Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Tool sections in stores are dangerous. It's like how lures attract fish. You see something and you know you don't need it, but you want it anyway, becuase, well, it's cool.

While I'm familiar with Mustangs, Skye is the first I've owned. One pitfall in the design of the car is the engine compartment. In my truck, if you drop something, is stays in the engine bay and often makes it to the floor. Under the hood of the Mustang, there's a gap in-between the engine bay, wheel well and fender. It's like a black hole that sucks anything into it, lodging the item in-between the fender and the well.

Yesterday, I lost a small clip. Today I lost a pair of wire cutters. See photo...years ago I bought a mechanical claw (because it was cool) and stowed it with the rest of my tools. Attaching a piece of wire to the tool and the car (so I didn't lose the tool, LOL), I was able to recover the cutters.

Pro Tip: if you don't own one, go out and buy a claw. And once the hood is open, if working, stuff a towel or piece of foam in the gap so you don't do what I did.

If for some reason you can't recover the item, the wheel wells are attached at the bottom with fasteners. If you have to, you can pop those and reach in with your hand.

the claw.jpg
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Tool sections in stores are dangerous. It's like how lures attract fish. You see something and you know you don't need it, but you want it anyway, becuase, well, it's cool.

While I'm familiar with Mustangs, Skye is the first I've owned. One pitfall in the design of the car is the engine compartment. In my truck, if you drop something, is stays in the engine bay and often makes it to the floor. Under the hood of the Mustang, there's a gap in-between the engine bay, wheel well and fender. It's like a black hole that sucks anything into it, lodging the item in-between the fender and the well.

Yesterday, I lost a small clip. Today I lost a pair of wire cutters. See photo...years ago I bought a mechanical claw (because it was cool) and stowed it with the rest of my tools. Attaching a piece of wire to the tool and the car (so I didn't lose the tool, LOL), I was able to recover the cutters.

Pro Tip: if you don't own one, go out and buy a claw. And once the hood is open, if working, stuff a towel or piece of foam in the gap so you don't do what I did.

If for some reason you can't recover the item, the wheel wells are attached at the bottom with fasteners. If you have to, you can pop those and reach in with your hand.

the claw.jpg
Get yourself a fender gripper. Will save a lot of headaches and protect the paint on your fenders

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
My Honda GL1800 motorcycle had LOTS of such holes, so always stuffed rags on them to keep from losing bolts, nuts, etc. But, I think there were quite a few things buried on top of that flat engine!

Thanks for reminding me if the issue and I’ll take note when I get my car!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Get yourself a fender gripper. Will save a lot of headaches and protect the paint on your fenders
Agreed. Fender gripper is now on my list of things to buy. I'm using towels and the like, but yes, a full fender cover is best; it will lay across both sides (in and out) for the length of the fender. My truck is, well, a truck. But Skye and other member cars will deserve something proper.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agreed. Fender gripper is now on my list of things to buy. I'm using towels and the like, but yes, a full fender cover is best; it will lay across both sides (in and out) for the length of the fender. My truck is, well, a truck. But Skye and other member cars will deserve something proper.
Your car looks great, by the way! Can’t wait for my grabber GT to get built. Loving the color more every time I see more pictures

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
My car has been delayed to 08/01. But now I've been assigned a VIN.

The full timeline is:
Ordered 04/16
First production date of 06/29
Now delayed to 08/01

Guess we are all in the same boat.

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Today was supposed to be the delivery window to dealer, but it is still at the Twin Oaks railyard.

I flew south out of Philly last night, wanted to pull a DB Cooper when we were over the yard. There were a ton of cars waiting there.

DCloak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Today was supposed to be the delivery window to dealer, but it is still at the Twin Oaks railyard.

I flew south out of Philly last night, wanted to pull a DB Cooper when we were over the yard. There were a ton of cars waiting there.
Thanks for the update. One of those cars may be mine but my ETA window starts 7/12.

Sking1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2022 Mustang GT/CS
Has anyone received an order scheduled email from Ford this morning? I have been refreshing my email but no luck for me yet.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Has anyone received an order scheduled email from Ford this morning? I have been refreshing my email but no luck for me yet.
Not yet. I’m trying not to look so I don’t jinx it. A watched pot never boils type of thing LOL

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
2/10 ordered

5/13 built (delayed 1.5 weeks)

Shipped via Conestoga Wagon across the prairie ( in other words…delayed)

6/9 arrived KC holding lot

Shipped via little Timmy’s Radio Flyer wagon ( in other words… delayed)

6/28 arrived Granger Ford

7/11…hopeful delivery date (they are taking 1.5 weeks to prep and deliver) 👍

I can then put on the accessories I’ve already bought that have been lying around the house under the guise of, “Those wheels and tires are for the kid’s Mustang…”

GT Premium A10, 401A and some other stuff

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wow, the silence is deafening. I assume nobody got an email today?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
“Cleanup scheduling” my pale white ass, they ain’t doing shit
Just chatted with FP. Unscheduled Clean, no eta and no indication of a hold. WTF. I know I haven’t been waiting as long as some others, but have also seen orders placed several weeks after mine get scheduled. Cmon Ford!