22 S550 Tracking Thread

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
You're not the only one considering it. Mine's been ordered since 4/21. My first new vehicle purchase, and has been less than a positive experience. It's not that I WANT a new one, I NEED one-and have the cash to buy it outright. Ordered 2022 Ecoboost 200A in Carbonized Gray. My old truck is on it's last leg, and the backup, my hotrod, is in pieces again. I may just pick up another $400 turd and drive it until it's wheels fall off then repeat.

It wouldn't be so bothersome if there were any communication. Neither Ford nor the dealer has said one word other than "order confirmed". I work in a dealership and communication, regardless of what kind, is better than none at all.
I agree with you 100%. But to play devil's advocate, I'm guessing the chip shortage is exacerbating the issue.

This is my first time custom-ordering a new car, but from what I've read on forums like these, in the "before times" you'd have a build date at most a couple weeks after placing the order. But, with uncertainty and chip shortage, it's a lot longer between each step. I was quoted 8-12 weeks for delivery and didn't even get a build date until week 12.

I also thought about cancelling several times... unfortunately there's simply not much better alternatives on the lots right now. Within a 5 hour drive radius there's only like 5 or 6 cars that even come close to matching my base criteria (manual and not in a greyscale color). Don't even get me started on the used cars--if I'm going to pay almost new car prices, I'm going to get a new car lol
Sponsored

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
I guess also to add to my position, I already have a reliable and eco friendly car. So my order is not a need, it’s a “want” right now.

ultimately if I pass on my order I wonder if anyone here would like to have dibs on it? I’m in the Las Vegas area and there’s no new GT’s on any lots here.

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I might do something that nobody here has done before.

I think I’m going to pass on my order once it’s delivered.
I have been debating it myself and with the dealer not doing price protection, been waiting since January, gas prices, s650 on the horizon and still not sure when I'm getting it... it has me thinking...

tim1007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyone else sitting on “built” for 2 weeks with no movement towards shipping? I would assume mine is getting shipped via truck to southwest PA.

Bronze_Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2022 Mustang GT
Anyone else sitting on “built” for 2 weeks with no movement towards shipping? I would assume mine is getting shipped via truck to southwest PA.
I'm in the same boat as you... been built since 5/31 with a delivery ETA of 7/3 to NE Ohio.

Sponsored

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Just hit one week since being built and awaiting shipping.

camstaysrolen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Does anyone actually know if the plant is shut down the first two weeks of July? My mustang is scheduled to be built the week of 27th June and curious if it will be stuck in limbo while the workers are on holiday. Is it looking like I will possibly take delivery in August?

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
United Road tracking shows my car (and a Ford Escape, lol) are in route to the dealership today... this could finally be happening fellas! :party:

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Yes, should be shutdown first half of July for vacations. My car is scheduled for the week of July 25th. I’m hoping that lots of chips and parts arrive in early July and I get produced on time!!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Does anyone actually know if the plant is shut down the first two weeks of July? My mustang is scheduled to be built the week of 27th June and curious if it will be stuck in limbo while the workers are on holiday. Is it looking like I will possibly take delivery in August?

Sponsored

Jeff22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Yes, should be shutdown first half of July for vacations. My car is scheduled for the week of July 25th. I’m hoping that lots of chips and parts arrive in early July and I get produced on time!!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
I have a July 25th build date as well. 🤞🏼

Mr X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello everybody, I'm new to the site. Ordered a carbonized gray mustang GT on May 5, and got a build date for week of 25 July. Seems like there's a number of us with that date

bloomerfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hello everybody, I'm new to the site. Ordered a carbonized gray mustang GT on May 5, and got a build date for week of 25 July. Seems like there's a number of us with that date
I ordered Carbonized Gray March 17 mine just got moved from June 27 to July 18th

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
I ordered at Premium Grabber Blue Ecoboost on 3/28, projected build was week of 6/20. But it looks like it got into this weeks schedule. The window sticker is even available. So won't be long now until the wife gets her surprise. It hasn't been easy keeping it from her.
Sponsored