22 S550 Tracking Thread

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I got my email yesterday morning that said mine is built. Now arranging transport. It's suggested to arrive between June 19 & 25. Hoping what the dealer told me may happen. Seems that they are getting some vehicles much faster than the expected delivery time. They also said that there's often no rhyme or reason as to when some arrive...
Sponsored

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
I think the longer delivery times has to do with fuel prices. With diesel fuel prices at a all time high, Railroad companies are trying to get as many vehicles and other goods on their trains as possible, which is resulting in longer shipping times.

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
I got my email yesterday morning that said mine is built. Now arranging transport. It's suggested to arrive between June 19 & 25. Hoping what the dealer told me may happen. Seems that they are getting some vehicles much faster than the expected delivery time. They also said that there's often no rhyme or reason as to when some arrive...
Hopefully you get yours sooner rather than later.

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
My order now says in production. No window sticker. Ford Performance chat yesterday told me it was still 6/4

Grabber Blue GT, 6MT 401A, PP, Magneride. Ordered 1/24.
Window sticker now available, showing blend date of 6/4 and I'm 1212/1303. That's a lot of Mustangs

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Yesterday my dealer told me my car has a production date of 06/29.
Ordered 04/16.

Being in the EU I don't have VIN number or tracking emails. If the production date is not pushed forward it probably will be here between September and October, I guess.

Edit: She's an EU model with the 10R80 and MagneRide, also Mustang Pack (a sort of "fully loaded" one, the EU variant is the Premium with PP).

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray, Magneride
Yesterday my dealer told me my car has a production date of 06/29.
Ordered 04/16.

Being in the EU I don't have VIN number or tracking emails. If the production date is not pushed forward it probably will be here between September and October, I guess.

Edit: She's an EU model with the 10R80 and MagneRide, also Mustang Pack (a sort of "fully loaded" one, the EU variant is the Premium with PP).
If you have the production date, the VIN is also available, your dealer can tell you from their system. With that you can do some minimal online tracking and get your window sticker eventually.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
If you have the production date, the VIN is also available, your dealer can tell you from their system. With that you can do some minimal online tracking and get your window sticker eventually.
I tried to get the VIN but the response is "we see it only when it's produced".
I know that over there is different, but I guess the dealer systems here are completely different.
Also the order number is different, they gave it to me but it looks like more than a sequence number assigned to every single dealer (here called "Ford Partners"). I don't think they are lying.

I don't have many other option besides waiting a month and checking again if it's produced or delayed.
Right now I'm happy it looks like it's taking less than expected.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I know that over there is different, but I guess the dealer systems here are completely different.
Also the order number is different, they gave it to me but it looks like more than a sequence number assigned to every single dealer (here called "Ford Partners"). I don't think they are lying.

I don't have many other option besides waiting a month and checking again if it's produced or delayed.
Get them to send you a screenshot of the order on there system if it’s at serialisation then it will have a vin, otherwise it’s only at committed with a estimated build date which you get when you place the order

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
EU S550 GT 10R80 Carbonized Gray, Magneride

Yeah, @Eclipsar is right, ask for the screenshot. The order ID is indeed useless, I can confirm, I had the same problem in Spain. But the VIN was definitely visible in the Ford dealer system.

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anyone else's window sticker different price than dora? My original order was before price increases.

Sponsored

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Anyone else's window sticker different price than dora? My original order was before price increases.
Yes, substantially. There were MSRP increases since January. My understanding is the price is protected by Ford from when the order was taken. I reached out to my dealer (Chapman) to confirm and haven't heard back.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
You have price protection. Ford and the dealer will settle at the end of the month or quarter for the difference; it's a paperwork/financial process between the two of them.

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
From what i've heard thats normal but your dealer should honor whatever price you agreed on at time of order

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Yes, substantially. There were MSRP increases since January. My understanding is the price is protected by Ford from when the order was taken. I reached out to my dealer (Chapman) to confirm and haven't heard back.
i asked Chapman the same thing. I ordered back in Nov of last year. Chapman advised me that “we’ll see how Ford invoices it”.
Right now the window sticker as the increased pricing.

King Of Shine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Mischievous Purple Metallic
Yes. There was a cutoff date of mid-April; all orders placed before mid-April received price protection.
My GT was ordered on 1/2
You should be price protected to whatever the original DORA has for pricing depending on when you ordered it
Sponsored