dealer can accept the suggested allocation per vehicle line or change their commitment. Should a Dealer want more allocation than offered for a vehicle line, they can submit a request for supplemental allocation which will be considered based on total allocation available and commitments from other Dealers in their Zone. There are times when Dealers accept less allocation than offered for a vehicle line which makes that allocation available to other Dealers that may be looking for additional inventory. At other times, a Dealer may want more allocation for a vehicle line than Ford has offered. A supplemental allocation request is how Dealers can get allocation for extra inventory.

A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesn’t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they don’t have scheduling allocation, it’s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code “01” which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesn’t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation.

Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings for allocation scheduled on Thursday.

With only a few exceptions (Focus RS, EcoSport, Transit Connect) VIN numbers are generated at the time that an order is “Submitted to Plant” for scheduling. The initial scheduling information will show an order scheduled for a production week. Afterwards, the information will be updated to show production for a particular date. Along the process, the vehicle order status information will be updated along with the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the dealership.

How does that work? They schedule the 4 weeks of October builds next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then on Thursday push the emails out? I guess what i'm asking is does everyone who gets scheduled get emails on the same day or does it take a few days or weeks to email everyone?
Sponsored

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
As of 4pm yesterday my car arrived at the Rolla Railyard in Commerce City (Denver), Colorado. Yippee! The rail journey is over and the car is now less than 100 miles from my dealer in Colorado Springs. Hope it gets a quick truck ride!!

Hopefully early next week it will find its new home!!! đŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€ž
I'm in a similar boat! My Mustang arrived at Twin Oaks, PA which is close to dealer. My ETA also updated to this week

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Yes, they work the scheduling M-W and normally put out the notifications on Thursday. See process:

Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Regional Scheduler issues a notice informing Dealers of the vehicle specifications available for scheduling for orders not already showing on the AM Preview Report. This provides Dealers with information on what vehicle specifications are available for scheduling should they have orders showing on the AM Preview Report that are not what the Dealer wants.

Ford generates what are called “SIMS Orders” each week which are Ford’s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that don’t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders.

Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month. A Dealer can accept the suggested allocation per vehicle line or change their commitment. Should a Dealer want more allocation than offered for a vehicle line, they can submit a request for supplemental allocation which will be considered based on total allocation available and commitments from other Dealers in their Zone. There are times when Dealers accept less allocation than offered for a vehicle line which makes that allocation available to other Dealers that may be looking for additional inventory. At other times, a Dealer may want more allocation for a vehicle line than Ford has offered. A supplemental allocation request is how Dealers can get allocation for extra inventory.

A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesn’t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they don’t have scheduling allocation, it’s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code “01” which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesn’t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation.

Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings for allocation scheduled on Thursday.

With only a few exceptions (Focus RS, EcoSport, Transit Connect) VIN numbers are generated at the time that an order is “Submitted to Plant” for scheduling. The initial scheduling information will show an order scheduled for a production week. Afterwards, the information will be updated to show production for a particular date. Along the process, the vehicle order status information will be updated along with the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the dealership.
An exceptional explanation of the process!
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
I’m not the originator, but have kept info from knowledgeable individuals on a couple of forums. This is from a Ford employee.
Best I've seen so far. I am looking forward to sharing my newly found knowledge with my local sales manager to see how he responds. Perhaps he'll quit blowing smoke up my shorts and get me moved up on the list.

Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
So many dealers and sales folks don’t seem to care, or the goal is to keep us in the dark — it really amazes me. With just a little work they could really be keeping their customers informed. But, perhaps the system is so screwed up and so biased towards certain dealers that they really don’t want customers to understand — customers could get really frustrated if they had good insights!!!
Best I've seen so far. I am looking forward to sharing my newly found knowledge with my local sales manager to see how he responds. Perhaps he'll quit blowing smoke up my shorts and get me moved up on the list.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I live a couple miles from Flat Rock, cut through the plant on my home this morning, I should have taken a picture, but there had to have been a thousand new Mustangs parked in their lots.

I'm assuming waiting for certain components, and some nice ones too, which makes sense as those are the most complex.

Mr X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I live a couple miles from Flat Rock, cut through the plant on my home this morning, I should have taken a picture, but there had to have been a thousand new Mustangs parked in their lots.

I'm assuming waiting for certain components, and some nice ones too, which makes sense as those are the most complex.
I assume the lot is uncovered. One hailstorm will result in a lot of damage.

Sponsored

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
My car has been delivered to my dealer according to the Ford tracker. We are getting close
very, very close!!!

PNG image.png

PNG image 2.png
I can't wait to see your pics!

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
It arrived at the Railyard in Denver Thursday at 4:15pm. Trucked to the dealer in Colorado Springs yesterday evening. Salesman told me the PDI will be done Monday, so I’ll probably pick it up Tuesday morning. đŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€ž

If all works out, I have a little trip planned to SW Colorado on Wed-Fri. Lots of pictures planned!! đŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€ž

Hope yours arrives soon!
I can't wait to see your pics!

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I’d guess that’s probably the norm since they crank out about 500 a day.

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium

This forum has such a fabulous wealth of knowledge — I love it! I feel so fortunate to have found you all because I’m pretty sure I know more than the dealers I’ve worked with thus far lol thank you for sharing what you’ve learned/saved with all of us!

I especially appreciate the weekly scheduling predictions you’ve provided. It really is looking like I may get my production date email on my birthday next weekâ€ŠđŸ€ž

I’ll have to keep you guys posted because I will absolutely flip out if it happens! 😂
Sponsored