2022 Prices?

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Thanks for sharing that, as that gives some perspective with my DORA price sheet seen earlier on this thread. I did recently hear about Ford raising prices, and Googling around I found some news articles on it, for example:

https://95octane.com/2022/02/16/2022-ford-f-150-mustang-and-suv-price-increases/

The 2021 Mustang GT Premium base price was $40,285, and for 2022 it initially was raised to $40,450 (my base price when I placed my order a couple months ago). And in the past couple days, that base price has gone up another $825 to $41,275 (seen on your sheet).

Eyeballing your sheet, the only other thing that stands out to me is a price increase on the Active Valve Performance Exhaust option. In 2021 it used to be $895, then it was raised to $995 in late 2021 and for early 2022 orders, and now it has gone up another $230 to $1225.
It looks like the black accent package increased by $200 too? I could be mistaken but I thought it was $995.
Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
most of the cost of the car is being offset by business/customers who are funding the vehicle for some software development projects (Internet-Of-Things Vehicle Data Analytics linked to cloud-based Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
remind me to yank fuse #14 and to smash the (now) 4G chip to smithereens. :)
I worked for CalAmp and ran the backoffice data-gather and analysis software that managed municipal and utility vehicles and their near real-time monitoring for location, speed, and various telematics.

I could have gotten rich charging eg. Verizon or Comcast customers $5 to inquire where their damn service technician was at any given time. And filthy rich blackmailing the technician to hide the fact that he spent 2hrs at the tittybar for lunch and then taking a nap at 3:30 to sleep it off. Engine idling the whole damn time and burning company gas money and affecting local air quality.

Sponsored

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
it was 995 or possibly 895 back in 2019.
Yeah I just saw on the 2021 configurator that’s still on Fords site it was 995 for the 2021s, that must be where I got that figure from. Likely for 2022 it was increased to 1095 and now 1195

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Mine is from Chapman, they'll do discount on another form. This is just to confirm options, so Ford pricing. But how do you get a Mach 1 HP close to this? The GT gets 4% (which only translates into a 1500-2000 discount) and the 1000 incentive. The Mach 1 gets 2%? And no incentive on Mach 1. So the GT should be a good chunk cheaper, unless you put on all options in which Mach 1 without HP is the way to go.
Well if you configure them as close as possible I think you’re paying like 3-4k for the tremec, extra coolers, and hp bump. I think it’ll age better as a special model. If you want an auto and dont plan on track days it might be a dubious value.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
remind me to yank fuse #14 and to smash the (now) 4G chip to smithereens. :)
I worked for CalAmp and ran the backoffice data-gather and analysis software that managed municipal and utility vehicles and their near real-time monitoring for location, speed, and various telematics.

I could have gotten rich charging eg. Verizon or Comcast customers $5 to inquire where their damn service technician was at any given time. And filthy rich blackmailing the technician to hide the fact that he spent 2hrs at the tittybar for lunch and then taking a nap at 3:30 to sleep it off. Engine idling the whole damn time and burning company gas money and affecting local air quality.
Lol. Well, I don't know if my vehicle software projects will be quite that exciting :)

I've been doing software development for over 25 years, and in these recent years there has been a definite uptick in interest and customers/clients who are looking at the "Cloud" (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.) for providing solutions. Last year I was dinking around with pulling data via a car's OBD port, and having it logged into my connected laptop's database. I was doing it mostly for fun and experimentation, but when I enlightened a couple of long-time customers of what I was doing, they got all googly-eyed and started asking questions of how to throw that data in real-time to the cloud for their needs/desires. It's my job to make this kind of software magic happen, so long story short, I got folks in my business community to help fund a Mustang-based project, thus offsetting my cost in the purchase. My vehicle's build was mostly personal wants, but also motivated by what I could get in a faster time frame. I could have chosen a Mach 1, but knowing the typically longer lead times, I don't think some of my customers were willing to wait that long.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could swear your total was much higher when I first wrote this. Turns out I only looked at the MSRP, which is very close to my discounted Mach 1 price of $57,620 for a Mach 1, 700A, HP, A10 in Eruption Green.
Ah, I think there might have been some confusion in my original post. I shared two screenshots in that post: One was my own DORA sheet, and the other was a different vehicle's Window Sticker sitting on my dealer's lot at the time. Maybe that explains things.

Nonetheless, here is my actual Window Sticker, showing MSRP, which is what I am paying.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8CF4N5112711

When I talked with my local dealer, every Mustang that they order for (dealer inventory) or have on their lot is automatically getting an ADM. The only way I could get MSRP was via a custom order. I also signed a Purchase Agreement specifying exact numbers when I ordered, so the dealer won't forget or try playing any tricks to tack on any last-minute ADM to my car when it arrives in a few weeks.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I just saw on the 2021 configurator that’s still on Fords site it was 995 for the 2021s, that must be where I got that figure from. Likely for 2022 it was increased to 1095 and now 1195
Sigh. I wish Ford's public facing internet resources would be up-to-date and reliable. I'm talking primarily about these two public-facing sites:

Mustang Build Configurator:
https://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/#/select/

Ford Order Tracking:
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

One is outdated (has 2021 information and prices, and here we are halfway through 2022 Q1), and the other rarely works.

Are there any Ford people that lurk these sites or can respond to this? I know, I'm asking a lot :)

As I previously wrote, I am a software person. I work in IT. I am involved every day in exactly these types of things. But here is my suspicion: Ford doesn't actually build or maintain those sites. Wait, what? Yes, there is a reality that happens where sub-contractors to Ford might be involved in keeping these things working and up-to-date. And if true, who knows what is going on between Ford and those sub-contractors. Unfortunately it's a black box to most of us. This is Ford's "public-face" to the world, and I'd think they'd care corporately-speaking to better ensure these things work. Oh well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
The configurator is up to date, as shown by the other models. Mustang is not because Ford keeps tinkering with the price increases

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I live almost 2000 miles away, and even if I have it shipped, I'd still be saving around $3k over MSRP. There are zero Mach 1's available anywhere near MSRP price in the S.F. Bay Area. I plan on making a driving vacation out of picking up my M1.
1400 miles for me and saving the same basically. IF I could even find one at MSRP around me. shipping will be 2k or less to AZ. just need to buy some patience now...

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
1400 miles for me and saving the same basically. IF I could even find one at MSRP around me. shipping will be 2k or less to AZ. just need to buy some patience now...
Sanderson Ford says they don’t do markups, and advertise that on their site. Not sure what they do on custom orders.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
And in the past couple days, that base price has gone up another $825
I was in the process of placing my order last week, and before I could make up my mind (debating between Granger and Chapman, costs/travel/etc.) the stupid price went up.

Grrr. At least that motivated me to make up my mind and place the order.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in the process of placing my order last week, and before I could make up my mind (debating between Granger and Chapman, costs/travel/etc.) the stupid price went up.

Grrr. At least that motivated me to make up my mind and place the order.
I know, right? When I placed my vehicle order back in December, one of my options, the front/rear all-weather floor mats, was $170. Or so I thought based on the 2021 Ford pricing tool. When my order went in for my 2022 GT, that $170 became $200 -- a $30 increase! Oh well.

I learned that some options are best acquired later or aftermarket, to get a better price. For example, I did not order the spare tire kit with my vehicle order, because the pricing tool and Ford priced it at around $400+. On Ebay/Amazon the exact same thing, same Ford part number, is sold by other Ford dealers for around $250 (including shipping). So I am saving some money that way.
Sponsored