21" Wheels

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Max57...I like your Boston Terriers. I'm on my second one now. Here they are.
bt2.jpg
bt1.jpg
Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Not to open a can here......alot of the German and Italian cars run hard on 30 series tires and look pretty doing so. I think with the S550 new body style and low profile tires/ large wheels (21"max, not 22"), it shows the mustang moving from traditional muscle car tendencies to world class performance car territory with the American Muscle power plant. IMO.
Even tho im not a fan of 21" to 22' wheels on the Mustang i understand what your saying. But those same wheels you posted a pic of would look just as good in 19" especially with the car lowered, and still give it an exotic look. I just think 19" are the perfect size. Plus you save in weight over bigger for better performance.. Smaller then 19" then you get that stock car look which im not a fan of either and bigger you get that out of place Hotwheels car look. that being said 20's aren't bad either i just would not go any bigger! JMO....

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Some folks consider the nose too long on the S550 and the bigger wheels do seem to shorten the front a little. I'm staying with 19's and MPSS tires but wheels are probably the most subjective thing on a car. I do notice that when a larger wheel is used the first thing I notice in the picture are the wheels so if you're a wheel person that would make sense. By the way, those wheels are sweet, just not for me.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I hate big wheels on thin tires!:mad::mad:

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
To each his/her own. Those extremely low profile tires are not practical for performance or comfort. There's a reason formula 1 and nascar don't use them.

Only one reason the rules don't allow them. We luckily don't have that restriction.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Only one reason the rules don't allow them. We luckily don't have that restriction.
They don't allow them because they know they're not good at performing and are dangerous. You need some rubber to perform properly. Thin tires are strictly for cosmetics.

Sponsored

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Not to open a can here......alot of the German and Italian cars run hard on 30 series tires and look pretty doing so. I think with the S550 new body style and low profile tires/ large wheels (21"max, not 22"), it shows the mustang moving from traditional muscle car tendencies to world class performance car territory with the American Muscle power plant. IMO.
Mmmm.
I think it shows that most americans either didn't take physics in high school or slept during class.
That is really the only reason I care about the oversized wheel thing, it makes us look like dummies, which is 100% ok if people understand the performance versus cosmetics trade offs and just want what they want.
I think you will find more high end foreign (to US) sports cars on 19's (or 18's) than 20's.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
depends on the car and the amount of space it has inside to fit the bigger and taller tires really.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
depends on the car and the amount of space it has inside to fit the bigger and taller tires really.
As far as style i agree.. like when i had my 07 Chrylser 300 Srt8 it came stock with 20's and i could not even picture that car with anything smaller..300's look good on 22's even but there a big body car with a big bulky wide stance and 4 doors.. For the Mustang i just think 19's look best and depending on the wheel 20's are ok too.. any bigger and it looks off..JMO..

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
As far as style i agree.. like when i had my 07 Chrylser 300 Srt8 it came stock with 20's and i could not even picture that car with anything smaller..300's look good on 22's even but there a big body car with a big bulky wide stance and 4 doors.. For the Mustang i just think 19's look best and depending on the wheel 20's are ok too.. any bigger and it looks off..JMO..
Agreed, im split between 19" and 20" for the S550 it all depends on what your ultimate goal for the car is.

21" wheels you can get away with really well on the S550 also though, since they use the same tire as a 20 profile wise and can give that nice in between size for the person on fitment.
Sponsored