Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was SOOOOO excited to see an email from Ford today. Turns out it's the S.O.L. 45 day email... More waiting for me... :crying:
I also got the 45 day email tonight.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

JSracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150; 2005 GTO
Just picked it up.

1/24 order. 6/4 blend date. 6/16 shipped. Got to dealership last Saturday.

Had to beg and plead to pick it up ASAP because Im leaving for an extended work trip tomorrow---if i didnt pick it up today I would have been back way after their deadline. So just one night together for now. Chapman was great to work with.
Car looks good, nice options.

I ordered a Mach 1 from Chapman, arrived last week as well. They sent me an initial email about the price and other stuff. Haven't heard back from them since. They said they were busy with all of the orders they just received.
Sounds like you got lucky or at least they were nice enough to push your purchase through.

Good luck with the car and enjoy.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Got my ETA today: Sept. 1st -7th

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Car looks good, nice options.

I ordered a Mach 1 from Chapman, arrived last week as well. They sent me an initial email about the price and other stuff. Haven't heard back from them since. They said they were busy with all of the orders they just received.
Sounds like you got lucky or at least they were nice enough to push your purchase through.

Good luck with the car and enjoy.
Thanks. Yeah, I got the initial email saying to respond to them and they will let you known when it is ready, and the email says the car needs to be picked up within 14 days of initial contact. I'm going to be out of the country long after that so I called them and became kind of a pest until they were nice enough to find a little time for me. Really nice and helpful when I arrived.

Apparently plenty of people order cars with them and then ghost when they arrive, so the 14 day limit allows them to list the cars as dealer stock if there's no response. There seems to be quite a backlog there.

There was a GB M1 in the showroom, didn't see any others. A few green GTs that looked sharp.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sking1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2022 Mustang GT/CS
As expected there is no scheduling next week for Mustang. šŸ¤žfor the week after!

507F2358-DCEA-4103-A9FC-E82B6BB70EA8.jpeg

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
As expected there is no scheduling next week for Mustang. šŸ¤žfor the week after!

507F2358-DCEA-4103-A9FC-E82B6BB70EA8.jpeg
Expected... However I am hopeful that deliveries are going to keep coming in allowing them to build a stockpile of parts so that we all get our build dates... šŸ¤ž

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yes. There was a cutoff date of mid-April; all orders placed before mid-April received price protection.
Yeah Iā€™m glad I had the original sheet (from 2/3/2022) because today when I picked up mine they were going to sneak in the new msrp. I said wait a minute and showed the old one. First thing they said was they would file a claim with Ford while I paid the new price and likely Ford would cut a check which they would give back to me. In a matter of minutes they changed their tune and honored the old sheet which was 2000 less on a non HP Mach1. Sheā€™s home now :-)

The Ford dealer in Tampa here was first class. Appreciated it.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm glad things worked out. It's unfortunate so often the burden is on us to clarify matters such as these.

Once Skye's build date had been secured, I volleyed an e-mail to my salesman, asking if the dealer supported price protection. They later confirmed yes, with a dollar amount.

I'm grateful I was able to draw on the experiences and information from everyone here to confirm my status so it would not become an issue. :handsinair: Makes me wanna testify!

DCloak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I took delivery today! Here's my tracking info. I hope you get yours sooner than I did. Like others said regarding Atlas blue, pictures don't do it justice.

Timeline (20 weeks)

Build specs: 2022 Mustang GT, Atlas Blue, Manual, 301A, Black Accent Package, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Spare Tire.

2/19/22 - Placed order at a small dealership where I bought my last several vehicles from. Received printed confirmation receipt. Priority code 19. Received confirmation email from Ford while I was at the dealership. The sales guy wouldn't commit to an ETA but thought I should have it by the summer.

4/7/22 - Received email from Ford: "Thanks again for placing your 2022 Mustang GT order. While we've been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we've run into a few delays... "

4/21/22: Received email from Ford that the vehicle is scheduled for production on the week of 6/13. Received the VIN.

6/8/22: Window sticker is available. Blend date: 6/15. 360th out of 376 scheduled cars.

6/16/22: BCE modules and Ford SYNC system are online as of late morning.

6/17/22: Received email from Ford that the vehicle is built. ETA for delivery to dealership is between 7/12 and 7/18.

6/18/22: Received email from Ford that vehicle is shipped. ETA remains the same.

7/5/22: Received call from dealership that the car has arrived and will need to be prepped.

7/8/22: Took delivery of the vehicle.

First Day of new Mustang 7-8-22.jpg

Sponsored

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
E8FAF396-E919-4200-A7CD-4E9783EEBB55.jpeg

hi fam, update:

Ordered April 7th and dealer received July 7, not a bad turnaround time.

Unfortunately I did not purchase my order and let the dealer keep it! My salesman said the employees were all checking it out. Car looks extremely nice in person, the glossy black accents really set it off. After I released it my salesman literally handed the keys to an employee who wanted to buy it.

The reason is during my wait I kind of fell out of love with the car. Iā€™m still fairly young and still getting established and have a wedding coming up in a few months. I can afford the payment but itā€™s an amount that I am not comfortable paying at this time. Had this car been on the lot in April, Iā€™d probably be driving it right now.

edit: I do give props to the ford dealer for shaving off some of the price and lowering the finance rates. I honestly do feel they made an attempt to keep me knowing they could mark it up, or in this case let their employee buy it.

I hope I can rejoin the Mustang family someday in the future <3

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
E8FAF396-E919-4200-A7CD-4E9783EEBB55.jpeg

hi fam, update:

Ordered April 7th and dealer received July 7, not a bad turnaround time.

Unfortunately I did not purchase my order and let the dealer keep it! My salesman said the employees were all checking it out. Car looks extremely nice in person, the glossy black accents really set it off. After I released it my salesman literally handed the keys to an employee who wanted to buy it.

The reason is during my wait I kind of fell out of love with the car. Iā€™m still fairly young and still getting established and have a wedding coming up in a few months. I can afford the payment but itā€™s an amount that I am not comfortable paying at this time. Had this car been on the lot in April, Iā€™d probably be driving it right now.

edit: I do give props to the ford dealer for shaving off some of the price and lowering the finance rates. I honestly do feel they made an attempt to keep me knowing they could mark it up, or in this case let their employee buy it.

I hope I can rejoin the Mustang family someday in the future <3
Your discipline is commendable. I hope your marriage lasts longer than any of your cars!

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Your discipline is commendable. I hope your marriage lasts longer than any of your cars!
I hope so lol!

I know I made the right decision financially at this point in my life but I am still a bit upset. Iā€™ve always loved Mustangs. Itā€™s still my dream car.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Another rookie error (keeping loose things in the trunk on a RSD car), another save by the claw!

I've GOT to stop doing this s#@% !

Decades from now when trying to sell the car..."There certainly seem to be a lot of rattles coming from inside the car. What's up with that?" Defense response, "Nothing. It's sounded like that since the day I picked her up!"

claw saved me 2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: