Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

Scooby4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT
I just received notification that the dealership has received my mustang. :like:
6/25 - Shipped with ETA of 7/29
6/13 - built
4/17 - received build date
3/28 - order confirmation
3/23 - placed order

GT vert 401A PP Atlas 6 speed

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
So I know there are a lot of people here who have had zero communication from Ford and trying to get info from the dealer has been a struggle I am glad to say I am not one of. those people. Every week I get an update from my dealer.
E0C84D42-1F17-4CFF-B28A-945D7A13D83A.jpeg

BOOMAN302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang LX Hatchback 5.0
Hello All,

First time on a message board in over 10 years. I just ordered a 22 GT premium atlas blue, 10r80, black out pkg w/ active exhaust on June 30th. I got my order confirmation email that day. I read that Flat Rock is down until next week. Just seeing if anyone else has ordered around the same time as me and gotten any updates.

marshdabeachy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Premium
Hello All,

First time on a message board in over 10 years. I just ordered a 22 GT premium atlas blue, 10r80, black out pkg w/ active exhaust on June 30th. I got my order confirmation email that day. I read that Flat Rock is down until next week. Just seeing if anyone else has ordered around the same time as me and gotten any updates.
I ordered a little over a month ahead of you and am scheduled to be built Aug 15th. Antidotal but it feels like production has sped up recently compared to earlier this year. You're probably looking at a Sept-Oct build date.

Sponsored

BOOMAN302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a little over a month ahead of you and am scheduled to be built Aug 15th. Antidotal but it feels like production has sped up recently compared to earlier this year. You're probably looking at a Sept-Oct build date.
How long after you got your order confirmation email did you get your vehicle in production email?

marshdabeachy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Premium
How long after you got your order confirmation email did you get your vehicle in production email?
Dates are in my signature but was a little over a month.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Hello All,

Tomorrow makes 8 weeks... Still no build date... :crying:

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

TMustang66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang GT, 22 GT/CS Convertible
Hello All,

Ordered on 6/17 just ahead of you but I have not heard anything. After reviewing this message board I assume it may take a while.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Same. @BOOMAN302 if you read this whole thread, you'll see that patience is the name of the game here.
Yah... but it sucks when you see some people getting build dates in less days than you have weeks. Happy for them and it gives hope that maybe the constraints are loostening a bit, but it still hurts...

I think that the issue that is slowing me down is the tiny dealership that I used for my order. As of 8:15 CST They literally have only 17 new vehicles on their lot. 3 of those are 2021s and 5 more are either so new that they don't have pictures of them yet ot they are in transit...

Allocation is a thing and I believe that it is working against me. If it wasn't for the $500 deposit I would lose, I probably would have cancelled and gone with one of the dealership sponsors on this board for my order as they seem to be getting things rolling much quicker.

The other pain point for me is the fact that the dealership is miserable at communication. Emails take days to respond to, if they do at all. They are just a terrible dealership.

Last edited:

BOOMAN302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Me too, the initial excitement of my first Mustang that is ordered to my liking is a first, I'm sure it will fade a bit, guess I'll have to make do with my 91 foxbody

SpursTedLasso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium, PP & Magneride
F554F88A-2093-43D5-AE93-A882FCF4A110.jpeg

I too got the ridiculous “45 day“ email the Friday before the 4th weekend. Was so excited to see Ford Motor Co pop up in my inbox, only to be completely cucked when I opened.

Anyways, dealer sent this over yesterday from their order viewing system. I’m the priority 2 now… started as a priority 10. In the past I’ve said this meant nothing, but I think once you’re below 10 it may actually matter? Absolutely praying this means I’ll get picked up for September at the end of this month. This process has been miserable to say the least.

Jeff22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Same. @BOOMAN302 if you read this whole thread, you'll see that patience is the name of the game here.
I ordered mine back in November 2021. I got my build date beginning of June. (July 26th). Patience is key here lol
Sponsored