22 S550 Tracking Thread

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
I can't even get into tracker today but dealer sent me email saying it is built and should be on the way soon and asking me what kind of dealer prep I wanted etc etc so hopefully it will arrive quickly!
My dealer has been hands off since I placed the order. I guess I should call them tomorrow and start telling them what I don't want done to the car when it arrives. I would recommend telling them to no wash/touch the car. Swirl city on your new paint if that happens.

The tracker is working for me today and still shows "in production" and not "built".
Sponsored

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
My dealer has been hands off since I placed the order. I guess I should call them tomorrow and start telling them what I don't want done to the car when it arrives. I would recommend telling them to no wash/touch the car. Swirl city on your new paint if that happens.

The tracker is working for me today and still shows "in production" and not "built".
I'm going to do the same thing. It's going straight to the detailer for a ceramic coating.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Some ideas I've learned from other members:

1. NO washing.
2. NO drilling the front bumper, for a license plate.
3. NO mods, unless I've agreed to in advance.
4. NO stickers or dealer plate on the paint.

5. DO put the build paperwork in the trunk.
6. DO put the plastic slipcovers and steering wheel wrap in the trunk.

IF the person doing dealer prep does all the above and a great job, consider a NICE cash tip.

IF the salesperson makes it all happen, give a great review when the Ford survey card arrives.

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
I'm going to do the same thing. It's going straight to the detailer for a ceramic coating.
I bought 45ft lenght x 60 inch width roll of 3m scotchgaurd PPF that I'll be applying myself after I do minor paint correction upon delivery. I also got a ceramic coating for the PPF to protect that.

AZRobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 400a Atlas Blue Auto, Black Accent
I picked up the Adams Advanced Graphene kit - it will be applied before it leaves the dealership.
I'm going to just use the surface prep included and apply to a freshly cleaned car.
She shipped a little over a week ago so hopefully she'll be here soon.

Sponsored

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra

For sure I told them gas only. Leave stickers and plastic. Will do detail and ceramic coat when I get it home

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
I picked up the Adams Advanced Graphene kit - it will be applied before it leaves the dealership.
I'm going to just use the surface prep included and apply to a freshly cleaned car.
She shipped a little over a week ago so hopefully she'll be here soon.
No buff? Thing won't be perfect from factory

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Some ideas I've learned from other members:

1. NO washing.
2. NO drilling the front bumper, for a license plate.
3. NO mods, unless I've agreed to in advance.
4. NO stickers or dealer plate on the paint.

5. DO put the build paperwork in the trunk.
6. DO put the plastic slipcovers and steering wheel wrap in the trunk.

IF the person doing dealer prep does all the above and a great job, consider a NICE cash tip.

IF the salesperson makes it all happen, give a great review when the Ford survey card arrives.
+1

I was lucky to be able to track my car's last step in delivery almost in real-time from the local railyard, and by truck (10 miles) to the dealership. As soon as I saw it being trucked to the dealer, I immediate called my sales guy, and told him I'm coming in to get the car.

I missed by a short time watching the car being unloaded at the dealership, but watched as the dealer service tech took it into the shop to do the needed PDI. My sales guy asked if I wanted it washed, stickers removed, etc. and I said politely: NO. They just pulled the exterior stickers, but left all the inside plastic, slipcovers as is. The sales guy asked again, "we can wash it for you, really, it isn't a problem," to which I just said no thanks.

Funny thing is I found later when I got home an ADM sticker the dealer had prepared for my car, if for some reason I flaked-out or couldn't buy the car, and they needed to put it on the general sales lot for another potential buyer. It was showing a $5K markup... lol. And with the way the market is, they would have easily got it.

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
+1

I was lucky to be able to track my car's last step in delivery almost in real-time from the local railyard, and by truck (10 miles) to the dealership. As soon as I saw it being trucked to the dealer, I immediate called my sales guy, and told him I'm coming in to get the car.

I missed by a short time watching the car being unloaded at the dealership, but watched as the dealer service tech took it into the shop to do the needed PDI. My sales guy asked if I wanted it washed, stickers removed, etc. and I said politely: NO. They just pulled the exterior stickers, but left all the inside plastic, slipcovers as is. The sales guy asked again, "we can wash it for you, really, it isn't a problem," to which I just said no thanks.

Funny thing is I found later when I got home an ADM sticker the dealer had prepared for my car, if for some reason I flaked-out or couldn't buy the car, and they needed to put it on the general sales lot for another potential buyer. It was showing a $5K markup... lol. And with the way the market is, they would have easily got it.
How you go into detail how one tracks the shipment, either tracking the trail or truck once it's off?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
+1

I hoping to do same. They'll probably call me in as a stalker or something.

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How you go into detail how one tracks the shipment, either tracking the trail or truck once it's off?
I found the company that handles the local deliveries (via the unloading railyard), and then found a way to get access to their tracking system. Once I had the account, I was able to login and search by my car's VIN and monitor all the details. Below are screenshots of how detailed I was able to see:

20220310-UnitedRoadLogistics-LocalTruckDelivery-01.PNG

20220310-UnitedRoadLogistics-LocalTruckDelivery-02.PNG

Edit: Below is a link to a previous post I made on how to get a login to see this kind of information (if your car is being handled by this shipping company):

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...get-more-info-united-road.171833/post-3488433

Last edited:

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to Karima today as well!
8B834C18-DD00-4D0B-9CB2-E1B83F947280.jpeg
I am surprised to see Ford Performance giving out railcar numbers (now). I was previously told this was something they did not do. I asked back in March, and they said (at that time) sorry, they couldn't give me that information.

Well, if you have the fortune of knowing a specific rail car number, then there are ways to track your car's shipment by rail (below):

Capture.PNG

BlueOdessa22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club
I am surprised to see Ford Performance giving out railcar numbers (now). I was previously told this was something they did not do. I asked back in March, and they said (at that time) sorry, they couldn't give me that information.

Well, if you have the fortune of knowing a specific rail car number, then there are ways to track your car's shipment by rail (below):

Capture.PNG
Much appreciated!

BlueOdessa22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club
Much appreciated!
Just called. The car is In Nashville, TN as of this morning. Next it’s heading to SC on 6/6 where I’m guessing it will be placed on a truck for delivery to the dealership in Charlotte.
Sponsored