2022 Losing 10hp

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
They should have almost no difference in loss. Even have the same transmission.
Wait.... A 480HP 2021 Mach 1 dyno's at 405? Cmon..even with an Auto I cant see that much loss. You have a Dyno Chart?
The source I am using are Steeda and motortrend- here is the M1 dyno, seen in their GT/M1 video (I've posted a screen grab of the dyno somewhere in my past post history)

Motortrend
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-dyno-results/

Obviously yea it would be better if they were run on the same dyno back to back
Sponsored

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
The source I am using are Steeda and motortrend- here is the M1 dyno, seen in their GT/M1 video (I've posted a screen grab of the dyno somewhere in my past post history)

Motortrend
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-dyno-results/

Obviously yea it would be better if they were run on the same dyno back to back
Im no tuner expert and not sure how much it skews the results, but the Mach is a Auto and they ran it in 6th gear instead of the 1:1 ratio of 7th gear. Again not sure if thats a big deal.

And so I watched a video on a Bulitt 6 Spd Dyno of a 2019 that dyno at 423 which, IMO, is more reasonable. But different dyno's, auto vs manual, too much humidity, fly's in the ointment, someone farted, it all changes the output i guess.

:cwl::handsinair::crackup:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Funny how Chevy could mitigate this on the corvette through some engineering, but Ford couldn't be bothered to engineer a fix to avoid this embarrassment. And they will still ask more for the car in 22. The Mach 1 will be my last Mustang and likely Ford as well...I could see moving to a Corvette once my kids are out of the house in about 10 years when I have no need for back seats at all. Actually, if the electric revolution truly takes over I will just buy the cheapest electric car possible because I hate electric cars and see no point in electric sports cars.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Funny how Chevy could mitigate this on the corvette through some engineering, but Ford couldn't be bothered to engineer a fix to avoid this embarrassment. And they will still ask more for the car in 22. The Mach 1 will be my last Mustang and likely Ford as well...I could see moving to a Corvette once my kids are out of the house in about 10 years when I have no need for back seats at all. Actually, if the electric revolution truly takes over I will just buy the cheapest electric car possible because I hate electric cars and see no point in electric sports cars.
Iā€™m no Engine Engineer, however I do know that Chevy v8 Engines are producing less HP per liter than Fords are, which to me would suggest they have more ways, or easier ways to mitigate HP loss. But thatā€™s just my belief.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... appreciate your thoughts here.
I recently had a buddy give me his Tesla 3 (RWD single motor - basically the slowest one) for the evening and... ummm... GAME CHANGER for me.

I had no idea until I drove the car, and it wasn't just the instant torque. The technology, driving experience (single foot driving!!), super charger camaraderie (instant car show and friendly chat!). Charging is not an issue, as apps like PlugShare make it SUPER easy to figure things out. The quiet, comfortable cabin....

For sure... without a doubt... in a short while a Tesla 3 (dual motor possibly) will be in my driveway.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...does anyone really think a 10 hp loss will be that noticeable??
Couldn't the engine be tuned easily to make up for the loss?

I went from 435 for my '17 GT to 485 in the '20 Scat back to 460 in the '21.
Now, the Challenger did overpower, and dropping 25 hp over against the
Challenger was noticeable.

Still, I really don't see that much diff between the 2 Mustangs.
I don't have tracks around me to track and my street racing has been curtailed
by a DOT that had the speed limit lowered to if you get caught, it's a
trip to jail for Reckless driving.

Too much traffic to play on the highway anymore.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I don't have tracks around me to track and my street racing has been curtailed
by a DOT that had the speed limit lowered to if you get caught, it's a
trip to jail for Reckless driving.

Too much traffic to play on the highway anymore.
That extra 10hp would probably help you not get caught :wink:

in all honesty no of course not, the 10hp doesnā€™t mean anything other than bragging rights for some. I wonder how much variation there is between two identical cars that are built on the same day? There could be a ā€˜21 that is down 5 hp and a ā€˜22 that is up 5 and they are effectively the same car.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That extra 10hp would probably help you not get caught :wink:

in all honesty no of course not, the 10hp doesnā€™t mean anything other than bragging rights for some. I wonder how much variation there is between two identical cars that are built on the same day? There could be a ā€˜21 that is down 5 hp and a ā€˜22 that is up 5 and they are effectively the same car.
...yep. Mostly bragging rights.
Of course if we were 16, it would matter.

IMG_0461 (1).JPG

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
...yep. Mostly bragging rights.
Of course if we were 16, it would matter.

IMG_0461 (1).JPG
To be fair, every time I drive this car Iā€™m 16. Other than getting to drive my grandfathers 68 mustang around the driveway, my first real mustang experience was at 16 and this car is like a time machine. Makes me smile every time I see it

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be fair, every time I drive this car Iā€™m 16. Other than getting to drive my grandfathers 68 mustang around the driveway, my first real mustang experience was at 16 and this car is like a time machine. Makes me smile every time I see it
...yea!!
I remember my Grandson driving everything I've owned.
From sitting in my lap driving my/his '98 S10 ZR2 to his
getting to brag @ school because he had a pic of him driving my
'20 Scat Pack Challenger to the '15 Camaro SS to my '17 Mustang GT to
him driving my '21 GT to the Saturn Sky.
One lucky little boy and he is just 16.....................:clap:
Sponsored