Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
No, way to many unknowns as we have no idea about any spec, delivery schedule or anything else
I mean what if it’s revealed before your order is delivered and it turns out it’s the best Mustang ever.

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
I mean what if it’s revealed before your order is delivered and it turns out it’s the best Mustang ever.
If it's the "best Mustang ever," I'd probably be missing out but I'm not going to change my plan. I'd be pretty bummed if the new one is AWD and gets the Tremec, but otherwise I'm not really into the leaked images. The front is kind of 'meh' to me and I hate that they are getting rid of the fighter plane toggle switches.

More importantly, though, is Ford's recent track record with initial production of new generation vehicles. Look at the problems facing the Bronco and the new Explorer. I'd rather have the last run of an outgoing generation than the first run of a new generation.

Plus, I'm already waiting almost six months for an S550. Who knows how long an S650 would take (plus markups)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I doubt it will be that good, but I would still get the S550 as they are still likely to be a year away

senor-jd069

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2004 Ford Ranger
Spoke with Ford Performance today and found out my car was started on 6/3/22 and is currently in the body shop. I asked how long on average a build takes and his answer surprised me-

"It usually takes 3 to 4 weeks in the factory/mod shop once it is started. It depends on how many vehicles are in front of you at the mod shop"

Anybody have an experience like this? How long after body shop did your car finish getting built?

My blend date is still 6/7/22 (tomorrow) although I do have a bunch of cars in front of me.

Thanks

Sponsored

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
How many of you would cancel/pass on your order for an S650?
Great question! Me personally, i wouldnt. Ive heard first model years of a new gen are prone to issues so I would wait a couple years. I also dont really like the way it looks based off the leaks we've seen, but thats just me. Plus, I didnt like the S550 at first either, but now here I am lol

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I got an update today, and learned which railcar mine is on. I was able to track it to a yard in Ohio....

Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Talked to Ford Performance today. My car arrived at a rail yard in Chester, PA today. Chapman is 50 miles from the rail yard, so who knows how long it will take to get from the yard to the dealer.

Bronze_Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2022 Mustang GT
Talked to Ford Performance today. My car arrived at a rail yard in Chester, PA today. Chapman is 50 miles from the rail yard, so who knows how long it will take to get from the yard to the dealer.
How did you contact Ford Performance?

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

ConSpooky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue Metallic
Does anyone have the link to the customer order tracking website a member of our community made? I know it exists on here somewhere, but I unfortunately cannot find it again. If it helps, the colorway of the website is black/gray and purple.
Sponsored